Do you wear sweatshop clothes?

Do you buy from companies that use sweatshops?

• No

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Yes, but I feel bad about it

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Yes, and I don't feel bad about it

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Yep I do. I simply cannot afford not to and hate it when people preach the sweatshop thing to me. Afterall the people who work there do through choice

Yep I do. I simply cannot afford not to and hate it when people preach the sweatshop thing to me. Afterall the people who work there do through choice

To work there or die of hunger, it's not really much of a choice?

Ok....maybe your right on that, that is a BIG maybe as well. I agree, DMs are a much better topic:)

These Links would also be of interest to people who don't want to buy sweatshop clothing. I was just reading that 90-95% of the clothes we wear are produced in sweatshops.

http://www.newdream.org/marketplace/clothing.php

http://www.fairindigo.com/?gclid=CMu...FROI1QodjWxzeg

http://www.googobits.com/articles/p0-491-practical-ways-to-avoid-sweatshop-clothing.html

I clicked on all three pf those links & I've spotted a flaw:
When I say where can I buy clothes, American stores is not an option as I'm in England & online is not an option as I'd like clothes that actually fit.

Here's another question or two:

If everyone stopped buying clothes from (taking two as an example) Primark & M&S & those companies when bust (not a crazy notion, M&S were in dire straights not so long ago) what would the 50,000 or so employees do? They're mostly low skilled so it's not like they can go into a trade.

If ALL the companies in your list pulled out of whatever countries their products were made in, what would those employees do? Low paid or not, it's got to be better than starving to death in the street. Bear in mind when you answer that one that we're talking millions of people & not just a few thousand.

There's already a situation in the UK now where people are having to choose between food & heating, what are THEY supposed to do if the price of clothes goes up by (let's say) 300%?

I clicked on all three pf those links & I've spotted a flaw:
When I say where can I buy clothes, American stores is not an option as I'm in England & online is not an option as I'd like clothes that actually fit.

You could look online for British stores, if you are concerned about knowing your size. But these companies do provide you with doing something, if you want to. You could also buy clothes form charity shops.

Here's another question or two:

If everyone stopped buying clothes from (taking two as an example) Primark & M&S & those companies when bust (not a crazy notion, M&S were in dire straights not so long ago) what would the 50,000 or so employees do? They're mostly low skilled so it's not like they can go into a trade.

If ALL the companies in your list pulled out of whatever countries their products were made in, what would those employees do? Low paid or not, it's got to be better than starving to death in the street. Bear in mind when you answer that one that we're talking millions of people & not just a few thousand.

There's already a situation in the UK now where people are having to choose between food & heating, what are THEY supposed to do if the price of clothes goes up by (let's say) 300%?

Are you asking me these question? I don't have the answer, i just googled 'None sweat shop clothing' and came up with the links. I am not in the clothing trade or an economist.

Back
Top Bottom