Do you wear sweatshop clothes?

Do you buy from companies that use sweatshops?

• No

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Yes, but I feel bad about it

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Yes, and I don't feel bad about it

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
If you believe they've actually stopped using sweatshops that's endearingly naive.
I'm sorry, as someone who actually worked for a clothing chain for many years and is older than 17, I think you'll find I know what I'm talking about. How old are you again? :)

geneva_mechanism_6spoke_animation.gif

Trippy

I just sat here for about two minutes staring at this animation.

eeee she called you a dirty american.......

As I and MANY others stated months ago. It is easy to do what she does when mummy and dah-dee financially support you. One day she will grow up.

If you believe they've actually stopped using sweatshops that's endearingly naive.

Heeeey what a coincidence, that is what many of us have pointed out about a few of...

awww you know the rest.

Let's see how well MunchyBrain would fare if their parents cut off the money supply , withdrew their support , shelter and kicked them out into the streets and completely turned their backs :eek:

Tactics of a black bloc are vandalism, rioting and street fighting, demonstrating without a permit, misleading the authorities, assisting in the escape of perpetrators arrested by the police . ( In other words there are merely criminals )

You're implying the law has some kind of inherent validity, which is, incidentally, both mistaken and demonstratably false.

i try and only buy clothes made by children under 6 or 7, they are very good at sewing.:p

honestly, it depends on the basis of why it is called a sweatshop for me to be really worried about it, if one is just talking about low wages i really do not have any care, well it wont trouble me, if we are talking unhealthy environments and basically forced labor then that's another story.

Exactly.

You're implying the law has some kind of inherent validity, which is, incidentally, both mistaken and demonstratably false.

They are not going to respond to you since they were banned.

are you familliar with the expression "cop out"?

Whats' you're alternative? Seriously. It's very easy to critisize other peoples beliefs and ides when you don't have any of you're own. Moreover, my statement was empirical logic. The only way I can completely not contribute to exploitation and brutality is to give up paying my taxes, wearing clothes, owning things, and eating. Starving to death, while interesting political theatre, accomplishes very little, and let's face it that trick only works once. The situation requires more complex and intelligent solutions. It's not a cop out.

Do you have any ideas of you're own?

i'm having a strange sense of déjà vu!

Whats' you're alternative? Seriously. It's very easy to critisize other peoples beliefs and ides when you don't have any of you're own. Moreover, my statement was empirical logic. The only way I can completely not contribute to exploitation and brutality is to give up paying my taxes, wearing clothes, owning things, and eating. Starving to death, while interesting political theatre, accomplishes very little, and let's face it that trick only works once. The situation requires more complex and intelligent solutions. It's not a cop out.

i'll tell ya what: we'll talk once you're "capable of taking a stand and defending it".

keep in touch.

Whats' you're alternative?

is it punk rock and anarchy?

Seriously. It's very easy to critisize other peoples beliefs and ides when you don't have any of you're own. Moreover, my statement was empirical logic. The only way I can completely not contribute to exploitation and brutality is to give up paying my taxes, wearing clothes, owning things, and eating. Starving to death, while interesting political theatre, accomplishes very little, and let's face it that trick only works once. The situation requires more complex and intelligent solutions. It's not a cop out.

You could do a lot if you really wanted to.

Why do want to own things if your an anarchist? Why don't you live in a squat ?

You could grow your own food. Buy from markets or local produce.

On the subject of clothes:

http://www.newdream.org/marketplace/clothing.php

http://www.fairindigo.com/?gclid=CMu...FROI1QodjWxzeg

http://www.googobits.com/articles/p0...-clothing.html

You can eat. Freeganism. :D

Today I paid $3 for a white turtleneck that my daughter needed for her cheerleading uniform.

I was happy that I only paid $3.

I spent $60 the other night on a Calvin Klein black button down shirt at Macy's in Herald Square. The only reason I bought it was because I had a dinner I had to go to and needed to wear something a bit more dressy. Somewhere, someone is crying.

Today I paid $3 for a white turtleneck that my daughter needed for her cheerleading uniform.

I was happy that I only paid $3.

and the irony is, a girl the same age as your daughter made it in a sweatshop.;)

I spent $60 the other night on a Calvin Klein black button down shirt at Macy's in Herald Square. The only reason I bought it was because I had a dinner I had to go to and needed to wear something a bit more dressy. Somewhere, someone is crying.

$60 for a dressy shirt.....you should be crying:p

That is so true...however, I don't think we could sew it for $3....if you consider the cost of the materials and the TIME investment.

crikey Sue Storm you jumped right in there.....i didn't see you:p

$6 then?

Back
Top Bottom