Depeche Mode Tour 2009 to start in May in Israel

I met them Dave, Martin & Fletch in 2005. It was my birthday too. I went to the Playing the Angel signing at Tower Records in NYC. It was the BEST birthday of my ENTIRE life...I got their signatures on my cd too.

I just can't wait to see them AGAIN...they bring out so much fun & LIFE in their music/gigs!

So you have never seen them live? You have to! Well, you might get the chance soon depending on their 'future plans.'.....Walking in My Shoes is especially great live. It was one of the highlights (for me) when I saw them last tour....As for Alan Wilder, what can I say, he is still my favorite member. And I think every DM fan knows about his significant role in the band.
...ETS, PJ, IYR, IFY, are usually played, and the others have also been played as well on different tours. Were you talking about 'Dream On' having never been played? It is on the ONIP dvd (The Exciter Tour).

You should feel special for liking bands like DM, MOZ, Smiths, etc! That just means you know good music:D

I heard the vinyls were good. I dont have any of the remasters on vinyl just the Cd's so i dont know how they compare. But the three I do have sound really good. If I remember correctly, I think Alan had something do to with the remastering, not sure though.
I have seen them live, but only once. And I want to see them once more!!!
Alan had to do with the remastering of CTA to Sofad. Alan is my fave band member as well. And I always thought he was gorgeous...:D And a genius, as well. I sometimes miss him a bit...:o
I haven't seen the ONIP DVD, but now that you mentioned it, I'll go buy it! I'love to hear Dream On live!
I do feel special about liking such good music, but the other people of my age don't like me because of this. Some of them call me a freak...:tears: I wish I could just ignore them, but 'I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does'. Luckily, I have 2 friends who are big DM and Smiths fans! And one of them used to like heavy metal, but when she heard What Difference Does It Make from our Smiths and Enjoy The Silence from our DM she said that 'heavy metal sucks in front of these masterpieces!'. But of course, a genius like me could never suggest sth that sucks!
P.S.: Mozzy1, you are the luckiest person in the whole world! You really are!!!!!!!!:D:guitar:
P.S.2: My username is Silence because of ETS, the last word!
DM ROCKS!:D:guitar:

I have seen them live, but only once. And I want to see them once more!!!
Alan had to do with the remastering of CTA to Sofad. Alan is my fave band member as well. And I always thought he was gorgeous...And a genius, as well. I sometimes miss him a bit...
I haven't seen the ONIP DVD, but now that you mentioned it, I'll go buy it! I'love to hear Dream On live!
I do feel special about liking such good music, but the other people of my age don't like me because of this. Some of them call me a freak... I wish I could just ignore them, but 'I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does'. Luckily, I have 2 friends who are big DM and Smiths fans! And one of them used to like heavy metal, but when she heard What Difference Does It Make from our Smiths and Enjoy The Silence from our DM she said that 'heavy metal sucks in front of these masterpieces!'. But of course, a genius like me could never suggest sth that sucks!
P.S.: Mozzy1, you are the luckiest person in the whole world! You really are!!!!!!!!:D:guitar:
P.S.2: My username is Silence because of ETS, the last word!
DM ROCKS!:D:guitar:

Once is not enough! Ive only seen Morrissey once and I am dying to see him again. Ive seen Depeche 3 times and thats still not enough for me. I dont think i could ever get enough DM or Moz :D

....Yes Alan is gorgeous! Especially during Music for the Masses. I love when Alan explains how to play the keyboards in 101. I miss him too. I wish he was still in the band.

....You must get ONIP and the rest of the DVD's (if you dont have them already).

I think, these days, it is so rare for young people (including myself, im 25) to like DM. I run into many people who dont even know who they are. So the fact that youre 13 and know who they are is very cool. And if other people are calling you a freak, then they really dont know what they are talking about and they are probably just jealous because they dont know anything about DM. Thats nice you have 2 friends who like DM and Smiths. I dont really know anyone who like them besides the people I meet online. I think all Dm and Moz fans should get together! lol

Oh yeah, Mozzy1 is so lucky! I still plan to meet DM someday, somehow;)

Last edited:
Once is not enough! Ive only seen Morrissey once and I am dying to see him again. Ive seen Depeche 3 times and thats still not enough for me. I dont think i could ever get enough DM or Moz :D

....Yes Alan is gorgeous! Especially during Music for the Masses. I love when Alan explains how to play the keyboards in 101. I miss him too. I wish he was still in the band.

....You must get ONIP and the rest of the DVD's (if you dont have them already).

I think, these days, it is so rare for young people (including myself, im 25) to like DM. I run into many people who dont even know who they are. So the fact that youre 13 and know who they are is very cool. And if other people are calling you a freak, then they really dont know what they are talking about and they are probably just jealous because they dont know anything about DM. Thats nice you have 2 friends who like DM and Smiths. I dont really know anyone who like them besides the people I meet online. I think all Dm and Moz fans should get together! lol

Oh yeah, Mozzy1 is so lucky! I still plan to meet DM someday, somehow;)
I'd honestly sell my soul to have a talk with all 4 of them. Thankfully, I have all their DVDs, and my fave is Devotional. I can't believe how nice the DM songs sound live!
I just can't get enough of DM and Moz. I've never seen Moz live, unfortunately. But if I have to, I'll take my sister with me to London, just to see him live. Same goes for DM.
I agree, DM and Moz fans should get together! In DMMB, there are many people who like DM and Moz as well. I'd love to hear DM singing with Moz, Dave and Moz's voices are both so beautiful and unique. As far as I know, Alan is an avid Smiths (and Moz's voice) fan. He's still a very nice man, after all these years, like Moz.
Yes, it is very rare to find DM or Moz fans who are young. I feel lucky to have friends who like DM and Moz. It's so bad that young people don't know what good music means. I would prefer thousands of times to listen to Marilyn Manson, which sounds very different from what I generally listen (Mechanical Animals is an amazing album, and I liked the DM cover they did for PJ), than awful new hip-hop - rap songs that make my skin crawl. I even prefer Madonna from this, and I'm not that big of her fan. But I'm sure that if all these young people ever sit down and listen to DM, Moz, The Smiths, The Cure, U2, Nirvana etc. will definetly love them:D, because these bands are timeless. Songs like ETS, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Boys Don't Cry, How Soon Is Now, Dagenham Dave and New Year's day are songs that are amazing, and they're MUSIC, not s**t (sorry for the expression, but I couldn't find a more appropriate word!):guitar::D
I'm very happy to find another DM fan! It's amazingly hard to find someone who's under 40 and who likes MUSIC!:D

I'm under 40 too!!! Well at least one more month until I turn 40. :o
Last year when I was in New York for Moz (the Hammerstein shows) I found out that Dave Gahan was going to sign his new solo-album Hourglass so I went over there to get a wristband and went back the next day to have the cd signed! Two heroes in one week in New York! I felt so blessed. :p
I even bought a second cd for my friend's 18 year old daughter so when I gave her the signed cd, that Dave had written her name on, she started crying. :tears: :)

I'm under 40 too!!! Well at least one more month until I turn 40. :o
Last year when I was in New York for Moz (the Hammerstein shows) I found out that Dave Gahan was going to sign his new solo-album Hourglass so I went over there to get a wristband and went back the next day to have the cd signed! Two heroes in one week in New York! I felt so blessed. :p
I even bought a second cd for my friend's 18 year old daughter so when I gave her the signed cd, that Dave had written her name on, she started crying. :tears: :)

Wow:eek: I am so jealous but yet happy for you! :D Moz and Dave, that is pretty unbelievable!....And what a good friend for getting a signed CD for your friend's daughter! Can I be your friend too?:p:D

:p
I'd honestly sell my soul to have a talk with all 4 of them. Thankfully, I have all their DVDs, and my fave is Devotional. I can't believe how nice the DM songs sound live!
I just can't get enough of DM and Moz. I've never seen Moz live, unfortunately. But if I have to, I'll take my sister with me to London, just to see him live. Same goes for DM.
I agree, DM and Moz fans should get together! In DMMB, there are many people who like DM and Moz as well. I'd love to hear DM singing with Moz, Dave and Moz's voices are both so beautiful and unique. As far as I know, Alan is an avid Smiths (and Moz's voice) fan. He's still a very nice man, after all these years, like Moz.
Yes, it is very rare to find DM or Moz fans who are young. I feel lucky to have friends who like DM and Moz. It's so bad that young people don't know what good music means. I would prefer thousands of times to listen to Marilyn Manson, which sounds very different from what I generally listen (Mechanical Animals is an amazing album, and I liked the DM cover they did for PJ), than awful new hip-hop - rap songs that make my skin crawl. I even prefer Madonna from this, and I'm not that big of her fan. But I'm sure that if all these young people ever sit down and listen to DM, Moz, The Smiths, The Cure, U2, Nirvana etc. will definetly love them:D, because these bands are timeless. Songs like ETS, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Boys Don't Cry, How Soon Is Now, Dagenham Dave and New Year's day are songs that are amazing, and they're MUSIC, not s**t (sorry for the expression, but I couldn't find a more appropriate word!):guitar::D
I'm very happy to find another DM fan! It's amazingly hard to find someone who's under 40 and who likes MUSIC!:D

Who wouldnt want to meet DM?! There are some people have been lucky enough to have met them already (like Jose lol). I have not been that lucky but I think its because of where I live. I think i have to follow them somewhere where i have a little more chance of meeting them. Suggestions anyone?....... I didnt know that Alan was a Moz/Smiths fan. I know Martin attends Moz's shows but i didnt know about Alan. Now, if only Moz was a DM fan lol I know their styles may be different but I actually think that Martin and Moz would get along lol

Referring back to the younger crowd, I do think that if they were to give MOZ/Smiths/ DM a listen, they would be surprised. You dont have to listen to just one type of music or certain bands. Eventhough Moz/Smiths and Depeche are my two favorite bands I still listen to a varitey of other bands and music. Its up to the individual person i guess.

...I am always happy to meet other young DM fans as well! :D The older fans always tend to say "oh yeah i used to like them" or " i used to listen to them." I always think, why dont you listen to them now? lol

Last edited:
:p

Who wouldnt want to meet DM?! There are some people have been lucky enough to have met them already (like Jose lol). I have not been that lucky but I think its because of where I live. I think i have to follow them somewhere where i have a little more chance of meeting them. Suggestions anyone?....... I didnt know that Alan was a Moz/Smiths fan. I know Martin attends Moz's shows but i didnt know about Alan. Now, if only Moz was a DM fan lol I know their styles may be different but I actually think that Martin and Moz would get along lol

Referring back to the younger crowd, I do think that if they were to give MOZ/Smiths/ DM a listen, they would be surprised. You dont have to listen to just one type of music or certain bands. Eventhough Moz/Smiths and Depeche are my two favorite bands I still listen to a varitey of other bands and music. Its up to the individual person i guess.

...I am always happy to meet other young DM fans as well! :D The older fans always tend to say "oh yeah i used to like them" or " i used to listen to them." I always think, why dont you listen to them now? lol

I was thinking of exactly the same thing about Moz and Marty (that's how my sister calls him lol). Marty is a vegeterian (like me!), and so does Moz, they're both sensitive people and they are unique.
I am listening to other music, but I can't stand 50Cent over my ears, I'll kill myself. I listen to lots of music generally. I love classic music as well, Daffy and Amy Winehouse, who's ruining her talent, pre 00s Madonna (and some of the after 00s), but usually I get so dissappointed by music nowadays (except for 80s bands' new stuff, I'm always interested in listening to it and I never compare it to older stuff which is also great) that I listen to the same artists. I also like some hippie songs, like California Dreamin', Somebody To Love and San Francisco, and I could generally be called as a music freak.
But I love Placebo and Evanescence, from newer bands, and Linkin Park is good, but I don't have any records!:p:D
About older fans: Yes, it is true, and that's something that pisses me off, but luckily my mother's an exception! She always loved music, and she still listens to it all the time. We listen to DM, The Cure or Moz and dance to it or say crazy stuff like: 'Can you ever imagine Robert Smith singing with Moz?' (this is actually a wish) or 'Wow, look at Moz he's so gorgeous! I'd easily go out with him' (lol)! She's generally a very living person, who has realised that 'life is small so enjoy it' and she does whatever makes her happy. And so do I. I listen to whatever makes me feel and whatever I like.
As I said below, I'd love to meet, in order:
1. DM
2. Moz
3. The Cure
4. U2
5. Marilyn Manson
I know I'm asking too much, but I hope I'll be able to meet them before I die:D:D:D!

I was thinking of exactly the same thing about Moz and Marty (that's how my sister calls him lol). Marty is a vegeterian (like me!), and so does Moz, they're both sensitive people and they are unique.
I am listening to other music, but I can't stand 50Cent over my ears, I'll kill myself. I listen to lots of music generally. I love classic music as well, Daffy and Amy Winehouse, who's ruining her talent, pre 00s Madonna (and some of the after 00s), but usually I get so dissappointed by music nowadays (except for 80s bands' new stuff, I'm always interested in listening to it and I never compare it to older stuff which is also great) that I listen to the same artists. I also like some hippie songs, like California Dreamin', Somebody To Love and San Francisco, and I could generally be called as a music freak.
But I love Placebo and Evanescence, from newer bands, and Linkin Park is good, but I don't have any records!:p:D
About older fans: Yes, it is true, and that's something that pisses me off, but luckily my mother's an exception! She always loved music, and she still listens to it all the time. We listen to DM, The Cure or Moz and dance to it or say crazy stuff like: 'Can you ever imagine Robert Smith singing with Moz?' (this is actually a wish) or 'Wow, look at Moz he's so gorgeous! I'd easily go out with him' (lol)! She's generally a very living person, who has realised that 'life is small so enjoy it' and she does whatever makes her happy. And so do I. I listen to whatever makes me feel and whatever I like.
As I said below, I'd love to meet, in order:
1. DM
2. Moz
3. The Cure
4. U2
5. Marilyn Manson
I know I'm asking too much, but I hope I'll be able to meet them before I die:D:D:D!

yeah, it just seems like Mart and Moz would get along so well. Both are vegetarians, sensitive, and unique (like you said). Also, they both seem to have quiet type personalities but are very outrageous in their own ways, and they are both brilliant writers. I think they could write some great songs together. We can dream right?:p

Its good to listen to a variety of music like you do. I have so many likes such as 80's new wave, music from the 50's and 60's, big band music, classical......i dont really know much about newer bands but if someone recommends a band I would give a listen. But really, the music I listen to most is DM, Moz, Smiths, and New Order.

You have a very cool mother! My mom is also a fan of MOZ and DM because of me lol We usually go to DM and Moz concerts together and we always have the best time ever. Im glad that I can share those experiences with her. Have you ever been to a concert with your mom?

I just hope they keep their same type of image & not sink back into the SOFAD and Ultra/Exciter modes...

To me, their "style" of music is what makes them...I hope that they actually revert back to their Black Celebration/Some Great Reward/Music For The Masses/Construction Time Again/Broken Frame days...but, that's my opinion...

Come on guys, keep 'em coming...

While Depeche-Mode.com informs that the German promoter Marek Lieberberg has announced the presales for Depeche Mode's mid-2009 tour to go on sale in October 2008, the first so called 'fake' tickets have already started to pop up on the internet. That is if you consider pre-sales to be fake of course... Several outlets (especially the more expensive third party resellers) are already offering Depeche Mode tickes for sale although there are no official dates known. If these are fake is yet to be seen. The dates we received corresponded with the info we received so far as well except for a double date set on June 11th. It was also Marek Lieberberg who confirmed www.depechemode.de that the tour would probably start in Israel in May 2009. The band is currently in the studio to work on their upcoming 12th studio album. Depeche Mode are working with Ben Hillier as producer. The album has a tentative release date of Spring 2009.

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=35215_0_2_0_C
thanks for the info! I think I'll be going, but I'm not sure!

yeah, it just seems like Mart and Moz would get along so well. Both are vegetarians, sensitive, and unique (like you said). Also, they both seem to have quiet type personalities but are very outrageous in their own ways, and they are both brilliant writers. I think they could write some great songs together. We can dream right?:p

Its good to listen to a variety of music like you do. I have so many likes such as 80's new wave, music from the 50's and 60's, big band music, classical......i dont really know much about newer bands but if someone recommends a band I would give a listen. But really, the music I listen to most is DM, Moz, Smiths, and New Order.

You have a very cool mother! My mom is also a fan of MOZ and DM because of me lol We usually go to DM and Moz concerts together and we always have the best time ever. Im glad that I can share those experiences with her. Have you ever been to a concert with your mom?

Yes, I have been to the DM concert with her, and in a Cure concert I think it was in 2006 in London (yes, she took me from Greece to England just to see them: what can I say:rolleyes::D ). She's a huge DM and The Cure fan, so much that when she learned that The Cure had covered World In My Eyes from DM she screamed! From happiness, that's at least what my sister had told me! Crazy, isn't it?
I also believe that two geniuses like Marty and Moz would give us amazing songs! They're both shy, as I know, and sensitive. Plus, they were wearing almost the same clothes in the 90s, if you notice lol! Of course we can dream, and I hope this dream will be a reality!:)
Well, I listen to a lot of music, generally. A girl who I know had suggested me Tokio Hotel, and I gave them a listen. They're not bad at all, but their songs (like Monsoon) cannot really touch my soul, like, for example, Fascination Street from The Cure can, and Tokio Hotel, if you've ever seen them, at least from the outside they look a lot like The Cure. They can touch but they can't reach, even if I'm sure that they'd wish they could be half as emotional as The Cure or DM is! But I don't reject something unless I listen to it first.
:D:guitar:

October 6th is almost here! Im sure you know but there is going to be a live stream of the press conference.
From DMMB:
October 6th @ 12:30pm BST, October 5th @ 4:30am PST, October 5th @ 7:30am EST

October 6th is almost here! Im sure you know but there is going to be a live stream of the press conference.
From DMMB:
October 6th @ 12:30pm BST, October 5th @ 4:30am PST, October 5th @ 7:30am EST
I know that!!!!!! Go DM, go!:D

I loved them when I saw them live! I'll be sad to see them without my best friend, but I think I'll still be going!

Back
Top Bottom