Morrissey's demands list for Israel concert

I don't really get why this is being characterised as a "demands list". It's just the normal list of food that an artist requests at a venue. That they pay for.

His demands list is utterly brilliant.We are soul mates.Shame he just doesn't know it.

I don't really get why this is being characterised as a "demands list". It's just the normal list of food that an artist requests at a venue. That they pay for.

davdavon modestory claims that his English translation is not very good which is untrue.
He literally translated from a website which is written in Hebrew.
I assume the original text used a word demand list.

Posted on YNet:
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3569176,00.html

Badly translated by davdavon:

Morrissey demands a private car with a professional driver available to drive him at any time. The car must be black with dark windows: if a Mercedes S-500 is not available, then a Lexus, BMW or Jaguar will also be accepted.​
Morrissey's "star" room must be lit but not by fluorescent. It should have a corner with plants and flowers, and the room should be ventilated, with air-conditioning that can be turned on and off from inside the room. The tables for food and drinks should be covered with tablecloths.​
In the artist's room during the concert there will be:
A clean wireless electric water boiler.​
Ceylon teabags.​
Packs of Kleenex tissues and paper towels.​
A quality natural-scent candle: for example, figs, green tea, orange blossom or vanilla.​
250g quality vegetarian cheddar cheese from Ireland or New Zealand.​
Organic milk, 2% fat.​
Six large bottles of Fiji or Volvic mineral water.​
Two bottles of Corona Beer.​
A bottle of Fanta Orange.​
A carton of freshly squeezed organic orange juice, no sweeteners.​
Whole-wheat bread only.​
Kerrygold Salted butter (sample photos of the butter were included with the list)​
Organic marmalade with no gelatin.​
Fries made from organic potatoes with no salt, plus one pack of Cheez-It crackers, red or white cheese flavor (photos of the crackers were also included).​
A small variety of fresh fruits, including apples and bananas.​
A small pack of rich, organic muesli.​
A small bag of cashew nuts, roasted, not salted​
Six large clean white towels. Six medium-sized clean white towels.​
In the bathroom:
"If possible, separate bathrooms and showers for artist and band rooms. They should be completely clean during the whole time!"​
A private bathroom only for Morrissey – a must.​
Police or security:
There will be no uniformed policemen present backstage or between the barriers, unless asked by the production or the artist.​
"Morrissey does not tolerate any sort of violent or aggressive behavior from any crew member, security guard or policeman. Everyone shall be treated equally and with dignity at any time."​
Merchandise and sales:
Products such as glow sticks, large fruits, balls and other items and products that can cause damage if hurled at people or at the stage will not be sold at the venue.​
Drinks will be sold in paper or plastic cups, including water.​
Catering:
All food should be vegetarian. For everyone. Including all crews, stands and attendants inside the venue and in its vicinity. If there is a barbeque spot nearby, the artists' room should be placed so that the wind will not be in their direction. All food should be fresh and healthy and mineral water should be supplied all the time. A balanced diet must be kept and upheld.​
Dinner for Morrissey:
Kitchen should be stocked with the following for the artist: peas, spinach, carrots – all steamed. Roasted potatoes and grilled asparagus. Pasta – only with simple tomato sauce. Morrissey does not eat any kind of chili or spices. In addition, the food in the venue (whether sold at the stands or brought by the audience) shall be completely vegetarian – meat will not be allowed inside the venue.​

That was a very intersting read. Thank you:)

Orange Fanta? So much for being a health freak.

Carbonated water, sugar, orange fruit (5%), citric acid, acidity regulator (E331), preservative (E221), flavourings, sweeteners (sodium saccharin, aspartame), stabiliser (E412), colourings . Contains a source of phenylalanine.

Carbonated water, sugar, orange fruit (5%), citric acid, acidity regulator (E331), preservative (E221), flavourings, sweeteners (sodium saccharin, aspartame), stabiliser (E412), colourings . Contains a source of phenylalanine.

Hmmm? Did you say something? I was distracted.

fanta.jpg

It's weird but when I'm seriously dehydrated shit like that is the only thing that sorts out my thirst. Maybe that's what sorts Moz out when he comes off stage?

It's weird but when I'm seriously dehydrated shit like that is the only thing that sorts out my thirst. Maybe that's what sorts Moz out when he comes off stage?

Fanta is great when I'm hungover. On hot days as well, it's more thirst quenching although it is filled with shite.

Posted on YNet:

Kitchen should be stocked with the following for the artist: peas, spinach, carrots – all steamed. Roasted potatoes and grilled asparagus. Pasta – only with simple tomato sauce.​

i thought moz didn't eat vegetables....

Asparagus is giving me flashbacks to Spain. AGGGHH!!!

Verde, blanco, grilled, fried, steamed, refrigerated, with mayonnaise....

Corrissey and I had that discussion before on solo about the after effects from eating asapargus..I wonder if those two threads will be merged together?

How do you know what my pee smells like? :confused: ...;)

I think I've had the asparagus pee discussion with a few other people, too. :p lol

its hardly a bowl of m&ms with the blue ones removed , it reads to me quite a simple list

Really, I agree. I'm surprised at how not surprised I am by his list. Why only two Coronas? Is he expecting me? :)
What about the band... is that a whole other rider or do they get what they get?

If you want to know if "demand" is the correct translation into English, just ask yourself what sort of conversation Morrissey would have with the venue's staff if the smell of meat wafted into the dressing room.

"REQUEST"

"I requested that all meat stalls be located far away from the room. I can smell the charred flesh. I'm nearly fainting over here."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Morrissey. We couldn't fill your request."

"Oh, I see. Darn it. Okay, carry on."​

"DEMAND"

"I demanded that all meat stalls be located far away from the room. I can smell the charred flesh. I'm nearly fainting over here."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Morrissey. We couldn't meet your--"

Morrissey:

mushroom-cloud1.jpg

Tags
israel rider
Back
Top Bottom