2 requests for the chat page

1. Is there any way to makes the frames mode the default, especially since the non-frame default option is a PITA for new users to get the hang of? Besides, that button click to change to frames mode wastes valuable time that I'd rather spend in other ways.
  2. Why are there 2 levels of authentication? It'd be a minor annoyance if not for the fact that if you opt to have your browser save the name/password for the first authentication step, there's no easy way to un-authenticate it to log in as a different user, for example.

Bad things happen in chat. Baaaaaaad things.

I am staying away. Besides the fact that it basically the same thing that goes on here but with no moderation and more work in able to view the material. Add to the fact it is non permanent.

I am staying away. Besides the fact that it basically the same thing that goes on here but with no moderation and more work in able to view the material. Add to the fact it is non permanent.

You're very wise to stay away. It's a nasty nasty place. It gets very UGLY. Especially when certain people are there. :eek: I think there should DEFINITELY be a moderator in chat. DEFINITELY.

Last edited:
if you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding

Oh... I will have my pudding... I can guarantee that...

wait... what are we talking about?

Chat is sort of boring when you run into some of the people that lurk there, but other times it's fun. I'm glad it's there but I don't use it as much as I used to.

"this is Lorne Greene country. you're Americans, you should know that."

Chat is in maintenance mode. the next work i do on it will be to shut it down.

Excellent news. I know folk don't have to go in there, but it really is inhabited by the people who have nowhere else to go, and Buzzetta is right, there's som pretty unpleasant stuff in there. The last refuge of the lunatics. I for on will be glad to see it go. The forums here are pretty fast moving and function as chat anyway, so we can have registered folk on a moderated board.

Petr

Yay

Excellent news. I know folk don't have to go in there, but it really is inhabited by the people who have nowhere else to go, and Buzzetta is right, there's som pretty unpleasant stuff in there. The last refuge of the lunatics. I for on will be glad to see it go. The forums here are pretty fast moving and function as chat anyway, so we can have registered folk on a moderated board.

Peter

I agree with David and Peter.

We hear only unpleasant stuff in chatroom, no need for keeping it.

Why is it completely unsurprising that the moderators hate the chatroom?

The moderators are the prime target of the abuse in chatroom.

Someone told me the other day that a troll posted my picture in there, but idiot got it from an Asian woman's site whose registered name happened to be Kewpie which is a mistaken identity.

I do not have my own website, only use this user name for several sites which very few people know about it.

Why is it completely unsurprising that the moderators hate the chatroom?

Because on the very rare occasions I've been in there I've encountered the real nutjobs that have been banned for good reason, I get 'redded' with all sorts if unpleasantness, and I also get regular messages from folk who provide tales of horror. Real personal unpleasant stuff. There's no need for it. I can handle myself pretty well, personally I've had far, far worse than what goes on in there, but I don't think users who go in there genuinely looking for a chat have to put up with it.

Peter

The moderators are the prime target of the abuse in chatroom.

Maybe there's a reason why moderators (well, only you, AFAICT) are the prime targets of abuse in the chatroom.

Someone told me the other day that a troll posted my picture in there, but idiot got it from an Asian woman's site whose registered name happened to be Kewpie which is a mistaken identity.

Kewpie, your real pic was, in fact, posted there the other day.

1. Is there any way to makes the frames mode the default, especially since the non-frame default option is a PITA for new users to get the hang of? Besides, that button click to change to frames mode wastes valuable time that I'd rather spend in other ways.
  2. Why are there 2 levels of authentication? It'd be a minor annoyance if not for the fact that if you opt to have your browser save the name/password for the first authentication step, there's no easy way to un-authenticate it to log in as a different user, for example.
i never use frames, ignore does not work properly in frames
&
It doesn't matter now.
David is shutting it down.
oh, ok, i suppose its about time chat was put out of its misery
maybe someday it can come back new and improved :pray:

ok so i just spent some time in there to see what the fuss is about. within THREE MINUTES i spotted the "problem" right away. look, its really simple. the SAME person is coming in and out as a different name. making fun of the same people, posting pics and info. its very very obvious. its the SAME PERSON. the same person who has been trolling the forum for years now. gets banned and rebanned. why cant you just block that one persons IP address? i dont get it. i dont really use chat and i really dont care either way. but i figured out the issue after being in there a few minutes. it seems like a simple solution really.

Back
Top Bottom