Has Morrissey ever been asked this before...

The Seeker of Good Songs

...are his live lyric changes something he plans ahead of time, or are they spontaneous changes to the songs?

...are his live lyric changes something he plans ahead of time, or are they spontaneous changes to the songs?

When they are the same lyric changes with every show, they are planned :D You're welcome. ;)

When they are the same lyric changes with every show, they are planned :D You're welcome. ;)

Agree 100%
Like all his on stage in between song comments, they are planned and well thought out in advance.

Jukebox Jury

Agree 100%
Like all his on stage in between song comments, they are planned and well thought out in advance.

Jukebox Jury

I got tired of the lounging on the stage, feet up on the drum riser bit after seeing it a few times :rolleyes: Sorry Moz. It was exciting the first time :p

Agree 100%

Jukebox Jury

Yes I see him popping into off topic & general discussion to get his ideas.

Err...Perhaps not.

Well played City.

Some of us have not seen him enough to get tired of it. :o So let the man lounge say I! :D

true... sorry... The last time, it seemed kind of stiff and calculated...it wasn't as nonchalant or graceful as I wanted it :o:D and for an older man, he got up much faster than he layed down. :clap: :D lol

I got tired of the lounging on the stage, feet up on the drum riser bit after seeing it a few times :rolleyes: Sorry Moz. It was exciting the first time :p

Maybe it's his favourite position :o

Don't like the word "planned". Although he may repeat the same line changes the initial change probably came to him from a sudden flash of inspiration or a perverse little whim. And really isn't that how all his songs are written?

I don't believe he plans out his stage banter at all. It's completely illogical to think that, especially as quite often what he says will be in response to something someone does or says in the audience.

Don't like the word "planned". Although he may repeat the same line changes the initial change probably came to him from a sudden flash of inspiration or a perverse little whim. And really isn't that how all his songs are written?

Exactly, and he has a weird, quite childish sense of humour, so sometimes he repeats the changes night after night simply because he finds them funny.

the initial change probably came to him from a sudden flash of inspiration or a perverse little whim.

Oh, I'm sure. Don't get me wrong, I do like the little lyric changes.

I don't believe he plans out his stage banter at all. It's completely illogical to think that, especially as quite often what he says will be in response to something someone does or says in the audience.

The stage banter is a totally different issue. I like that (and agree with you) although he did repeat a few little things in Indiana as he had done just prior in L.A....I only know that cuz my friend (who had seen the LA show) was repeating IN MY EAR what Moz was 'repeating'...or saying for the first time to the Star Plaza crowd ;) I wish I could remember what was said.

"The Last of The Quavers, International Playboys"

Come on you old bugger, just for Kiltie Wiltie...:p

Re: Errr

Lazy bugger, like Fransissey you can post your Quavers song on youtube. :p

I will!!! And what's more i will PLAY the quavers, EAT the quavers, all at the same time...:mad:

You will all say Morrissey - who?...:p

I recall something that he once said about the recorded version being just a snapshot of the song on it's path through life (not in those exact words).

Or was it Peter Andre? :confused:

mmmmm

i think some of the stuff is off the cuff , but as has been said most of it is preplanned ...boooo:mad:

What's wrong with repeating some banters?

Not all the people are attending all gigs.

Last edited:
I would venture to say that like most all artists some of their songs are a constant progression. While an obvious example is Bigmouth's change of walkman to iPod perhaps he feels as if he has an even better idea now than he did years ago.

Billy Joel now includes Long Island newspaper 'Newsday' in NY State of Mind in every live appearance. However the studio version from the early 70's ever had it.

I suspect that Morrissey is the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom