music you like that no-one else does??

most of the music i like, my friends dont like, ie... morrissey, well ive gotten two of them to listen to him a bit thanks to irish blood english heart, there both metal heads too.:rolleyes: but no one i know likes depeche mode which is my 3rd favorite band! i always get made fun of because of depeche, oh well i love them dearly.

Not to jump on the band-wagon, but, The Smiths & Morrissey, quoted by some of my friends," he is a depressing person who should just kill himself," " why does every song sound sang sounds like he has something stuffed in his mouth."

Others; The Specials, English Beat, Erasure, The Cure, Johnny Cash, any rockabilly that is played in my car. Most of my friends are techno Heads. I guess that explains it. Granted so am I. I love DnB and Progressive house music, but at least of have some what of an open mind. :cool:

A-ha, have seen them live and were great,most people just laugh as if they only had one or two hits in the 80's but they are much better than that.
Have been ridiculed for Moz and The Smiths a lot,The Cure, New Order,,,,,,,,,,,,and on ,,,,,,and on,,,,,,,,,

what music do you like that everyone else hates, thinks is naff or just doesn't like?
The Feeling. My husband flinches every time I put on their cd :) last week, my friend said 'are you sure you havn't got them mixed up with The Fray? I don't want to believe you like The Feeling'.

Blue :) I love Blue!

Will Young

Wham!

most of the music i like, my friends dont like, ie... morrissey, well ive gotten two of them to listen to him a bit thanks to irish blood english heart, there both metal heads too.:rolleyes: but no one i know likes depeche mode which is my 3rd favorite band! i always get made fun of because of depeche, oh well i love them dearly.
Love Depeche! i went to see them 2 years ago with my best friend (they were her favourites) and they were fantastic!

Morrissey and The Smiths...I am the only person I know who likes them. How lonely it can be at the top sometimes...

Neil Young...Don't even get me started. The only person out of my friends who has heard of him says he's "shit" and will not be told otherwise.

I think I need some new friends.

Damien Dempsey - nobody that I know admits to liking him, Sultans of Ping FC, and I'm embarrassed to admit to singing the odd Bee Gees song from time to time

I listen to some really obscure late 70/80s post-punk bands that most people haven't heard of, but I know people in RL who listen to obscure post-punk as well and DJ that kind of stuff... I've managed to turn them on to some bands.. including Ludus. I still think that most people haven't heard of Pink Industry (I bet that nobody on this forum has an idea who they were) although I did turn one guy on Soulseek on Pink Industry.

Back
Top Bottom