Worst Ever Cover Version

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Anything murdered by Rod Stewart, especially

Have I told you lately?

Downtown Train

Jukebox Jury

Most of them? Any "novelty" cover versions that just seek to f*** with the original for shits and giggles, a la Limp Bizkit's "Faith". I think you need to really feel the song. Boy band 911 covering the already hideous "A little bit more" was nausea-inducing, but I thought they had a neat way with "A night to remember".

This Japanese band tried to cover Public Image Limited's "Public Image". Train wreck would be too high a praise. If I find a video, I'll post it.

It took me a few minutes to think about this, but the one i dislike is Fun Lovin' Criminals 'We Have All The Time In The World', its probably not the worst, but its the only one i can think off right now! I really like the band but don't like that version of that song. btw...Huey Morgan is very sexy!! :horny:

Patti Smith's folksy rendition of "Smells Like Teen Spirit." I heard this in a music store while flipping through albums, I was tuning out until I caught the words "A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito,..etc." I was horrified. Patti's cool, but she MURDERED that song.

I can't believe no-one's mentioned this yet, brought to my attention by an eagle eyed forum member...

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything murdered by Rod Stewart, especially

Have I told you lately?

Downtown Train

Jukebox Jury

Wrong.

His cover of Dylan's Only A Hobo on 1970's Gasoline Alley is more than respectable.

The correct answer is this offering by two Solo boarders,

Last edited by a moderator:
Patti Smith's folksy rendition of "Smells Like Teen Spirit." I heard this in a music store while flipping through albums, I was tuning out until I caught the words "A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito,..etc." I was horrified. Patti's cool, but she MURDERED that song.

I actually prefer that version :o

I really dislike Nirvana (see: Pixies :p), but that version was worse than theirs-in fact, the whole album Twelve was awful! I really didn't enjoy her version of Soul Kitchen or White Rabbit. Her Tears For Fears was better than the original though. She didn't change the songs enough either.

Back
Top Bottom