Roll call...Echo & The Bunnymen, October 1st at Radio City Music Hall

Have a great time whomever's going tonight, enjoy after party too....

I can't wait myself. :)

I thought their set of classics was pretty so-so but man hearing Ocean Rain with an orchestra was amazing!! I couldn't decipher a word Mac mumbled the whole night which is actually pretty annoying.

The place was pretty full which amazed me somewhat since Radio City holds 4000 and they have been barely selling out Irving Plaza when they come to town which holds around 1200. The slide show of black and white photos that were displayed during the Ocean Rain me goose bumps at times (especially ones of Pete D, one of the truely great drummers of his generation).

The crowd was a pretty odd mix of old heads and newbies including an adorable seven year old whose father decided to place on his shoulder and in my way the whole night till I moved between sets.

I ran into Matt Pinfield when I went to the john during their cover of People Are Strange which was the worst I have ever heard them perform.

Ohh yeah, last night was the first time I ever saw a girl give her boyfriend a full on lap dance during a concert. They were right next to me and she was so into it, that her head literally knocked into my shoulder..Weird.

Here is the setlist for any of you interested..Three cheers to the Bunnymen, one of the truely great bands of the past 30 years.

Lips Like Sugar
Rescue
Bring on the Dancing Horses
I Think I Need It Too (new song)
All That Jazz
The Disease
Back of Love
All My Colours (Zimbo)
People Are Strange
Nothing Lasts Forever
Walk on the Wild Side
In the Midnight Hour
The Cutter
The Yo Yo Man
Thorn of Crowns
The Killing Moon
Seven Seas
My Kingdom
Ocean Rain

Nice one for the review
Zimbo is one of my all time Bunnymen songs:)

Jukebox Jury

This gig was so much more fun & relaxed comparatively against RAH's.

I'm really anticipating Liverpool's on 27 November.

I appreciated Will's musicianship even more so now. He is very talented.

Ian was so funny & happy, I'm glad about that...

Glasvegas, was cool, IMHO but, who am I?

I met up w/ some forum members. That was nice.

Come on November...Liverpool, here we come again!

Same here :guitar:

Their first four albums are all classics. And the new track "I Think I Need It Too" was a winner in my book. Looking forward to their new release in 2009.

Nice one for the review
Zimbo is one of my all time Bunnymen songs:)

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom