Worst Ever Cover Version

David Grey - say hello wave goodbye

(it makes me want to pull a plastic bag over my head)

:eek: Oh my bob... that's one of my favorite covers.

*friendship wavers* ;)

Didn't Limb Bizkit also cover "Behind Blue Eyes"? Nothings sacred anymore..

I didn't know that :eek: so I youtubed it. What was I thinking?! *drinks brain bleach* I really do hate Limp Bizkit :gun: and Halle Berry gets this :angry: for being in their video AND this :gun: for making out with Fred Douche! :sick:

this is too easy - worst cover ever -

Winger - Purple Haze.

Pearl Jam's cover of Last Kiss (you know that "where oh where can my baby be, the Lord took her away from me...")

:sick: :gun:

I cannot stand Eddie Vedder's voice. On anything.

Pearl Jam's cover of Last Kiss

:sick:

I cannot stand Eddie Vedder's voice. On anything.

That is a f***ing awful cover. My only possible reason for not nominating it straight off the bat is that I must have somehow successfully blocked it. Thanks a load!

That is a f***ing awful cover. My only possible reason for not nominating it straight off the bat is that I must have somehow successfully blocked it. Thanks a load!

My local radio station plays it a lot. I have half a mind to boycott them for it ;) but they're the only station that plays Moz/The Smiths. What... just cuz Eddie Vedder is a Chicagoan...that gives him a free pass? I don't think so!

Fall Out Boy's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" makes me want to beat the entire band with Peter Hook's bass guitar. What is worse is that this band is from my hometown-Chicago. If I ever see them in town I will exact revenge on what damage this song did on my ear drums. Ian Curtis must be cutting himself somewhere. And the Cure, they did an equally irratating version of this song.

Now let me defend Eddie Vedder, along with other Chicago music icons as Smashing Pumpkins, Ministry, Naked Raygun, Material Issue, Veruca Salt, Cheap Trick, Buddy Guy, Liz Phair, and Wax Trax Records , I am very proud to say he is from Chicago. Nirvana was Nirvana-no doubt. But Mudhoney was Nirvana before Nirvana but without an incredible frontman-Cobain. Pearl Jam, in their day was one of the best bands in the states and if you ever saw them live-wow. Now, Eddie's voice may not be the voice of rock Gods, but it does have character and soul. Some of my favorite singers don't have great voices-they just have voices that mean something. Rock on Eddie!

Fall Out Boy's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" makes me want to beat the entire band with Peter Hook's bass guitar. What is worse is that this band is from my hometown-Chicago. If I ever see them in town I will exact revenge on what damage this song did on my ear drums. Ian Curtis must be cutting himself somewhere. And the Cure, they did an equally irratating version of this song.

They did?!?

Last edited:
Yes, the Cure did a version of this song as well and it was not good. I am a big fan of Joy Division so I was particularly irratated.

Wrong.

His cover of Dylan's Only A Hobo on 1970's Gasoline Alley is more than respectable.

The correct answer is this offering by two Solo boarders,

Best cover ever, mother f***er.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dislike Nirvana (see: Pixies :p), but that version was worse than theirs-in fact, the whole album Twelve was awful! I really didn't enjoy her version of Soul Kitchen or White Rabbit. Her Tears For Fears was better than the original though. She didn't change the songs enough either.

Tears for Fears? Which song did she cover?

I'm ashamed. Deeply, deeply ashamed to like Tears for Fears. *buries self in hole in the ground*

[youtube]f8jg5pjvwjw&feature=related[/youtube]

That is hilariously awful. :D

Back
Top Bottom