What did make you smile today?

:D
6323107097_25b9c22d65.jpg

I hid that in some artwork someone commissioned. It's under the chair. It's the little things that get me through the day. :p

6323663402_629a600c30.jpg

Last edited:
I almost ran into one of my teachers this morning (literally) and he told me that he gave me an A in his class because I'm a natural. The fact that he went out of his way to tell me this at 7 o'clock in the morning (when I don't even have his class today) made me happy. I needed some encouragement today.

That constant rumble is the two cars idling. Feeling the most powerful cars on earth accelerate a distance of 1000 feet in under 4 seconds is more exhillerating than can be described, you feel it in every cell of your body. LOVE IT!!!!!!! I was too cheap to get a ticket, I just felt one race from the parking lot across the street. :D

This is what's going on on the other side of the fence in case anyone cares. In this case the car closer to the camera "spun his tires" and couldn't get traction to race, he stepped on the gas too fast, it's a common malady...but the other car broke a record that day. They are able to achieve such crazy powerful combustion because they are using nitro for fuel, it's literally rocket fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister just called me to ask why Facebook alerted her that I'm engaged before I did. She said she can't wait to wear a pink halter top dress to my wedding. I blushed more than I smiled, but I smiled nonetheless.

My sister just called me to ask why Facebook alerted her that I'm engaged before I did. She said she can't wait to wear a pink halter top dress to my wedding. I blushed more than I smiled, but I smiled nonetheless.

Congratulations, me dear!

That Morrissey's World has, at last, imploded. Imposter bastard has FINALLY admitted defeat. It all feels soooo good!!! There was no way Morrissey could be that idiotic & boring. I could not be more happy with the outcome!!!

When's the big day? Did he give you a ring and everything? Like a real ring all sparkly and diamonds and stuff?

breaking up a heated argument in Ikea this morning.

Details. plz kthx. :D

Details....well a customer was in the 'card payment only' checkout, when it was time to pay she pulled out some cash. She was then informed of it being a card only lane and she said "why aren't there any signs, apart from that big red one which I can't see". I was thinking how can you point out something you are saying you can't see. The cashier was acting nice and said "yes, we have that big, red sign plus these ones lower down". From here, it was all sounding like a polite conversation when the customer just started freaking out and saying she wanted to make a complaint to the manager. So she was changing her version of events and throwing her arms around. I told her to"cool it" and got inbetween them both, she was pointing her fingers and saying the cashier told her to "go for her life".....anyway, it was just odd how a polite conversation escalated to one person having a complete freak out :lbf:

Details....well a customer was in the 'card payment only' checkout, when it was time to pay she pulled out some cash. She was then informed of it being a card only lane and she said "why aren't there any signs, apart from that big red one which I can't see". I was thinking how can you point out something you are saying you can't see. The cashier was acting nice and said "yes, we have that big, red sign plus these ones lower down". From here, it was all sounding like a polite conversation when the customer just started freaking out and saying she wanted to make a complaint to the manager. So she was changing her version of events and throwing her arms around. I told her to"cool it" and got inbetween them both, she was pointing her fingers and saying the cashier told her to "go for her life".....anyway, it was just odd how a polite conversation escalated to one person having a complete freak out :lbf:

Hmmmm. Sounds rivetting. I was reading an article by a columnist who thought a fellow columnist crossed the line reporting an argument he heard a couple having in a burger king one night. I mean they were screaming and yelling so that everyone couldn't NOT hear the whole thing, it was completely domestic stuff too, but the point where he crossed the line is that he took a photo of them and tweeted it to accompany his relaying the events. The article touched on the freedom of speech and whether one has the right to air another person's private affairs. They do it to famous people all the time, I don't see why if a person is making a spectacle of themself it can't be documented. Then part of me thinks it's wrong. And part of me just LOVES the juicy gossip. :D

Hey what part of Australia are you from? The people I'm housesitting for are there now bird watching. Today they are in the Albany area to Cheynes Beach hoping to spot the most difficult bird of their trip, the "shy and quite rare Noisy Scrub-bird, thought to be extinct until it was discovered in 1961." I have their itinerary, although I wonder how accurate it is since your November 11th is our November 12th, or the other way around. :squiffy:

My sleepy sunbather made me smile. :)

6335655750_f13e3e6b13.jpg

He's thinking "Whut mom? I was jus sleepin."

6334909887_98ae8ff114.jpg

Hmmmm. Sounds rivetting. I was reading an article by a columnist who thought a fellow columnist crossed the line reporting an argument he heard a couple having in a burger king one night. I mean they were screaming and yelling so that everyone couldn't NOT hear the whole thing, it was completely domestic stuff too, but the point where he crossed the line is that he took a photo of them and tweeted it to accompany his relaying the events. The article touched on the freedom of speech and whether one has the right to air another person's private affairs. They do it to famous people all the time, I don't see why if a person is making a spectacle of themself it can't be documented. Then part of me thinks it's wrong. And part of me just LOVES the juicy gossip. :D

Hey what part of Australia are you from? The people I'm housesitting for are there now bird watching. Today they are in the Albany area to Cheynes Beach hoping to spot the most difficult bird of their trip, the "shy and quite rare Noisy Scrub-bird, thought to be extinct until it was discovered in 1961." I have their itinerary, although I wonder how accurate it is since your November 11th is our November 12th, or the other way around. :squiffy:

Yes, I probably couldn't get across how odd it was at the time. Usually I just stand by and watch but I felt happy that I could get in there and tell the lady she was out of order!

I'm from Adelaide, so the State next to Western Australia - I've never been there though because it's so far away - might as well be another country. Your 11th is our 12th.

Yes, I probably couldn't get across how odd it was at the time. Usually I just stand by and watch but I felt happy that I could get in there and tell the lady she was out of order!

I'm from Adelaide, so the State next to Western Australia - I've never been there though because it's so far away - might as well be another country. Your 11th is our 12th.

It looks like they started at "the Alice" which looks to be due north of you and headed west and then down the coast. Your country is ginormous! There's at least four flights in the middle of their trip!

It looks like they started at "the Alice" which looks to be due north of you and headed west and then down the coast. Your country is ginormous! There's at least four flights in the middle of their trip!

True, it is huge. I've heard of people who plan to drive between States and then quickly change their mind when they work out how far it really is. I grew up in 'the Alice'.

True, it is huge. I've heard of people who plan to drive between States and then quickly change their mind when they work out how far it really is. I grew up in 'the Alice'.

Well then, you must be familiar with the Dusky Grasswren, the Rufous-crowned Emuwren and the Spinifexbird. They spent the entirety of November 3 in the mulga country looking for the Gray Honeyeater, the "least glamourous but most difficult honeyeater species." :p

Well then, you must be familiar with the Dusky Grasswren, the Rufous-crowned Emuwren and the Spinifexbird. They spent the entirety of November 3 in the mulga country looking for the Gray Honeyeater, the "least glamourous but most difficult honeyeater species." :p

Sorry, can't say that I am familiar with those birds :o I know the magpie, kookaburra and types of parrots are the most common in my backyard. I'm quite afraid of birds so I tend to avoid them as much as possible. We have these little brown ones (sorry for my 'technical' description there) that swoop incessantly at my dog when I talk her for a walk.

Sorry, can't say that I am familiar with those birds :o I know the magpie, kookaburra and types of parrots are the most common in my backyard. I'm quite afraid of birds so I tend to avoid them as much as possible. We have these little brown ones (sorry for my 'technical' description there) that swoop incessantly at my dog when I talk her for a walk.

The birding community calls those BBJ's. Basic Brown Jobs. It's the name for a little brown bird that is identified by the region it's in or some mostly insignificant feature such as a very detailed beak shape or it's plumage when displaying three months out of the year.

I downloaded, signed, scanned, uploaded and emailed back my signed contract for employment, which will start December 5th, finally my joblessness shall soon come to an end, amen :)

Ixnay on the axingway. Picky pigeon's into the natural look. :p

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom