What did make you smile today?

royhayley.jpg

I was only joking. Death threats are a bit much...

March 7th is my Grandma and Grandpa's 65th Wedding Anniversary. Problem is they were married twice so they can't figure out if it's 65 or 66 years. THey fell in love and eloped in Arizona where minors could get married then, then they came back and had a proper wedding when all the family uproar wore off, but they can't remember which anniversary it is. :p I thought I'd get them a classic symbolic gift but I'm pretty sure blue sapphire is not in my budget. I think I'll draw a picture of a blue sapphire instead. :D

6800722248_1744b25fb8_z.jpg

Old people are funny.My grandma wasnt keen on my dad and he loved to wind her up about it.She preferred my ma's first hubby-she said my dad wasn't fit to lace his boots and referred to him as "that Scotch bastard":D

Old people are funny.My grandma wasnt keen on my dad and he loved to wind her up about it.She preferred my ma's first hubby-she said my dad wasn't fit to lace his boots and referred to him as "that Scotch bastard":D

Did you correct her on her poor choice of language. Pretty sure Scotch refers only to the drink. The people, scum as they are, are called Scottish. Or Addicts.

Look it's my mom! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hotel Morrissey

I smiled yesterday when I had a slumber party thing with my mom and little sister for my sister's birthday which is later this month. We played Life, did mad libs, watched Little House on the Prairie and Legally Blonde. Oh, and I painted my nails "Gone Gonzo" blue. It was fun. :)

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday,a little old guy called Jack,he was 75 the last time I asked him.He's a bit touchy-feely if you get my drift,always trying it on.I told him he was a bit too old for me and he replied "Billy,the older the wine,the sweeter the taste"

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday,a little old guy called Jack,he was 75 the last time I asked him.He's a bit touchy-feely if you get my drift,always trying it on.I told him he was a bit too old for me and he replied "Billy,the older the wine,the sweeter the taste"

Awwwwwww, give the old coot a thrill he'd never forget. :p

Hmm.I suppose if he took his teeth out and I closed my eyes....

Okay maybe not.

:rofl: Can I nominate this for hilarious post of the month?

So today I took a stroll around downtown LA and either the city/my subconscious/God or my other half made a funny joke that I'll sum up in English instead of detailing the boring pieces that got to the punchline. As I walked around taking in the old skyscrapers and city life, I thought, "Something about this is very familiar. I could totally see myself living in the city." THen I did that thing I always do where I peek into windows of apartments (even though they were real high up)and imagine living in them. How I'd get the groceries up the elevator, where's I'd park, the logistics of walking the dog, if the lady at the corner market would come to know me and have my order ready...stupid dreamy stuff. Then at dinner the busboy kept laughing and smirking as I sat there reading my book while eating dinner. Then I read a portion where one of the characters couldn't go hunting because he was too loud.

THen I got it. I could never live in a condo. Lol. It was funny.

So today I took a stroll around downtown LA and either the city/my subconscious/God or my other half made a funny joke that I'll sum up in English instead of detailing the boring pieces that got to the punchline. As I walked around taking in the old skyscrapers and city life, I thought, "Something about this is very familiar. I could totally see myself living in the city." THen I did that thing I always do where I peek into windows of apartments (even though they were real high up)and imagine living in them. How I'd get the groceries up the elevator, where's I'd park, the logistics of walking the dog, if the lady at the corner market would come to know me and have my order ready...stupid dreamy stuff. Then at dinner the busboy kept laughing and smirking as I sat there reading my book while eating dinner. Then I read a portion where one of the characters couldn't go hunting because he was too loud.

THen I got it. I could never live in a condo. Lol. It was funny.

What's a busboy?

What's a busboy?

The star at the end of the VERY long one-take shot of the opening sequence of Boogie Nights. :D (3:41 if you are cinematically impatient, but it is a cool shot, the camera man started on a crane in the street as it sweeps around and had to step off and walk into the club where everyone took their cues perfectly. Incidentally God's really good at that all the time if you're reading him. :p)

Last edited by a moderator:

So I'm sitting in this little theater in LA waiting for a gig to start and the theater people have corraled us all into this little bar area to wait while a play finishes or something. Anyway, they've projected a ginormous screen onto the wall of the Final Four college basketball tournament. It's all a bunch of hoity toity hipsters. I've never seen a group of people so disinterested in this ginormous sports tournament madly going on in front of them. It's kind of like an artwork in itself. I feel like I'm at a happening and the theme is incompatible cultures. :p

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom