What did make you smile today?

Get Ferdinand the Bull by Munro for your baby's library.

ill check it out as books are very very important to me. the little prince will be there as will daulaires greek myths (my fav as a child) and grims tales also. the giving tree, goodnight moon etc. rachel and her two other siblings have a tat that when they press together makes the cover of the giving tree which we all love. think im gonna get gaimens oyster bot as well. the ginger bread man as well

ill check it out as books are very very important to me. the little prince will be there as will daulaires greek myths (my fav as a child) and grims tales also. the giving tree, goodnight moon etc. rachel and her two other siblings have a tat that when they press together makes the cover of the giving tree which we all love. think im gonna get gaimens oyster bot as well. the ginger bread man as well

Get J. Otto Siebold's books. Mr. Lunch and Olive, etc.. He paved the way for modern strokeless digital illustration yet never got a Caldecott.

There's so many classics it'll blow your mind. I supervised the Children's Department of a Barnes & Noble for three years.

Get J. Otto Siebold's books. Mr. Lunch and Olive, etc.. He paved the way for modern strokeless digital illustration yet never got a Caldecott.

There's so many classics it'll blow your mind. I supervised the Children's Department of a Barnes & Noble for three years.

cool ill of course have to check them out first as the only ones i know are olive i think. i was a shelver at b&b for about five all together while in college and it was my most loved job i think as it was just filled with stupidly educated people all sick of there lives in finance. i hope to write a bunch of stories with my kid to put on the shelf next to there real books with me doing the illustration for them.

hmm what else made me smile today. i bought sex criminals vol 2 which im very excited to read as it seems he never going to do another satellite sam. also bought the over sized deluxe version of millers ronin today and am super excited about that. one of the first graphic novels i believe with no narration boxes or any inner narrative at all. wish that dude who read graphic novels was still around. i liked his bikes license plate and his book on the smiths was fun. i think that was when the first time crystal spoke to me asking us what the hell we were talking about which was also kinda funny

i smiled at sex criminals today and its success. had no idea it was doing so well. an eisner award and a harvey and apparently a new york times best seller. sweet

In college one of our assignments was literally to randomly open the business section of the phonebook and point to a name and redo their logo. I got Mudco. :straightface: So I did up these logos and got an A and after the assignment I drove to Mudco (they made sidewalks and driveways, it's a trowel) and asked them if they wanted to have my designs since I wasn't going to do anything with them and they looked at me like I was nuts. :p "Why would we change the old one? It works fine."

Welcome to the wonderful world of freelance graphic design, Amie. :rofl:

16995045825_f229cf725f_b.jpg

My friend does this, drives me nuts.

10930924_799563810136184_5972593502273370388_n.jpg

A friend of my boyfriend's is getting a puppy next week and she's asked me to dog-sit some days when she's at work, as I'm not working at the moment. She showed me some pictures of him last night and he's a gorgeous brown and white Siberian Husky. Apparently Huskies can be a bit of a handful due to their energy levels but I've done my research on the temperament and I'm really looking forward to meeting him. :)

sunshine raindrops it finally feeling like a spring day outside my mood going up like hot air sriracha goodness

This morning when I went outside to water the plants I couldn't do it because there were plastic eggs hidden everywhere. :p

I'd forgotten how busy I was the past year renting to families with kids egg-finding-age. :D

My dad used to hide them around the house. My first five years were in Lancaster, Pennsylvania where it was often still snowy perhaps? The tradition stuck when we moved to California and all my Easters were indoors. I gotta go hide eggs now for my bosses grandkids.

Anyway. Happy Easter everyone!

I think "Hooray for Hollywood!" is code for "I just got laid!" :p

I was at this show. It was a bizarre evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last few days my neighbor's 3-yr-old daughter has been coloring pictures and giving them to me or leaving them on my door. It's become a ritual and the last few days it's been these shitty ball point pen lines scribbled on ripped paper and my thought was "WTF am I supposed to do with this?"

11080988_800873963338502_1603601585986879393_n.jpg

The Fat Jew is hilare.

I've been "following" this on the God Channel I "read" and it's working. McDonalds is quietly undoing itself.

These billboards are all over Los Angeles now.

mcdonalds-beefetarian.jpg

One of my tenants just texted me this. :p It's a different world than it was five years ago. I love it. This cut down on a half hour of phone tag/stumbled explanation/frustration. (Also she gave me permission to show this to make this post.)

Veronica Mars, be still my heart. :sweet:

We don't hate it when our friends become successful. :D

My friend is the co-founder of this business. He and his wife used to sleep on the couch of my other friend's apartment when they first moved to California. I'd drop by for movie night and sit on the floor so I wasn't taking up their bed space. Now he has more money than he knows what to do with because he had a dream and made it happen. And money isn't the point, just putting into perspective never to give up. This is a promo video to entertain other creative minds to become part of the team.

We don't hate it when our friends become successful. :D

My friend is the co-founder of this business. He and his wife used to sleep on the couch of my other friend's apartment when they first moved to California. I'd drop by for movie night and sit on the floor so I wasn't taking up their bed space. Now he has more money than he knows what to do with because he had a dream and made it happen. And money isn't the point, just putting into perspective never to give up. This is a promo video to entertain other creative minds to become part of the team.

sweet and i do as well. congrats to both

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom