November Spawned A Monster Smiths / Morrissey Charity Auction!

Jukebox Jury

Retired
A charity ebay auction to raise funds for The Salford Lads Club will take place from 6th - 14th November.

Amongst items being auctioned off is the huge advertising banner (below) that was hanging outside The Roundhouse, in Camden in January 2008. The banner was given to SLC by Merck and is pictured rolled out on the gym floor at SLC.
2951602343_8874c7131c_o.jpg

Also on offer is a cassette album of The Queen Is Dead signed by all five members of The Smiths.

We have other items too but are appealing for more items to be donated for auctioning and also other, lesser valued items for a raffle that will take place at The Star & Garter, Manchester on Thursday 13th November during a fundraising gig at the S'n'G. - http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=91832
If you feel you can donate something, please contact Leslie Holmes at SLC - [email protected]

Thanks

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
good work JJ

but the question has to be who has a bed room wall this will fit on ...

It is indeed a huge banner..... I took the picture myself from the balcony over the gym.....but it is the only one of it's kind..... and it is looking for a good home and owner:)

Jukebox Jury

A cassette of The Queen Is Dead signed by all "five" members?

Why would anybody want Craig Gannon's autograph on an album he never played on?

Actually, smart arse:rolleyes:, the 5th signature is that of the backing singer, Ann Coates.........

Jukebox Jury

it's gonna be huge like...

how will the banner be shipped and how much will it cost? :D

Good question Nugz
Surprisingly the banner is actually quite light - but obviously bulky.
I am advertising it as 'winner must collect or arrange for courier to deliver'. So imagine that rules out an overseas buyer:(

I'm visiting USA in December, but wont be able to fit it in my bag:D

Jukebox Jury

I guess its this - so its on banner vinyl.

roundhouse.jpg

How about £1 per week, until you have paid it off - should you win?

Jukebox Jury

A pound a week? Weightwatchers couldn't convince me, neither can you, my friend.

It's too big for me, anyway, I don't have any surfaces big enough to put it on. If it was the same size with the new Southpaw Grammar cover on it then I'd be seriously tempted, though...

Is there a guide price or a reserve?

I have just enough space on my bedroom wall...:D

Back
Top Bottom