Wow!! this is why The Smiths are the best band of the last 30 years

Bluebirds

6th July 1983 (Hacienda gig I assume, courteosy of PJLM)
Never seen any of it before

And follow the related links for the songs

Imagine seeing this new band playing their hearts out, proving a point, astounding the audience, doiing something completely unique, in thier hometown.

And waving gladioli about.
Thank "someone" for youtube.. my poor girlfriend... but the set and performance...THIS IS UTTER TV GOLD. CHEERS TO WHOEVER POSTED THIS, I should change my name to BLuebird in Exile. Is Burt Lancaster brown bread? I think so....

6th July 1983 (Hacienda gig I assume, courteosy of PJLM)
Never seen any of it before

And follow the related links for the songs

Imagine seeing this new band playing their hearts out, proving a point, astounding the audience, doiing something completely unique, in thier hometown.

And waving gladioli about.
Thank "someone" for youtube.. my poor girlfriend... but the set and performance...THIS IS UTTER TV GOLD. CHEERS TO WHOEVER POSTED THIS, I should change my name to BLuebird in Exile. Is Burt Lancaster brown bread? I think so....

I'm actually at my mums at the moment in Coventry..... Stivichalle.... so if you are hosting a party tonight watching this gig.... invite me round:cool::D

Alternatively..... as Peter suggested.... supply the link!
*EDIT* Just noted the links now added!

Jukebox Jury

I remember watching the video of the gig at the second Smiths convention in August 1989.

I'm actually at my mums at the moment in Coventry..... Stivichalle.... so if you are hosting a party tonight watching this gig.... invite me round:cool::D

Alternatively..... as Peter suggested.... supply the link!
*EDIT* Just noted the links now added!

Jukebox Jury
Current location the Royal Borough of Windsor and Slough (an oxymoron if ever I heard one)

I'd be extremely interested to know if anyone here attended this gig?

And what they thought.

AMAZING stuff

Current location the Royal Borough of Windsor and Slough (an oxymoron if ever I heard one)

I'd be extremely interested to know if anyone here attended this gig?

And what they thought.

AMAZING stuff

Ha ha no problems.
I have a friend who went to the November 83 Hacienda gig, but not the July (or February) gig.

Jukebox Jury

This must be the earliest available video footage of the band surely?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Hmmm, it's almost 20 years ago, I don't remember which month, but definitely the organisers showed us a bootleg video of Hacienda gig.

This must be the earliest available video footage of the band surely?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

I've seen Derby Assembly Rooms plenty of times (still on VHS)....which I thought was the first thing video thing you could ever get

Seriously someone should put this on the main page. I'm Gobsmacked

Hmmm, it's almost 20 years ago, I don't remember which month, but definitely the organisers showed us a bootleg video of Hacienda gig.

July 1983

On the 1990 Smiths convention they were showing a video of the Hacienda gig (no idea which date) and it was perfect quality with like coloured boxes popping up round Moz and split screens etc a la TOTP. I asked Elliott for a copy but he was a tight git:) Anyone have one? :pray:

July 1983

I Know the links you posted were taken from July 1983 gig footages.

However, I don't remember which Hacienda gig bootleg vidieo I saw Smiths convention in 1989.

On the 1990 Smiths convention they were showing a video of the Hacienda gig (no idea which date) and it was perfect quality with like coloured boxes popping up round Moz and split screens etc a la TOTP. I asked Elliott for a copy but he was a tight git:) Anyone have one? :pray:

If it's a bootleg you might find it from http://smithstorrents.co.uk

Last edited:
However, I don't remember which Hacienda gig bootleg vidieo I saw Smiths convention in 1989.

Interesting Kewpie
I have just checked the excellent ''Passions Just Like Mine' site and came up with this

''The Manchester Hacienda concert from 6 July was professionally filmed and the footage has made it onto the bootleg market.

An earlier Hacienda concert from 4 February was professionally filmed but the video footage is not widely circulated yet''.

From the setlist on the footage given on this thread it would appear to be from the July gig.
The third and final Hacienda gig in November was not filmed.
I have the bootleg audio from the February gig (which - according to the excellent ''Morrissey's Manchester'' was The Smiths third ever gig;)) but would love to see a film of it:guitar::guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I Know the links you posted were taken from July 1983 gig footages.

If it's a bootleg you might find it from http://smithstorrents.co.uk

sorry, ive taken mushrooms.........

If you prefer divx rather than youtube for this, (VLC plays Divx), you can find it here. The quality is better I think.

download link:

http://rapidshare.com/users/OX7QG5

THE SMITHS
6 July 1983
Hacienda
Manchester, UK

(Pro-Shot / divx / 189MB / 38:18)

01. You've Got Everything Now
02. Handsome Devil
03. Reel Around The Fountain
04. What Difference Does It Make?
05. Wonderful Woman
06. These Things Take Time
07. I Don't Owe You Anything
08. Hand In Glove
09. Miserable Lie
10. Accept Yourself

Nice one mate.

Honestly we're all here cos of Moz/ The Smiths. I can't emphasise enough how this is one one of the best things anyone anywhere is likely to ever see.

RHINO Are you taking note???

You sound like a fun guy....

Anyhoo, thanks to the original poster for the link to Wonderful Woman. It's.. ummmmm... wonderful.

Capcom Streetfighter 2

WINNERS DONT USE DRUGS

I'm a massive Smiths Morrissey fan

Back
Top Bottom