"Morrissey's muse makes his rockabilly comeback"

Thanks, Peter. It sounds like Boz is one busy man! Nice to see the mention at the bottom of a 2009 tour. It gives us hope!:)

Thanks Peter- I am definitely going to buy that when it comes out. Intriguing.

Nice article, thanks Peter.

Go Boz :cool::guitar:!! You're a huge star in your own right!!

I can't wait to hear 'Jungle Rock' with Adam Ant! :)

That's the one. At least those were the days before I started knitting them anatomically correct, or heaven only knows what you might be looking at now! :D

It's so cute and funny, I think however it is prob for the best that this is an earlier model :D

Oh, I've just noticed that I'm in the image credits, .....as "Fluffer Kate". :o I'm never going to be allowed to live down that Fluffer thing, it seems. :rolleyes:

ha ha well that will teach you, you naughty fluffer :D

It is a really good album!!!

Here's mah review...

Miss Pearl – by Boz Boorer (release date: 23rd September, Vibrant Records)

Having not released any of his own work since 1996's darn spiffy "My Wild Life", Boz - who never misses the opportunity to record with his many musical pals - had a treasure trove to dig through to spoil us with on "Miss Pearl".

One of those pals happens to be Adam Ant, who appears on "Jungle Rock". If you can find their rendition of "Save The Gorilla" (a simian take on Adam's highwayman theme tune), you'll be pleased to know that "Jungle Rock" is far more together, but no less ridiculously joyous.

There follows a veritableCelebrations box of rockabilly folk, playing on tracks like "Crash The Party" and "Rock'n'Roll Ruby". "Jitterbop Baby" is from a Rockats/Polecats/Blonde Bombers all night session – and Boz can't remember who else was on electric guitar with him. Apparently, "it was that kind of night!" More Polecattiness appears on "Rockaway Beach", the most recent of the tracks, featuring Tim Polecat as well as Dean Micetich (Kid Rocker / The Kaisers) and Big Sandy. Long-time Boz collaborator Steve Hooker turns up on two tracks, in an alternate take of "In the Witchin' Hour" from Steve's "Boptown" album, and "Dollar Short". Says Boz of playing on Steve's albums; "always a pleasure, never a chore."

A fab 16 track album featuring tracks that have only ever appeared on obscure EPs or which have lingered unheard for some years – great for completists and bounty hunters alike.

Me again...

That's so sweet they call him "Morrissey's muse". Boz works so hard and usually gets people whining that he's not as good as Johnny Marr, and it pees me off!

Me again...

That's so sweet they call him "Morrissey's muse". Boz works so hard and usually gets people whining that he's not as good as Johnny Marr, and it pees me off!

This is a different mix of ""Witchin' Hour" to the one on "Boptown", isn't it? We've lost the lady talking dirty. But I think we've gained an extra dog howl.

I'll get me anorak....

EDIT; yes, it says "alternate take" on your review, which I've just read properly. *slaps forehead*

Last edited:
Bwhahahahaha!

Apparently that woman talking is from an audiobook of an Ann Rice novel. *zips up anorak*

Arrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Bwhahahahaha!

Apparently that woman talking is from an audiobook of an Ann Rice novel. *zips up anorak*

Arrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

She's not credited on the track on "Boptown", but it does say "with Boz", so I wondered if he'd added female impersonating to his repertoire.... :D

Back
Top Bottom