A REM question

everydayslikesunday

Whilst chatting to a dealer at a record fair, he showed my four REM albums that he reckons are 'first pressings'? They all came in a cardboard sleeve that had a round window in the front and had yellow and black striping. As they were all sealed, I couldn't open them, but I got the impression they were proper 'pressed cds' and not cd-rs (but I may be wrong). The prices were around the £50-£75 mark.

Does anyone know exactly what they are? Yes I know a photo would have been handy, but I haven't got a camera phone.

Do you know what albums they were or were they singles? I have a lot of R.E.M. collector items and I don't think I have ever heard of that one.

Hi Comagirl,

Unfortunately, I was more interested in the Mozza promo's he had and wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying. Although I'm fairly sure one of them was 'In Time - best of', and there was at least three other different albums (I think?). But they appeared to all have the same packaging. When I see him next, I shall enqire some more.

I'm only interested as I thought afterwards, that if they are relatively rare, then I'll buy them for my wife and wanted to find out more about them from impartial sources before handing over my hard earned cash.

Quick update,

Some one has sent me this:

"This is one of the very rare Watermarked promo CDs, each CD is housed in a sealed custom bright yellow card sleeve. Each disc is numbered and personalised to various media people . These sets are VERY hard to find, especially still sealed."

This is sounds like the one's I saw.

Back
Top Bottom