Really obscure punk

I have to chime in and say:

The Dog Faced Hermans

Really one of the best bands that's ever been. Tied pretty tight to The Ex, and I guess The Fall. Their records aren't very easy to find. Tomorrow night I'll try and upload some for yalls.

I used to listen to alot of danish punk which i guess to others might be pretty obscure. Gorilla Angreb were be far my faves, i think you'd be able to get a hold of some of their Ep's through Soulseek :)

608394708_l.jpg

their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/gorillaangreb

btw Gorilla Angreb means Gorilla Attack ^^

The term "obscure" is debatable, however I can think of plenty of underappreciated punk bands...

For those who like more catchy stuff...
Pinhead Gunpowder (A green Day side-project, think they're more stereotypivcal punk stuff like Insomniac or Kerplunk.), the Queers, Screeching Weasel, the Muffs..

For those who want old school...
Adverts, X-Ray Spex, Penetration, Vice Squad, Cock Sparrer (One of my favorites!) Avengers, X (Brilliant!), Germs (Great!)...

If you're looking for more underground/streetpunk stuff..

Check out The Trouble, Banner of Hope and Erika's second band New York Rel-X, Anti-Heroes, Intro5pect, Time Again, Oxymoron, Boston's own "The Unseen" mostly because I know them and they're cool, and Anti-Flag's "Die For You're Government" which is phenomenal.

I am an obsessive collector of punk and punk-related music, if you want more bands to check out, or specific tracks/albums I would be delighted to assist. I'd also recommend, as somebody already did, MunchyBrain, as a resource, especially for english street/anarcho-punk.

I'm sorry I found this thread so late!!
I have some REALLY obscure stuff but as a starting point I'd say:

Citizen Fish
Adolescents
Minutemen
Conflict
Mission of Burma
Active Slaughter
Flux of Pink Indians
MDC
7Seconds
Subhumans
Agent Orange
NoMeansNo
Propagandhi
TSOL

and quite a lot of the stuff other people have said. That list was like the mainstream end of what I listen to though, if you want proper obscure stuff I will be happy to oblige.

Oh, also Radical Dance Faction (kind of dub-punk) and What Price, Wonderland? because they're my mates bands and I feel I should give them a shout out. :D

Last edited:
yeah, my punk bands are not obsure i guess to most
but 15 off the top of my head are:

Angry Samoans
Babyland
Subhumans
Crass
Dead Kennedys
Television Personalities
Bad Brains
The Exploited
Napalm Death
Buzzcocks
The Replacements
Vandals
Adolescents
Circle Jerks
Black Flag

Last edited:
One of my favorite bands is one of the early LA punk bands, The Bags. I'm surprised at how many people I meet that don't know them or have never heard of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite bands is one of the early LA punk bands, The Bags. I'm surprised at how many people I meet that don't know them or have never heard of them.

Not my fav, but definitely obscure. I am forever waiting for The Decline of Western Civilization to be released on dvd.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Sham 69 and Deadboys, where they obscure??? :guitar:

I think they might have been.

As I said, obscure is pretty relative, but i probably wouldn't put them in that category. The Dead Boys I could take or Leave I like Sham 69, though. They were very influential, the forefathers of Oi music. If you like them I'd recommend Cock Sparrer, if you're not into them already.
"Shock Troops" is, arguably, they're best album. It's one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom