Morrissey fan who hates The Smiths

southpawlord

Can you imagine a Morrissey´s solo work fan who hates Johnny Marr and the rest of The Smiths?

Did you knew anyone like that in your time?

i do not even know it that could be considered sane or possible,i mean my heart is more for morrissey's solo work as thats what i grew up on,but i would find it very odd and strange if a person disliked the smiths but loved morrissey.

i do not even know it that could be considered sane or possible,i mean my heart is more for morrissey's solo work as thats what i grew up on,but i would find it very odd and strange if a person disliked the smiths but loved morrissey.

Very strange indeed to "dislike" The Smiths. I've come across some who were lukewarm about The Smiths, or strongly preferred Morrissey solo, but never anyone who disliked The Smiths. I think the only really mean, disparaging remarks I've ever heard about The Smiths have been Morrissey's. :rolleyes:

Very strange indeed to "dislike" The Smiths. I've come across some who were lukewarm about The Smiths, or strongly preferred Morrissey solo, but never anyone who disliked The Smiths. I think the only really mean, disparaging remarks I've ever heard about The Smiths have been Morrissey's. :rolleyes:

exactly.

i have a friend who despises joy division but loves new order,and though i do not agree with him,i can at least understand that as they sound quite different,but for the life of me i do not think i could understand someone who said they thought morrissey's solo work was great but did not like the smiths.
one can argue over the quality of his solo work,if its better or worse,but its been basically the same formula.

I have no friend who dislikes Smiths, but came across few on here who openly said they were not interested in Smiths stuff.

I'm sure they'll post here later if they're online.

I have no friend who dislikes Smiths, but came across few on here who openly said they were not interested in Smiths stuff.

Good, good... then we'll all know who to avoid.

Would that be Sonic Fungus, the deranged Marr obsessive who thinks Bernard Sumner is better than Moz? :D :p

Well, some years ago i knew a person who used to hate Johnny Marr. Especially when the musical press was writing bad critics against Morrissey´s solo stuff.

But now i ask what had Johnny Marr to do with that?

Instead of hate the journalists, that same person used to hate Marr.:D :guitar:

Isn´t it strange?:eek:

She was a girl from outside Lisbon called Figueiredo. I´ve heard so many complaining about her.:eek: But how can you hate Smiths and love Morrissey, or vice-versa? It´s all good!

I don't hate the Smiths, but Morrissey's solo work has a much deeper emotion connection to me and I greatly prefer it to the Smths material.

I never really cared about the Smiths back in the 80ies. I became a Moz apostle around the time he released "Viva Hate".

However, The Smiths records slowly but surely grew on me and nowadays I like the Smiths just as much. as Moz.

I don't hate the Smiths, but Morrissey's solo work has a much deeper emotion connection to me and I greatly prefer it to the Smths material.

One of my favourite memories of Mike The Tory at the Star & Garter was him being on stage dancing to some obscure Morrissey solo B-side, dancing away happily, singing along to every word.... the song ends and 'Panic' comes on..... Mike The Tory stops dead in his tracks, shakes his head and exits the stage whilst all around him everyone else is exploding into the opening line.
Mike The Tory headed for the bogs......:D

Jukebox Jury

I myself am not partial to The Smiths' material. I GREATLY admire Morrissey's lyrical contribution in that era. But as much as I know about the other members, they're all douches. Especially Craig Gannon. Andy's okay I guess.:p

Then again, I don't even listen to his solo stuff for the music either. I'd favor an a cappella album if Morrissey would like to ever release one :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mu Mu Land
Mu Mu Land
All bound for Mu Mu Land :guitar:

Can you imagine a Morrissey´s solo work fan who hates Johnny Marr and the rest of The Smiths?

Did you knew anyone like that in your time?

I'm not very fond of Johnny Marr. As a musician I hold him in high regards, and I know that it was the chemistry between him and Moz that made the Smiths be what they were/are. I don't care about the other Smiths-members to be honest.

When I got into Morrissey, it was his solo-work I knew first, and for a few months I wasn't too interested in the Smiths. But not knowing what you guys are talking about on here annoyed me so much that I started buying and listening... :p

I never really cared about the Smiths back in the 80ies. I became a Moz apostle around the time he released "Viva Hate".

However, The Smiths records slowly but surely grew on me and nowadays I like the Smiths just as much. as Moz.

Wow! just like me :eek: - I went back to the smiths after falling in love with Moz solo work in the early 90's :)

I love both the Smiths and Moz :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom