The I hate iPods and regret buying the bloody thing thread

theneverplayedsymphony

The World's Forgotten Boy
They're bastards-those iPods!:mad: Why bother? Mine has deleted all the songs on it THREE BLOODY TIMES and now everytime I plug it in iTunes stops bloody working until I remove it again! Who's with me?

They're bastards-those iPods!:mad: Why bother? Mine has deleted all the songs on it THREE BLOODY TIMES and now everytime I plug it in iTunes stops bloody working until I remove it again! Who's with me?

I am! I believe in the good ol' Sony portable CD player and earphones. Haven't bought an Ipod and won't.

No, worse, a Dell laptop!

You should just format the iPod then. I think you can use Windows Explorer to do that... when you plug it in, go to Windows Explorer, then right-click the iPod and there should be an option to format.

Once formatted, open iTunes and click the Restore button, so it will reinstall the iPod software.

Hmm you wouldn't recommend them, then?
I've been thinking of buying one for a while, even more so now I have my daily treck to college. Hmmm.
I'm not keen on the new ones, though.

You should just format the iPod then. I think you can use Windows Explorer to do that... when you plug it in, go to Windows Explorer, then right-click the iPod and there should be an option to format.

Once formatted, open iTunes and click the Restore button, so it will reinstall the iPod software.

Ta!:D Very much! They're still annoying though!:p

I tried formatting, but the bloody computer shut itself down, saying something about dumping physical memory!:(

I couldn't manage without my ipod. Never had any major broblems with it. It's this shite-computer that gives me the creeps.

I own 160 GB of iPod goodness. I'd be miserable without it.

I've never had a problem with The Pod. iTunes, however, is another story. :mad:

I love my iPhone...
I love my iPod.

My 80gb iPod serves as the car stereo as well as an essential tool in my classroom.
When I wanted to show the 1950's "Duck and Cover" video as a source of the culture of the time in NYC I plugged the iPod into the TV. When I wanted the kids to hear Kennedy's Rice University speech on why we must go to the moon and Reagans speech honoring the rangers at the 40th anniversary of D-Day at Point du Hoc, my iPod served me well.

I love the blasted thing and consider it one the greatest technological life changing devices to emerge in the past ten years.

I love my iPhone...
I love my iPod.

My 80gb iPod serves as the car stereo as well as an essential tool in my classroom.
When I wanted to show the 1950's "Duck and Cover" video as a source of the culture of the time in NYC I plugged the iPod into the TV. When I wanted the kids to hear Kennedy's Rice University speech on why we must go to the moon and Reagans speech honoring the rangers at the 40th anniversary of D-Day at Point du Hoc, my iPod served me well.

I love the blasted thing and consider it one the greatest technological life changing devices to emerge in the past ten years.

Damn, when I was in HS the teacher had to check the shit out of the library on videocassette, or tape it from Cable in the Classroom. Times have changed. Now everything humans have ever done is accessible on the internet. I think I saw camera phone footage of Jeanne D'Arc's execution on YouTube the other day. I couldn't tell whether she had a walkman, or an iPod, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom