Do you wear sweatshop clothes?

Do you buy from companies that use sweatshops?

• No

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Yes, but I feel bad about it

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Yes, and I don't feel bad about it

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
How shall I hijack this thread? Any suggestions?

See, look, what is your problem? I don't hijack your stupid threads (Is it acceptable during a gay marriage ceremony for a groom to groom the groom anyone?). I think that people like you are the reason that we're doomed. Although, maybe you deserve a prize for being a stereotypical consumer American.

See, look, what is your problem? I don't hijack your stupid threads (Is it acceptable during a gay marriage ceremony for a groom to groom the groom anyone?). I think that people like you are the reason that we're doomed. Although, maybe you deserve a prize for being a stereotypical consumer American.

Maybe Buzzetta doesn't take a black bloc anarchist seriously? Though he shouldn't hijack threads!!! That's not nice.

see...when one's fashion is so simple, it would be easy to buy sweatshop-free:

800px-S24_Black_Bloc_1.jpg

I would just steal the good looking clothes after smashing up main street.

Last edited:
MunchyBrain..how old are you? I want to point something out to you...

SInce you seem to be a Black Bloc anarchist, it probably means you are under the age of 25. You see, eventually one finds him or herself bending their youthful lifestyles when they realize they have to survive. Keep your ideals, that fine. But the young become old. You won't want to hang out with kids anymore and they won't want to hang out with you. Your best friend will be living with his wife and 3 kids out on Long Island. most figure they'll need a roof, they need food, they need love (some want family in a place where their kids could get a good education). and they want those things not necessarily in a commune or a trashed apartment/house you are sharing with your smelly and often stoned friends. And in order to do this, they need to be presentable.

Now... others will choose to work at a cafe, bar, or used book store all their lives and that's fine (so rock on). I'm fine with that. But I don't want to do that. So i need to buy the clothes i buy because, yes, my look is limited to the perception of me that is expected and allowed in my field.. i conform to a style i like though and actually prefer to the hippie garb i was wearing when i was 17-19 years old.. The clothes i buy happen to be made in sweatshops. I have no choice. But I don't mind.

So lets drop the self-righteous talk. I did my time trying to change the world...and I still am (I just don't have that much time these days).

Last edited:
People still wear monkey boots, but not that much. Also, there's a thing on DMs website about how ethical they are and stuff, but I'm not sure how much is true. My next pair are probably going to be the 'Vintage' ones made in the UK, even though they're more expensive. They're better quality as well, as these pictures (scroll down) demonstrate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Martens

The last pair i bought was possibly in the late 90s. I have had various styles and colours. I did get bored of the look of them. I still want a pair, that looks like brogues but are like a chelsea boot. One my fav pairs was a slip on shoe which looked like a chelsea boot with the ankle cut away, i never seen them since. I think they are too expensive nowadays. I always look in that shop in Camden, the one by the tube station, they have great shoes in there and i have bought several pairs from there too!

Here are some that i have had or look like the ones i have worn, over the years....I like talking about shoes:)

Last edited:
Maybe Buzzetta doesn't take a black bloc anarchist seriously? Though he shouldn't hijack threads!!! That's not nice.

see...when one's fashion is so simple, it would be easy to buy sweatshop-free:

800px-S24_Black_Bloc_1.jpg

I would just steal the good looking clothes after smashing up main street.

I see a bunch of people that were not allowed to have the keys to the car on Friday night.
Heh Heh

Last edited:
how you will have to root for the dodgers this baseball postseason perhaps?

While out in San Diego by the way. I secretly had a feeling this would happen and I made my purchase of an LA hat for just the occasion. Franchise hat size large same style and model as my favorite Yankee hats.

The papers are going to go nuts if Mr T plays the Mets.

I see a bunch of people that were not allowed to have the keys to the car on Friday night.
Heh Heh

Shut up MR MAN, we are angry and we want change.....not your lose change, but change in like society. We don't know what the change is, but i heard it on a CD but the singer was shouting a bit so i couldn't really hear most of the lyrics! We don't want to feed the capitalist, like what our mums do by paying for stuff, but my mum gets me my stuff.....but thats not the point!!!!! Shut UP!
I hate brand clothes, like what normal people wear, but look she has the same t shirt as me, i think i will talk to her because we like the same stuff.

Last edited:
Shut up MR MAN, we are angry and we want change.....not your lose change, but change in like society. We don't know what the change is, but i heard it on a CD but the singer was shutting a bit so i couldn't really hear most of the lyrics! We don't want to feed the capitalist like what our mums do by paying for stuff, but my mum gets me my stuff.....but thats not the point!!!!! Shut UP!
I hate brand clothes, like what normal people wear, but look she has the same t shirt as me, i think i will talk to her because we like the same stuff.

I thought that was what the band "Korn" was for? Hot Topic must have had a sale that day.

Although I must admit I do like the song they had with Ice Cube and the Y'all Want a Single? Say f*** that song.

I thought that was what the band "Korn" was for? Hot Topic must have had a sale that day.

I had to look up 'hot topic'.......

this is kind of cute:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/st...T<>prd_id=845524442185815&bmUID=1221814551413

Although I must admit I do like the song they had with Ice Cube and the Y'all Want a Single? Say f*** that song.

don't think i've heard it, but being over 30....i just wouldn't understand that noise! :p

I am 33. That must mean that I am close to death.

Maybe Buzzetta doesn't take a black bloc anarchist seriously? .

Let's see how well MunchyBrain would fare if their parents cut off the money supply , withdrew their support , shelter and kicked them out into the streets and completely turned their backs :eek:

Tactics of a black bloc are vandalism, rioting and street fighting, demonstrating without a permit, misleading the authorities, assisting in the escape of perpetrators arrested by the police . ( In other words there are merely criminals )

It doesn't bother me anymore, now that I use child labor at home ;)

really.....are your kids good at sewing etc. do you make hand made shirts?

can i send you my measurements?

Let's see how well MunchyBrain would fare if their parents cut off the money supply , withdrew their support , shelter and kicked them out into the streets and completely turned their backs :eek:

Okay granddad:p

Tactics of a black bloc are vandalism, rioting and street fighting, demonstrating without a permit, misleading the authorities, assisting in the escape of perpetrators arrested by the police . ( In other words there are merely criminals )

sounds like a normal Saturday night on most British council estates:D

I would be able to survive fine in the situation you described, I have friends in squats who would take me in.

P.S. last part = Wikipedia copy and paste. Errr.

I would be able to survive fine in the situation you described, I have friends in squats who would take me in.

P.S. last part = Wikipedia copy and paste. Errr.

Oh i get it , go from being dependent on your parents to being dependent on criminal friends . an atypical answer :rolleyes:

copied and pasted truth makes it no less the truth though :D

Oh i get it , go from being dependent on your parents to being dependent on criminal friends . an atypical answer :rolleyes:

copied and pasted truth makes it no less the truth though :D

You're always dependent on someone, go out get a flat your dependant on your job to pay the rent, don't want to be dependent on an employer so you sell watercolours on the street, you're dependent on the trade, so...is there any way to escape dependency?

You could have at least changed a few words here and there, because it appears that you can't think for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom