What did make you smile today?

i saw the love of my life today. he was about 70. i never thought the love of my life would be so old or that a 70 year old could be so appealling. but there he was. he had shoulder length hair, naturally it was grey, parted down the side, and admirably thick, not scraggly or wispy at all. he himself was a bit wispy though, and i mean that in the best way. a slight effeminate thing, probably only about 5'6, but with such an imperial, impressively patrician air and firmness of outline as to afford him a respectability not generally seen in diminutive or, for that matter, old men. his features were small and angular, but strong--a profile hinting at superiority of genes was he blessed with--and the skin covering them remarkably taut; no sag at all, would you believe. he wore a gray tweed blazer, as he would, and his posture was remarkably good and his manner stoic, he was clearly not the fidgety type. all in all he gave the impression of the deepest refinement, an exquisite mixture of the genteel and the artistic, and neither in carriage of his person nor containment of his features did his physical self give the impression of ever once having strayed beyond it's borders that had been preassigned to it from the realm of ideal forms. he possessed himself completely, right up to the perimeter of his person and not a step beyond, while all around him seemed to swirl the warm perfumed winds of another world, fiercely enveloping him in a space of timelessness, in which he could not be touched by the ravages of age and decay, or by the vulgarity of the modern age. his presence brought to mind antiquated french country houses, floral prints like the kind seen on marni dresses circa 2003, alabaster statues, hedges shaped into sculptures, and people drinking cool refreshments in airy spaces (which is about as racy as my fantasies get). i dont know his name (how could i?) but he will always be lucien atwell to me. his wife on the other hand was a scrappy uptight lab rat looking thing, wholly belonging to her surroundings, and with lipstick much too red for her old spoiled lips (what was she thinking?), and i sincerely doubt if even in the bloom of youth she was ever half the charming creature her husband is today.

why is it that such people who seem to completely bewitch the space they take up are so rare? it seems unfair that there arent more of them; that we are, or at least i am, only ever given brief glimpses of them, maybe about once a year, and rarely do we ever know such people. such a shame. how much more enjoyable life would be if there were more people who could enchant the air all around them like that.

oh mr.atwell where have you gone to? why hast thou left me?

i saw the love of my life today. he was about 70. i never thought the love of my life would be so old or that a 70 year old could be so appealling. but there he was. he had shoulder length hair, naturally it was grey, parted down the side, and admirably thick, not scraggly or wispy at all. he himself was a bit wispy though, and i mean that in the best way. a slight effeminate thing, probably only about 5'6, but with such an imperial, impressively patrician air and firmness of outline as to afford him a respectability not generally seen in diminutive or, for that matter, old men. his features were small and angular, but strong--a profile hinting at superiority of genes was he blessed with--and the skin covering them remarkably taut; no sag at all, would you believe. he wore a gray tweed blazer, as he would, and his posture was remarkably good and his manner stoic, he was clearly not the fidgety type. all in all he gave the impression of the deepest refinement, an exquisite mixture of the genteel and the artistic, and neither in carriage of his person nor containment of his features did his physical self give the impression of ever once having strayed beyond it's borders that had been preassigned to it from the realm of ideal forms. he possessed himself completely, right up to the perimeter of his person and not a step beyond, while all around him seemed to swirl the warm perfumed winds of another world, fiercely enveloping him in a space of timelessness, in which he could not be touched by the ravages of age and decay, or by the vulgarity of the modern age. his presence brought to mind antiquated french country houses, floral prints like the kind seen on marni dresses circa 2003, alabaster statues, hedges shaped into sculptures, and people drinking cool refreshments in airy spaces (which is about as racy as my fantasies get). i dont know his name (how could i?) but he will always be lucien atwell to me. his wife on the other hand was a scrappy uptight lab rat looking thing, wholly belonging to her surroundings, and with lipstick much too red for her old spoiled lips (what was she thinking?), and i sincerely doubt if even in the bloom of youth she was ever half the charming creature her husband is today.

why is it that such people who seem to completely bewitch the space they take up are so rare? it seems unfair that there arent more of them; that we are, or at least i am, only ever given brief glimpses of them, maybe about once a year, and rarely do we ever know such people. such a shame. how much more enjoyable life would be if there were more people who could enchant the air all around them like that.

Jeez, don't ever meet me, your eye is too keen for me to be seen! Just half joking. I met a great American writer when he was 80yrs old, we connected on sight, you have sussed something.....

perhaps theyre all around us and we just need to increase our openness or ability to see them and make them welcome to reveal

Jeez, don't ever meet me, your eye is too keen for me to be seen! Just half joking. I met a great American writer when he was 80yrs old, we connected on sight, you have sussed something.....

well i did have the luxury of surreptiously eyeing him for about 10 mins, not without a little fascination, and during which time i affected as refined an air as i was capable, in the hopes of impressing him (alas, he was unmoved. clearly not impressed by my fraudulent airs).
i wish i could meet a great american writer! anyone we might have heard of?

perhaps theyre all around us and we just need to increase our openness or ability to see them and make them welcome to reveal

i have no faith. the thing with people like this is that you dont have to be aware to discover their magic, they make you aware, it hits you out of nowhere. they are not so much people as they remembrances of something long forgotten, some sense of nostalgia for something one has never known, like they carry with them some hint of some other more perfect world.

i have no faith. the thing with people like this is that you dont have to be aware to discover their magic, they make you aware, it hits you out of nowhere. they are not so much people as they remembrances of something long forgotten, some sense of nostalgia for something one has never known, like they carry with them some hint of some other more perfect world.

perhaps though i would say its still hard to know an unknown unknown for sure and that ive never know truth or have been possessed of much faith. as to knowledge; all i know is that i dont know, all i know is that i dont know nothin

sweet, theodysseyonline.com yesterday had an article about the ten best things about annapolis and ice cream was number ten and showed a pic of downtown and our store. cool

So why did ted Cruz make fiorna his VP when he hasn't even WOn the nomination and probably wont. I mean she lost pretty badly in this primary pretty quickly. I mean this isnt the general election where he's trying to attract independents who won't vote for a straight conservative ticket this is the same people who already gave her almost no votes. If its just because shes a woman then they should look at the palin debacle and learn from that

So why did ted Cruz make fiorna his VP when he hasn't even WOn the nomination and probably wont. I mean she lost pretty badly in this primary pretty quickly. I mean this isnt the general election where he's trying to attract independents who won't vote for a straight conservative ticket this is the same people who already gave her almost no votes. If its just because shes a woman then they should look at the palin debacle and learn from that

and then she makes matters worse by telling people, the same people that didnt vote for either her or ted, that the majority of republicans dont want trump. i hope no one gave her this advice as they should be fired

I told my 8 year old son to help me pull weeds in the garden. 10 minutes into it, he says: mom this is really hard work......Well at least it's not the prison camp in North Korea. I am actually amazed he knows so much about North Korea. He thinks it's the hell hole.

ew children. why do they have to be so lame?

i love mine. we were just dancing together to that new aesop rock album today. give me goosebumps watching him laugh and squeal. for sure trying to make up for my own childhood but its a great feeling

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom