What did make you smile today?

My friend Craig got a 16gb usb memory stick for £2 off some woman and then found out the woman was some drug fuelled monster! He was a bit upset, but I said "where would you rather the money go to? a multi-billion pound company and the rest going to the lying goverment? Or to a drug fuelled monster".....The bargain made us happy though! :D

My friend Craig got a 16gb usb memory stick for £2 off some woman and then found out the woman was some drug fuelled monster! He was a bit upset, but I said "where would you rather the money go to? a multi-billion pound company and the rest going to the lying goverment? Or to a drug fuelled monster".....The bargain made us happy though! :D

Whoa, stop right there!

Buying a USB off someone like that may end in tears. It might be full of spyware and what not.

This song:

In conjunction with this taken Saturday at the Tower of Terror at Disneyland. I could see the tower from my hotel room, not all jumps are trans Atlantic. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thought of this.

So on Monday I checked out of a hotel where I was videoing this Greek Dance Festival for four days and one of the muckymucks that everyone stands for and kisses his ring all day long is the Metropolitan of the West Coast, Metropolitan Gerasimos or "Metro Jerry" as they call him. So he looks like this:

metjerry.jpg

He has a handler that follows him everywhere, he is never left alone. And I was staying on the 6th floor. The elevators were SO SLOW and packed with people with tons of luggage and huge instrument cases, so when one of the UP elevators stopped on the 6th floor while I was carrying all my bags I hopped on so that I could actually get on an elevator, all the DOWN elevators would stop but there was no room on them. So who was on the elevator going to the 14th floor? Metro Jerry and his handler. I got on and the handler said "We're going up you going up?" and I said "I just want to get on an elevator." while looking down and not making eye contact. I don't know what I'm supposed to do, kiss his ring? I was so nervous. So Metro Jerry turns to me and says "It is check out time." and gives me the biggest smile. :D I just smiled back, they got off on their floor at the top and I went back down stopping at almost every floor on the way. :p

I just thought of this.

So on Monday I checked out of a hotel where I was videoing this Greek Dance Festival for four days and one of the muckymucks that everyone stands for and kisses his ring all day long is the Metropolitan of the West Coast, Metropolitan Gerasimos or "Metro Jerry" as they call him. So he looks like this:

metjerry.jpg

He has a handler that follows him everywhere, he is never left alone. And I was staying on the 6th floor. The elevators were SO SLOW and packed with people with tons of luggage and huge instrument cases, so when one of the UP elevators stopped on the 6th floor while I was carrying all my bags I hopped on so that I could actually get on an elevator, all the DOWN elevators would stop but there was no room on them. So who was on the elevator going to the 14th floor? Metro Jerry and his handler. I got on and the handler said "We're going up you going up?" and I said "I just want to get on an elevator." while looking down and not making eye contact. I don't know what I'm supposed to do, kiss his ring? I was so nervous. So Metro Jerry turns to me and says "It is check out time." and gives me the biggest smile. :D I just smiled back, they got off on their floor at the top and I went back down stopping at almost every floor on the way. :p

He was only being polite, CG.Sheesh. :rolleyes:

He was only being polite, CG.Sheesh. :rolleyes:

It was exciting! Alone in an elevator with Metro Jerry. What can I say. :p

So the people I work for whose birds I'm cataloguing at the moment paid tens of thousands of dollars to go birding in Australia a few months ago. Justification for their trip? This lil guy:

r161367_591540.jpg

356203.jpg

The Noisy Scrub-bird. Atrichornis clamosus. Endemic to Australia, extremely rare, thought extinct and rediscovered in 1961. They only heard him in Waychinicup National Park but had multiple views at a place called Cheynes Beach. I kind of love that it's such a big deal for what otherwise seems like an average brown bird.

It was exciting! Alone in an elevator with Metro Jerry. What can I say. :p

So the people I work for whose birds I'm cataloguing at the moment paid tens of thousands of dollars to go birding in Australia a few months ago. Justification for their trip? This lil guy:

r161367_591540.jpg

356203.jpg

The Noisy Scrub-bird. Atrichornis clamosus. Endemic to Australia, extremely rare, thought extinct and rediscovered in 1961. They only heard him in Waychinicup National Park but had multiple views at a place called Cheynes Beach. I kind of love that it's such a big deal for what otherwise seems like an average brown bird.

You should check out the bower birds.They're from that part of the world.The males are quite drab,but they put on a great display.

You should check out the bower birds.They're from that part of the world.The males are quite drab,but they put on a great display.

Funny you should mention that, my last entry was the Western Bowerbird (Chlamydera [Ptilonorhynchus] guttatus) they saw at Alice Springs. A lifer for them allso, meaning it was the first time they saw it. He looks like he has a little purple hat on. :love:

western_bowerbird.jpg

imgp4929.jpg

Funny you should mention that, my last entry was the Western Bowerbird (Chlamydera [Ptilonorhynchus] guttatus) they saw at Alice Springs. A lifer for them allso, meaning it was the first time they saw it. He looks like he has a little purple hat on. :love:
western_bowerbird.jpg

imgp4929.jpg

I bet thats not the first time you've said that.

I bet thats not the first time you've said that.

Oh haha. No. But here's a really fun fact about the Western Bowerbird. I just talked to my boss who went there and found this photo she took on her computer. So I guess they love blue things and collect them and keep them at their nest. Bottle caps, straws, pieces of paper, has to be BLUE. Here's their nest she took a pic of:

6777976622_b480c9405f_z.jpg

Isn't that cool?

I think I've successfully caught the rat in the house! wheyy! that's made me happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that Germans hate the "Hitler is informed" videos, but I just saw one on youtube about Hitler going sick because of The Smiths breaking up....it fecken made me day! I exploded in laughter! :lbf:

March 7th is my Grandma and Grandpa's 65th Wedding Anniversary. Problem is they were married twice so they can't figure out if it's 65 or 66 years. THey fell in love and eloped in Arizona where minors could get married then, then they came back and had a proper wedding when all the family uproar wore off, but they can't remember which anniversary it is. :p I thought I'd get them a classic symbolic gift but I'm pretty sure blue sapphire is not in my budget. I think I'll draw a picture of a blue sapphire instead. :D

6800722248_1744b25fb8_z.jpg

March 7th is my Grandma and Grandpa's 65th Wedding Anniversary. Problem is they were married twice so they can't figure out if it's 65 or 66 years. THey fell in love and eloped in Arizona where minors could get married then, then they came back and had a proper wedding when all the family uproar wore off, but they can't remember which anniversary it is. :p I thought I'd get them a classic symbolic gift but I'm pretty sure blue sapphire is not in my budget. I think I'll draw a picture of a blue sapphire instead. :D

6800722248_1744b25fb8_z.jpg

Which one is which?

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom