What did make you smile today?

Ta very much :D

tumblr_mi6e78uto61qepf8yo1_500.gif

So Coke wastes months and months and millions of dollars on R&D, creates and produces new packaging, holds focus groups, spends huge sums on advertising, risks the long held brand acceptance and reputation of the company on a chance they might gain market share (probably short term market share at that) in the second phase of operation 'let's-f***-with-our-customer-base-for-a-laff'?

The revival of Classic Coke is a not even clever strategy in turning lemons into lemonade once the colossal error in judgement had occurred. Or as I would like to think, not so much lemon into lemonade but turning Coke into Pepsi*. It worked because people are creatures of habit and hate change. Not to mention, we all have been brainwashed by our culture to romance our past. It was short sighted of them not to realise that.

But I imagine they could have put New Coke in an old Coke bottle and sales still would have risen. People are stupid and easily fooled into believing what they want to see because it fits neatly into their world view.

And for more information, here is a great link http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/newcoke.asp

* Pepsi ftw btw

PS If you really want to see a nasty industry with little scruples look no further than the beauty industry.

I think you're giving Coke too much credit. So they lose a few dollar in advertising... creating national headlines (free) and a class of people loyal to the original is priceless.

The beauty industry is a mess. I agree.

And this thought needs to be introduced to solomon's temple:

397944_601787699831275_768704188_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think you're giving Coke too much credit. So they lose a few dollar in advertising... creating national headlines (free) and a class of people loyal to the original is priceless.

On the contrary, I give them very little credit indeed. The conspiracy implies that a company run by people becomes infallible once it reaches a certain size.

From that link I posted

"It's inconceivable to us mere mortals that a company of the size and scope of Coca-Cola could make a mistake on the scale of the one it made in 1985. Although company officials have been honest (albeit a bit redfaced) about the blunder all along, the legend has arisen that New Coke was nothing more that a throwaway product created as part of a greater plan. People refused to believe any decision that colossally disastrous (and ultimately that colossally fortuitous) could have been the mere result of a very human miscalculation.

And yet it was. It was also a very logical — indeed, reasonable — mistake to make."

Last edited:
Pretty much.

942696_543508575697051_2139324113_n.jpg

7-New-Breeds-Of-Douchebag.jpg

306890_585194508165115_730600508_n.jpg

I love people who love life.

[video]http://www.wimp.com/pumpcastnews/[/video]

I love people who love life.

[video]http://www.wimp.com/pumpcastnews/[/video]

These are definitely shills who love life. :D The giveaway is when the wife ducked out of the camera shot in order to get the third lady who was technically the "unscripted" part who was asking what was going on. For no reason she ducked and started to go to the other side of the pump so as not to stand in the way of anything cool that might be caught, then she took her place again for her bit. Hollywood will stop at nothing to make you think they are presenting the freshest, funnest faces on their network. Totally fake.

I'm not really following this particular meme drama because it's impossible to tell who hacked who because everyone involved is a liar, but I thought this comment was funny. They forgot the "dahn dahn" part. Lol

415.jpg

:p

what_if_snape_survived._9541613571.jpg

Room 5:

h2607CD19

"Frequent Masturbation -- 7 times a week or more -- greatly reduces a man’s chances of developing prostate cancer."

Whew. :sweet:

Even my friend's smartphone is wondering if I'm sane. I'm totally sane and normal, guys! Lol.

8764590968_597d5c6201_z.jpg

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom