What did make you smile today?

Yep. I totally agree...

I always think of that scene in Six Feet Under when Brenda is giving a guy a massage (in her amazing california million dollar bungalow that her character would never be able to afford) and the guy pops a bone and she has the moment where she thinks WTH and she just helps him, but at that moment she crosses the line from masseur to whore and has an episode and a half worth of angst over it. Granted it's just coffee, but I see your point. I was drunk and had empathy for the poor schlub who worked up the nerve to ask you out. I am a sucker for a nervous boy, they melt my heart.

I always think of that scene in Six Feet Under when Brenda is giving a guy a massage (in her amazing california million dollar bungalow that her character would never be able to afford) and the guy pops a bone and she has the moment where she thinks WTH and she just helps him, but at that moment she crosses the line from masseur to whore and has an episode and a half worth of angst over it. Granted it's just coffee, but I see your point. I was drunk and had empathy for the poor schlub who worked up the nerve to ask you out. I am a sucker for a nervous boy, they melt my heart.

Hmm...never seen that show. I'm an Esthetician, so I don't do body work, just slap the face around a bit. I just told him I had a boyfriend (though I don't), so he understood. Don't feel bad for him :)

Long set up here but it's Morrissey related. In 1990 my first boyfriend listened to rap. I listened to Morrissey, in fact I was a bit obsessed at the time. So he starts to listen to him and takes the obsession to a new level. Long story short, we break up and a week after breaking up he wins tickets to meet Morrisseyy at a KROQ signing where he asked him when he was going to move to LA. He doesn't take me, he takes the new girl he's trying to impress. I am so devastated my eyes swell shut from crying. So a bit down the line they break up, we become friends again, Morrissey annouces a show at the Starlight Pavilion in San Diego, it's agreed that he would drive me to the show as I only had a learner's permit at the time. So the day before the show, to get back at him, I announce that I've asked his best friend to drive me instead. :D (They were good seats too, he was really looking forward to it.) This boy I had zero interest in other than upsetting Adam, he was a really smart kid who I felt was taking me out of pity but we had a nice time. This video is of his kid solving a Rubik's Cube in under a minute. The swig of chocolate milk at the end is the best part while the other kid struggles. :D JUST like his dad, smart, calm, collected.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=875104112545662&pnref=story

Long set up here but it's Morrissey related. In 1990 my first boyfriend listened to rap. I listened to Morrissey, in fact I was a bit obsessed at the time. So he starts to listen to him and takes the obsession to a new level. Long story short, we break up and a week after breaking up he wins tickets to meet Morrisseyy at a KROQ signing where he asked him when he was going to move to LA. He doesn't take me, he takes the new girl he's trying to impress. I am so devastated my eyes swell shut from crying. So a bit down the line they break up, we become friends again, Morrissey annouces a show at the Starlight Pavilion in San Diego, it's agreed that he would drive me to the show as I only had a learner's permit at the time. So the day before the show, to get back at him, I announce that I've asked his best friend to drive me instead. :D (They were good seats too, he was really looking forward to it.) This boy I had zero interest in other than upsetting Adam, he was a really smart kid who I felt was taking me out of pity but we had a nice time. This video is of his kid solving a Rubik's Cube in under a minute. The swig of chocolate milk at the end is the best part while the other kid struggles. :D JUST like his dad, smart, calm, collected.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=875104112545662&pnref=story

theres a trick to it from the way theyre built. the center cube on any side is the permanent color of that side and after that its just a hand movement pattern. my cousin taught me how to do it when i was a kid and he was a teen. you can however win some money at the bar especially when theyre drunk and youre not

theres a trick to it from the way theyre built. the center cube on any side is the permanent color of that side and after that its just a hand movement pattern. my cousin taught me how to do it when i was a kid and he was a teen. you can however win some money at the bar especially when theyre drunk and youre not

Yeah I figured it out when I was a kid and dazzled my friends.

Noah's had Leonard Nimoy at the studio a few times, I'd forgotten. He said he used to tell dirty jokes and was quite the gentleman.

11022603_803903449647266_7663101061468252891_n.jpg

Noah's had Leonard Nimoy at the studio a few times, I'd forgotten. He said he used to tell dirty jokes and was quite the gentleman.

11022603_803903449647266_7663101061468252891_n.jpg

yeah the cube has to be built some way though people never seem to try and go at it that way. its like when people just watch movies instead of looking at them from the perspective of trying to make them and how the team is trying to make it.

nimoy is of course an icon from star trek but i also remember his song about hobbits which was especially cool and funny and i also remember his role in the simpsons episode monorail (one of the best). hes got a very awesome voice and its no surprise he could be found in a studio doing some voice work. good for him though as i imagine that a neat meeting

8cf092ed2e7c57adbd2d6f6693c038b9dfbef0.jpg

I like to think Bob's Burgers Season 3, episode 8 accurately describes the nature of the Morrissey/Young relationship. :D

good god that show is fantastic. so good. funny episode as well. i like like it

It's getting better too. I love that most the cutting humor is hidden in the background banter.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's getting better too. I love that most the cutting humor is hidden in the background banter.

very true and also, just like in home movies, a lot of the good humor can be silent and in the animation itself. brendon talks a lot about this in the comments section of the dvd box sets of home movies. i almost feel like he needs to make a silent cameo where he just shows up int he background and shrugs while walking off screen. malcome in the middle is kinda like this. dialog is sometimes dryly funny and clever but the humor and genius of the show is all inferred in its breaking of almost all traditional tv tropes. its also sometimes directed and structured in ways that are really clever and inventive but again its all inferred

also nice car rob or gordon or whomever. i dont know hardly anything about cars but it looks almost like a crossfire

also nice car rob or gordon or whomever. i dont know hardly anything about cars but it looks almost like a crossfire

That's my brother's Audi A7. I deleted the pic bc I forgot to fuzz out the names.

Last edited:
I'm agonizing over which of these two great candidates to allow in my complex when suddenly someone gives notice (to move to orange county) in the same exact floor plan, which means they BOTH get to move in. :rock:

16504567107_9414501ca9_o.png

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom