Morrissey comment on TTY about the Hollywood Bowl DVD!

it is better than warners orginal cover idea.:p

mozcover.jpg

OMG what font is that? I love it.

Morrissey wants you to buy the DVD. He just doesn't want Mary to be Maudlin. He's a good man.

I am a bit surprised with some of the harsh comments on this.

You know Moz loves to be in control of the record releases - what, when and how, so this is hardly a surprise.

Also, if you think of it, Moz released ROTT in 2006 and had a great sucessfull tour. Now in 2008 you have Morrissey Greatest Hits and then DVD LIVE at Hollywood Bowl and The Smiths Greatest hits. What does it look like? that he is profiting the moment to get some easy money out of loyal and new fans. Because this is not true he fells the need to say that he has nothing to do with the Warner releases: both the Smiths CD and his live DVD. And I think that this is important.

Now you can make up your minds, buy 1 buy 100 don't buy... it's still your choice.

But the thing is. This release is a much more anticipated and valuable one that the release earlier in the year he DID approve, The Greatest Hits. :confused: So what was preventing him working with Warner to create the artwork he was happy with? Do you really think Warner would have told him to get lost? Of course they'd prefer to release something with the artist's approval and have his cooperation with publicity.

For him to dismiss it as a cash grab, when fans are really excited about it, while at the same time sanctioning a redundant greatest hits, that fans were totally uninterested in, well, words fail me.

It just seems like control issues to me. And I can't help feel it's the old story with him procrastinating until in the end people get impatient and just do it without him.

Stop analyzing it. He's sacrificing his good name for something else.

Of course money is a motivation in his life, and I'd be willing to believe it's a tremendous one IF he didn't routinely forego playing a few huge arenas in favor of many, many, many more nights than are strictly necessary on a tour in small venues scattered all over the place. He's working twice (or many times) as hard for the same amount of money or less.

The fact is that I'll probably end up buying this DVD at some point regardless of whether or not he's behind it b/c I want to see it. But I totally support his right to say that he wishes people wouldn't buy it b/c he's not involved and won't get paid for it. It pisses me off to hear people moaning about him only being interested in money when overall he works much harder than he has to. It's obvious he's not just sitting back counting his millions, buying cars and houses and being lazy. His complaints are about being treated fairly, and if he wants to make a statement about it I don't see why he should keep his mouth shut just b/c some people don't like hearing it.

You know Moz loves to be in control of the record releases - what, when and how, so this is hardly a surprise.

Also, if you think of it, Moz released ROTT in 2006 and had a great sucessfull tour. Now in 2008 you have Morrissey Greatest Hits and then DVD LIVE at Hollywood Bowl and The Smiths Greatest hits. What does it look like? that he is profiting the moment to get some easy money out of loyal and new fans. Because this is not true he fells the need to say that he has nothing to do with the Warner releases: both the Smiths CD and his live DVD. And I think that this is important.

No, it's not a surprise, but it seems the older he gets, the more relentless his campaign of perceived injustice becomes. Whether or not Warner are screwing him out of money, that is not the fans' problem. Lots of people are getting tired of his double standards and the way he puts pressure on fans.

One minute he's flogging us his shitty "Greatest" Hits record - sticking a couple of new tracks on to entice the old-timers - the next minute the bad, bad people at the record company have dared to release a live DVD he knew about all along. And we are expected to sacrifice our enjoyment of his music 'cause that cash register that a couple of years ago "weighed so heavy on his back" now feels a few pounds lighter.

Excuse me for not having one iota of sympathy.

Coiff.

But the thing is. This release is a much more anticipated and valuable one that the release earlier in the year he DID approve, The Greatest Hits. :confused: So what was preventing him working with Warner to create the artwork he was happy with? Do you really think Warner would have told him to get lost? Of course they'd prefer to release something with the artist's approval and have his cooperation with publicity.

For him to dismiss it as a cash grab, when fans are really excited about it, while at the same time sanctioning a redundant greatest hits, that fans were totally uninterested in, well, words fail me.

It just seems like control issues to me. And I can't help feel it's the old story with him procrastinating until in the end people get impatient and just do it without him.

Control issues, I agree- the GH (which was redundant and I didn't buy) was the deal he had with Decca. Had he signed with Warner and the live DVD might have been issued instead.

Now, obviously we don't know the details and why he hasn´t worked with warner in order to get this DVD out - my main point was that 2008 will have 3 GH/LIVE -type releases that may look a bit like Money grabing to an outsider, so I understand why he made those statments.

Also, if he was so obsessed with money he would have acepted to tour with Johnny marr for that ridiculous amount of money he was offered. Joyce and Andy were not even in the package so that was not the problem, and HE REFUSED, so I am a bit surprised with some comments here.

Moz has control issues, I agree and may be difficult to work with, and is far from perfect but he cares deeply about his art.

Last edited:
Pointless.

Well, everyone's bickering about Morrissey's money-grubbing, control-demanding, snivelling tactics and I just don't think that's the case. We don't need to know the whole story, but the more we negatively theorize the sitation, all those nasty karmic vibes are being sent over to Morrissey and are probably getting him down on a day I bet he's preparing to attend a funeral no less. Ease up people, it's just business talk. POINTLESS for us to discuss, but that's just my opinion. Carry on.

I still don't understand Morrissey's comment on this DVD. I mean, Warner wanted to release it and they did. Whether he gets money or not from this dvd it shouldn't really matter to him. if it's a good dvd then it's something nice for the fans; I guess he didn't know about it and he wants to be in control of everything that is being released. that's seems to me a bit immature behavior.

He is not really thinking of the fans but he wants us to think of him.
But seriously, I don't think it's about the money. or at least I hope it's not about that...
the whole thing is a bit dissappointing...
But I will definitely be buying the DVD!:)

Well, everyone's bickering about Morrissey's money-grubbing, control-demanding, snivelling tactics and I just don't think that's the case. We don't need to know the whole story, but the more we negatively theorize the sitation, all those nasty karmic vibes are being sent over to Morrissey and are probably getting him down on a day I bet he's preparing to attend a funeral no less. Ease up people, it's just business talk. POINTLESS for us to discuss, but that's just my opinion. Carry on.

Urghh, I'm just naturally bitchy right now. I'm properly fed up and that. (Maybe those karmic vibes went via St. Mary Cray)
So, apologies to anyone who I have irked by being Trotsky reincarnate. I just needed something to moan about. :)

Urghh, I'm just naturally bitchy right now. I'm properly fed up and that. (Maybe those karmic vibes went via St. Mary Cray)
So, apologies to anyone who I have irked by being Trotsky reincarnate. I just needed something to moan about. :)

I'll give you sumethin' to moan about baby. :p

Well, I agree with you , for the most part :) - I do think he loves to have control over his work (mind you it's not a bad thing) but I felt some comments were really unfair :)

OK I'll Stop :)

WHATEVER HAPPENS WE LOVE YOU MOZ :o :guitar:

I think he clearly needs Merck back already. I can't imagine his apparent new manager (if they actually exist) will be as pro-active on here like he was...i found that refreshing as there is always constant speculation/rumours surrounding Morrissey and he (Merck) tried to weed out some of the bullshit.
All there's been since they parted company is general confusion regarding release dates or a lack of as it turns out, apparent on/off record deals and a silly statement regarding a certain up-coming dvd release...amongst other things.
Anyone agree?

Last edited:
I think he clearly needs Jed back already. I can't imagine his apparent new manager (if they actually exist) will be as pro-active on here like he was...i found that refreshing as there is always constant speculation/rumours surrounding Morrissey and he (Jed) tried to weed out some of the bullshit.
All there's been since they parted company is general confusion regarding release dates or a lack of as it turns out, apparent on/off record deals and a silly statement regarding a certain up-coming dvd release...amongst other things.
Anyone agree?

I think you mean Merck:confused:

no he means...

jed.jpg

jed would not allow this kind of tom foolery to happen.:p

ha nice one OT.
Yeah i mean Merck sorry...long day.
Night!

Tags
diva piss and groan
Back
Top Bottom