What did make you smile today?

I know I shouldn't have laughed but couldn't stop myself.

A man phones his local model shop and Airfix stockist and asks "Do you have any models of Italian Cruise liners?"

The shop owner replies "Yes, we have just the one left".

The man says "Good. Can you put it on one side for me !!!

I like your humour :lbf:

I guess the principal of "corpsing" is when you ad lib in front of a live camera, I think it's probably a fantastic vehicle for greatness, even though I hate great. But this is interesting. And funny.

After this I gotta get out of the house, it's like 90 here today and beyond beautiful and I'm zombie scanning youtube to set shit straight. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
This was on an snl rerun last night. Kind of hilarious. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I had two meals out today! One with my family and another with my best friends! Quite a good day overall! :)

funny-pictures-hey-bob-there-are-other-trees-u-know.jpg

rsz_1h10.jpg

ahh good ole chats with my good ole friend Koen. How he makes me laugh sometimes....

Two lovers entwined passed me by, and heaven knows i'm miserable now...

Was leaving work yesterday in my car when I stopped at a cross walk to let a young mother holding her child in her arms cross the street

it was cold outside and the woman was holding the boy tight to keep him warm from the chill, as though both of their lives depended on it.

This made me smile because it was one of the most beautiful things I've seen in some time

It also made me very sad because this woman works in an office down the hall from mine and we've been making eyes at each other in passing. I was legitimate in my affection, not just in a "I'd like to sleep with you" attraction kind of way. She is not married but up until yesterday I'd had no idea who she was or that she had a child, which implies a difficult past, which is most likely more trouble than I can reasonably bear and thus voids any chance of me winding up with this woman

in the end, I'm just glad she cares so deeply about her child, which is obvious just from watching her walk across the street with him.

Re: Two lovers entwined passed me by, and heaven knows i'm miserable now...

Was leaving work yesterday in my car when I stopped at a cross walk to let a young mother holding her child in her arms cross the street

it was cold outside and the woman was holding the boy tight to keep him warm from the chill, as though both of their lives depended on it.

This made me smile because it was one of the most beautiful things I've seen in some time

It also made me very sad because this woman works in an office down the hall from mine and we've been making eyes at each other in passing. I was legitimate in my affection, not just in a "I'd like to sleep with you" attraction kind of way. She is not married but up until yesterday I'd had no idea who she was or that she had a child, which implies a difficult past, which is most likely more trouble than I can reasonably bear and thus voids any chance of me winding up with this woman

in the end, I'm just glad she cares so deeply about her child, which is obvious just from watching her walk across the street with him.
e o
Hey TSM, None of my beeswax, but don't write her off yet. Being a Single mother does not necessarily make her a victim. It could be the opposite. Maybe she has chosen this way of life, maybe she had the courage to ditch a useless partner. I think single mothers suffer from a lot of discrimination because people make exactly the judgment you have here. I think you should still go for it.
Pardon me butting into your private business mate.

No worries, not private business when I'm posting it publicly in the forums

maybe you are right. I'm not discriminating her so much as I am myself in this instance though. I'm definitely not father-figure material or looking to shoulder that kind of responsibility

Awwww. I love this post.

Today being reunited with the band was a good day :) very happy, even if it was a little awkward.

How does being unmarried and having a child imply a difficult past? And most parents do care deeply for their children.

How does being unmarried and having a child imply a difficult past? And most parents do care deeply for their children.

Unfit parents is the root to all evil in our society today and single mums are always bad examples as human beings. I pay tax money to fund these horny shedevils dragging their fooking kids about in a trolley. I suggest that the government starts a sterilisation programme for some people after they have gone through extensive mental tests.

It is a sad fact that few people are good parents and it is easier than some think to get them taken away by the social. People think it is a right to have kids and talk about it as if it is the same as getting a dvd or a drivers license.

There should be a license for having kids as well.

How does being unmarried and having a child imply a difficult past?

I have this thing when I start or even consider dating a woman:

we leave the past in the past, no questions asked. Unless it's on some need-to-know basis, like there's going to be some psycho ex of hers coming after both of us

having a child from a previous relationship is a HUGE part of her past affecting our present relationship, if ever such a thing were to occur.

OR maybe it's just a case of me being selfish. I think the final song on Strangeways said it the best

And most parents do care deeply for their children.

That's reassuring

because I come from a country where everyday you read the news about a mother dumping her kid in a landfill, or some prick murdering his entire family - kids and all - over something comletely unreasonable.

That doesn't make me smile

knowing that it's not going to happen with a woman I had an attraction to on a superficial level, but also knowing she cares very deeply about her child...that makes me smile. I'm okay by myself. She'll find someone in time who is better suited for such a role

6858658537_3fe64832e2_z.jpg

So my neighbors who moved in just before Christmas have a daughter who has Down's Syndrome, I think she's the artistic director for their garden gnomes (It's a popular thing in mobile home parks.) Anyway, I was loving the tricycle being ridden by the flower she put out when they first moved in, and I think the angel lounging longlingly on the orb was there from the start too, but in the last couple days she's added the dog band. :p I love that stuff. God's funny.

I know this could be in the latest film I seen.
But after watching the Iron Lady I couldn't stop myself smiling.
If the film is anywhere near the truth.
She has finally turned into what I always thought she was.
A twisted and demented old bat.
I can't wait for her death,I'll do more than smile then.

Streep was excellent by the way and deserved her BAFTA for best actress.

The first fans getting their tickets in Brazil and Argentina. :)

espaodasamericas-10-02-2012a-1.jpg

tix-argentina.jpg

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom