Rolling Stone review of The Sound of The Smiths

fortbethel

5 out of 5 stars. If you're wondering why my post is positive it's because Morrissey at one time had it together. After JM she went south. Viva Hate was/is promising. SAD SAD Dorrissey.

Re: Rolling Stone gives, 'TSOTS' a GR8 review..

Thanks for conveying that splendid news. No thanks for conveying your petty unpleasantness. Why do you come here?

Peter

Now Peter I've always thanked you for the scans & newsbits. Don't get bitchy with me now. I don't want 2 put u on the shitlist that Dorrissey's on. I like u US & want 2 keep liking u.

5 stars (out of 5): "Overseen by Morrissey and guitarist Johnny Marr, this compilation emphasizes the compositional might behind the miserablism of England's most idiosyncratic and influential Eighties band. Sound traces the quartet's four-year evolution from savage tenderness to refined despair: Morrissey articulates both bleak romanticism and omni-deprecating humor, while Marr accompanies him with chiming, multilayered riffs. The Smiths often relegated their most emotionally detailed and musically divergent tracks to single flips, included here: Their most famous song, "How Soon Is Now?" began as a B side, while non-album cuts like the languid "Stretch Out and Wait" showcase the bittersweet contrast between Morrissey's sympathetic crooning and the droll realism of lines like "Let your puny body lie down." Rarely does an act so flatteringly curate its own brilliance."

hmmmm

Now Peter I've always thanked you for the scans & newsbits. Don't get bitchy with me now. I don't want 2 put u on the shitlist that Morrissey's on. I like u US & want 2 keep liking u.

fortbessy, stop calling Morrissey using stupid nick name.

Now Peter I've always thanked you for the scans & newsbits. Don't get bitchy with me now. I don't want 2 put u on the shitlist that Dorrissey's on. I like u US & want 2 keep liking u.

That's nice of you to say so. Have a jolly night.:D

Best Wishes,

Peter

5 out of 5 stars. If you're wondering why my post is positive it's because Morrissey at one time had it together. After JM she went south. Viva Hate was/is promising. SAD SAD Dorrissey.

I bet you like the line

"yes I took strange pills, but I never meant to hurt you"

as for now, you do not hurt me, but keep yer transgender issue in
places where they belong, I'm sure you know where they are

nighty

I liked that it was on the same page as this Genesis review. :) Which got a half star less... :rolleyes::p

I beg to differ that Phil wasn't as compelling when (early) solo :cool:

Genesis: 1970-1975

At first, Genesis were five English ex-boarding-school mates playing complex songs about hogweed and Greek myth. They slimmed that audacity into platinum pop as members left: guitarist Anthony Phillips (1970), singer Peter Gabriel (1975) and guitarist Steve Hackett (1977). But bassist Mike Rutherford, keyboardist Tony Banks and drummer Phil Collins were never as compelling later as they were in the band that made the five LPs in this box. The country-cathedral air of 1970's Trespass and the prog-garage jolts on 1971's Nursery Cryme fuse to perfection in Gabriel's theatrical fables of greed and struggle in a fading Britain on 1972's Foxtrot and 1973's Selling England by the Pound. His story line on 1974's The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is still impenetrable. Now the album just sounds like a set of ingenious songs that didn't need a suite to make them art.

hmmmm

Corrissey, it was very nice of you to type out Genesis review.
Franky my dear, I don't give a daaam about it. :cool:

Re: hmmmm

Corrissey, it was very nice of you to type out Genesis review.
Franky my dear, I don't give a daaam about it. :cool:

Frankly my dear, it was cut and paste! :p

Don't you find it slightly ironic and a bit amusing that Moz and Phil are on the same page? :cool: Well, not literally. ;)

Back
Top Bottom