Single people, are you happy with your singleness?

Single people, are you happy with your singleness?

• Total voters
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I like being able to do what I want, when I want, which whom I want but also miss someone to cuddle up to on cold long winter nights or cook a nice meal for. My married friends envy my freedom and I envy their lives, probably a case of the grass is always greener! You can't have it all ways:)

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I like being able to do what I want, when I want, which whom I want but also miss someone to cuddle up to on cold long winter nights or cook a nice meal for. My married friends envy my freedom and I envy their lives, probably a case of the grass is always greener! You can't have it all ways:)

Wise words, Musley, even if I feared at one point that you were about to break into The Soupdragons!

I absolutely love it. You can have it all ways, despite what others say. You can be single, free of commitment and still have friends and even romantic companionship, just with no boundries or set commitments.

It doesn't mean you can't have a lover, wake up besides someone or even have companionship, it just meams there aren't set restrictions or legal terms attached to it, nor for the other person.

It's completely wonderful, liberating and for me, the best way to live. You definetely CAN have it both ways. People just generally don't know how.

I really do not think I would mind being single if I had not once long ago been so not single.
heartbreak.jpg

now its simply best if I am single, don't get too close, limit contact to a small group of people
& maybe from time to time have a 1or2 night stand here or there
nothing too serious, thats when the trouble starts
because as bad as the alone of single can be
its nothing compared to horror of being alone with another person!
only when one survives that can you truly know that Hell is other people
but this need not be so, one can keep things light and grow comfortable with being alone but not lonely
because in the end we really are alone no matter what our circumstance*

*=i think i was paraphrasing Billy Joel:

They will tell you you can't sleep alone
In a strange place
Then they'll tell you you can't sleep
With somebody else
Ah, but sooner or later you sleep
In your own space
Either way it's okay
You wake up with yourself

Generally it doesn't bother me, probably because I've never not been single, but it would be nice to have a boy/girlfriend I suppose.

Right now I can't concentrate in romantic thoughts about another person. I feel liberated now that I'm not in love with anybody I wish it was like that all my life but there's always somebody that changes that.

Single is good because it gives you lots options.

Single does not mean alone. It means not committed to a relationship.

Single is good because it gives you lots options.

Single does not mean alone. It means not committed to a relationship.

This is what people fail to understand. They picture some miserable soul, lock away inside, with nobody to 'love' and nothing going for them.

They fail to realize that you can do whatever you want with whomever you want, still the companionship, friendship, romantic relations, but just not be 'locked in' to any one person.

It's just absolute freedom. The best of both worlds. I don't see why people perceive it the way they seem to and place such importance on labels such as 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend'. Why can't you just see someone (or multiple someones) without a fancy title and be happy?

I was, until last night, strangely enough. I made out with this random boy who I don't like and now I'm feeling really empty and stuff because I didn't enjoy it at all, and I wish it could have been someone I actually liked. [/emo]

This is what people fail to understand. They picture some miserable soul, lock away inside, with nobody to 'love' and nothing going for them.

They fail to realize that you can do whatever you want with whomever you want, still the companionship, friendship, romantic relations, but just not be 'locked in' to any one person.

It's just absolute freedom. The best of both worlds. I don't see why people perceive it the way they seem to and place such importance on labels such as 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend'. Why can't you just see someone (or multiple someones) without a fancy title and be happy?

Likewise, it is just as possible to absolutely free, yet still be attached to another (girlfriend / boyfriend / wife / husband etc), whether that be on an emotional / physical / mental level.

Well, as of today I'm not sure if I'm still single (It's complicated :()
Being single means I could/can :)confused: :p) do what I wanted, whenever I wanted, with who I wanted :D Not having a girlfriend made me feel lonely at times, but the majority of the time I was happy and free ;)

Single and loving it!

Likewise, it is just as possible to absolutely free, yet still be attached to another (girlfriend / boyfriend / wife / husband etc), whether that be on an emotional / physical / mental level.

No, it's not. You cannot be free to do what you want with whomever you want, whenever you want when in a relationship, and especially not in marriage as there are financial and legal penalties for doing so.

You cannot be locked into a relationship, never mind a legal contract (aka marriage) and still have that freedom. You just cannot.

Right now I can't concentrate in romantic thoughts about another person. I feel liberated now that I'm not in love with anybody I wish it was like that all my life but there's always somebody that changes that.

Yes, and that person is YOU. You decide how you feel and why. If you don't want to feel a certain way for a certain reason, then don't. You have control over your emotions, actions and reactions.

If you realize that one day, then you will also realize how easy things like that can be, and how the outcome emotionally of any situation in life is entirely up to you.

Tags
1 is the loneliest # 2 can be as bad as 1 i am mine i like my twin bed soup for one voices carry
Back
Top Bottom