2 requests for the chat page

ok so i just spent some time in there to see what the fuss is about. within THREE MINUTES i spotted the "problem" right away. look, its really simple. the SAME person is coming in and out as a different name. making fun of the same people, posting pics and info. its very very obvious. its the SAME PERSON. the same person who has been trolling the forum for years now. gets banned and rebanned. why cant you just block that one persons IP address? i dont get it. i dont really use chat and i really dont care either way. but i figured out the issue after being in there a few minutes. it seems like a simple solution really.

Because the chat room doesn't work like that, and that person could always use a proxy. We're reasonably wise to proxies on these forums (fora?) now, so the troublemakers just don't use them. That person you referred to has indeed f***ed it up for all genuine users, so I'm afraid they've done it. I have had so many reports of their handiwork. Sad, but as someone said, that's just the way it goes.

Peter

my last? 2 cents on this topic
i think its gotta be 2 people, one in the uk and one here in the states...

maybe two.

either way thats two people that could easily be blocked. its not like its a bunch of people like the complaints on this thread would imply. if that was the case, it would be way different. but obviously there are people that enjoy it, so why punish everyone, when you could just punish the one or two people that we're sure is causing the trouble?

Because the chat room doesn't work like that, and that person could always use a proxy. We're reasonably wise to proxies on these forums (fora?) now, so the troublemakers just don't use them. That person you referred to has indeed f***ed it up for all genuine users, so I'm afraid they've done it. I have had so many reports of their handiwork. Sad, but as someone said, that's just the way it goes.

Peter

i know it may be hard but if that person was just flat out ignored, they might stop. and even if they didnt, if he was ignored he wouldnt get the same satisfaction out of it

i know it may be hard but if that person was just flat out ignored, they might stop. and even if they didnt, if he was ignored he wouldnt get the same satisfaction out of it

True, but you know that one of the features of the chat room is that you can send one-on-one messages without anyone else knowing. If that's not a cowardly troll's charter, then I don't know what is, so it's not as easy to ignore a persistent nutter. And that person is a persistent nutter.

Peter

True, but you know that one of the features of the chat room is that you can send one-on-one messages without anyone else knowing. If that's not a cowardly troll's charter, then I don't know what is, so it's not as easy to ignore a persistent nutter. And that person is a persistent nutter.

Peter

I'm not sure we're thinking of the same person. there's more than one. I've never been that upset about the threats because I know that the person is just begging for a reaction. Some of the other people in there that have an unusual perspective ;) are kind of entertaining.

Re: Yay

I agree with David and Peter.

We hear only unpleasant stuff in chatroom, no need for keeping it.

Another good call Kewps, it's most unusual of you to agree with Dave n Pete! Is this a first? :D

love

Grim
P.s. I'm just takin' a stroll around, I don't even go in Shat!

I'm not sure we're thinking of the same person. there's more than one. I've never been that upset about the threats because I know that the person is just begging for a reaction. Some of the other people in there that have an unusual perspective ;) are kind of entertaining.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I reckon you are going for 'FYS' & the rest are going for 'BG', am I right?

love

Grim

PLEASE JUST SHUT THE CHAT DOWN! No one ever discusses Morrissey, and Viva Hate, who calls themselves Laura Wong, hacked into my Yahoo! account and my Amazon account AND my MySpace account which I am going to delete. You won't listen to me, listen to others who want it shut down. Please. :( OH, and Laura Wong or whoever he/she is put my FULL name on chat today - JUST SHUT IT DOWN. PLEASE. This is a site devoted to MORRISSEY, not trolling bastards.

PLEASE JUST SHUT THE CHAT DOWN! No one ever discusses Morrissey, and Viva Hate, who calls themselves Laura Wong, hacked into my Yahoo! account and my Amazon account AND my MySpace account which I am going to delete. You won't listen to me, listen to others who want it shut down. Please. :( OH, and Laura Wong or whoever he/she is put my FULL name on chat today - JUST SHUT IT DOWN. PLEASE. This is a site devoted to MORRISSEY, not trolling bastards.

Don't tell people your full name then?

they have long known my full name, it has never meant they hacked anything of mine or gotten any real info on me
honestly, the chatroom trolls attempts at getting info seem to be based primarily on getting info people either tell them (or someone else)
or finding it at other public places
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY
they just make stuff up, duh...

your password is not Morrissey is it? change your passwords and stuff and keep them safe, I am sorry you got trolled but just stay out of chat.

Don't tell people your full name then?

I did not tell *people* my full name. Viva Hate/Laura Wong hacked three of my personal sites. You seem a bit uppity and sarcastic, which I don't appreciate. If you don't like what I have to say, don't bother responding.

ok so i just spent some time in there to see what the fuss is about.

Thanks, nugz. I was going to take a few minutes myself just to see what it was all about. No need to now. nugz tested, nugz (dis)approved :D

i feel i have missed out on something by never going there ... oh well no point in starting now :rolleyes:

Doesn't sound like we've missed much. Although it's the highest # of ppl that I've ever seen, so maybe that is the place to be?! :eek::(;) Oh well...the forums is my chat room :p

Back
Top Bottom