Morrissey's demands list for Israel concert

davdavon

Don't ask
Posted on YNet:
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3569176,00.html

Badly translated by davdavon:

Morrissey demands a private car with a professional driver available to drive him at any time. The car must be black with dark windows: if a Mercedes S-500 is not available, then a Lexus, BMW or Jaguar will also be accepted.​
Morrissey's "star" room must be lit but not by fluorescent. It should have a corner with plants and flowers, and the room should be ventilated, with air-conditioning that can be turned on and off from inside the room. The tables for food and drinks should be covered with tablecloths.​
In the artist's room during the concert there will be:
A clean wireless electric water boiler.​
Ceylon teabags.​
Packs of Kleenex tissues and paper towels.​
A quality natural-scent candle: for example, figs, green tea, orange blossom or vanilla.​
250g quality vegetarian cheddar cheese from Ireland or New Zealand.​
Organic milk, 2% fat.​
Six large bottles of Fiji or Volvic mineral water.​
Two bottles of Corona Beer.​
A bottle of Fanta Orange.​
A carton of freshly squeezed organic orange juice, no sweeteners.​
Whole-wheat bread only.​
Kerrygold Salted butter (sample photos of the butter were included with the list)​
Organic marmalade with no gelatin.​
Fries made from organic potatoes with no salt, plus one pack of Cheez-It crackers, red or white cheese flavor (photos of the crackers were also included).​
A small variety of fresh fruits, including apples and bananas.​
A small pack of rich, organic muesli.​
A small bag of cashew nuts, roasted, not salted​
Six large clean white towels. Six medium-sized clean white towels.​
In the bathroom:
"If possible, separate bathrooms and showers for artist and band rooms. They should be completely clean during the whole time!"​
A private bathroom only for Morrissey – a must.​
Police or security:
There will be no uniformed policemen present backstage or between the barriers, unless asked by the production or the artist.​
"Morrissey does not tolerate any sort of violent or aggressive behavior from any crew member, security guard or policeman. Everyone shall be treated equally and with dignity at any time."​
Merchandise and sales:
Products such as glow sticks, large fruits, balls and other items and products that can cause damage if hurled at people or at the stage will not be sold at the venue.​
Drinks will be sold in paper or plastic cups, including water.​
Catering:
All food should be vegetarian. For everyone. Including all crews, stands and attendants inside the venue and in its vicinity. If there is a barbeque spot nearby, the artists' room should be placed so that the wind will not be in their direction. All food should be fresh and healthy and mineral water should be supplied all the time. A balanced diet must be kept and upheld.​
Dinner for Morrissey:
Kitchen should be stocked with the following for the artist: peas, spinach, carrots – all steamed. Roasted potatoes and grilled asparagus. Pasta – only with simple tomato sauce. Morrissey does not eat any kind of chili or spices. In addition, the food in the venue (whether sold at the stands or brought by the audience) shall be completely vegetarian – meat will not be allowed inside the venue.​

love it...thanks dav..you`re a star!:guitar::guitar::guitar:
i always wondered what may be on morrissey`s rider....and always wanted to start a thread but .now i know...thanks.!..i wonder if his rider did change over the years...
any other sources of his riders in the past available?
Police or security:
There will be no uniformed policemen present backstage or between the barriers, unless asked by the production or the artist.
"Morrissey does not tolerate any sort of violent or aggressive behavior from any crew member, security guard or policeman. Everyone shall be treated equally and with dignity at any time."
Merchandise and sales:
Products such as glow sticks, large fruits, balls and other items and products that can cause damage if hurled at people or at the stage will not be sold at the venue.
hahaha i just try to imagine morrissey fans hurling around glow sticks instead of flowers(which soem still bring with them)
i wonder about that sec issue he stated...did he tell that his personal sec like arturo also? doesnt seems so...but still...good on him for stating that

dav do you have any info about the video the newspaper was supposed to film the lior ashkenazi/moz interview? ive heard they had problems with it?

Last edited:
Thanks davdavon for the translation.:guitar: His diet is the standard by which we should all aspire. No wonder he looks so fit at almost 50. It's nice to get a little glimpse into his "world" this way.:)

No chocolate!? How does the man get through the day? :eek:

But seriously, this seems rather harmless and almost modest (well, except for the Mercedes S-500 maybe ...:p)

And also, once you've chugged that bottle of Fanta Orange, does it really matter if your orange juice contains added sweeteners? But it's all about choice I suppose ;)

thanks davdavon! Morrissey's dinner sounds sooo healthy! I like asparagus, but it always makes my pee smell funny. :sick:

thanks davdavon! Morrissey's dinner sounds sooo healthy! I like asparagus, but it always makes my pee smell funny. :sick:

Corrissey and I had that discussion before on solo about the after effects from eating asapargus..I wonder if those two threads will be merged together?

Kind of agree that this stuff should be private but can't help but read stuff like this.
Don't think it's hugely demanding compared to some that you see. Plus the fact that no meat products are allowed in the building is always a good thing.

But only 2 bottles of Corona? C'mon Moz, unwind a little mate! ;)

"Don't think it's hugely demanding compared to some that you see." - QUOTE

I agree. I just saw a rider recently, don't remember whose, that said the M&M's had to be separated according to color.:confused::eek:

Last edited:
Tags
israel rider
Back
Top Bottom