Oasis reveal tracklisting for new album

I am a Ghost

Oasis have revealed the tracklisting for their much-anticipated new album 'Dig Out Your Soul'.

The album, which is the band's seventh, is the follow-up to 2005's 'Don't Believe the Truth' and will be released in Ireland on 3 October.

It will be preceded by the single 'The Shock of the Lightning', which is out on 26 September.

The album was produced by Dave Sardy and was recorded at London's Abbey Road and mixed in Los Angeles.

The tracklisting for 'Dig Out Your Soul' is:
'Bag It Up'
'The Turning'
'Waiting for the Rapture'
'The Shock of the Lightning'
'I'm Outta Time'
'(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady'
'Falling Down'
'To Be Where There's Life'
'Ain't Got Nothin'
'The Nature of Reality'
'Soldier On'

Oasis have revealed the tracklisting for their much-anticipated new album 'Dig Out Your Soul'.

The album, which is the band's seventh, is the follow-up to 2005's 'Don't Believe the Truth' and will be released in Ireland on 3 October.

It will be preceded by the single 'The Shock of the Lightning', which is out on 26 September.

The album was produced by Dave Sardy and was recorded at London's Abbey Road and mixed in Los Angeles.

The tracklisting for 'Dig Out Your Soul' is:
'Bag It Up'
'The Turning'
'Waiting for the Rapture'
'The Shock of the Lightning'
'I'm Outta Time'
'(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady'
'Falling Down'
'To Be Where There's Life'
'Ain't Got Nothin'
'The Nature of Reality'
'Soldier On'

Those song titles sound dismal!
Any song with the word 'lady' in it, normally deserves a wide berth!
Will be interesting to see if it's as bad as it sounds...

Don't shoot the messenger :)
I lost interest in them not long after the first two albums anyhow, bar one or two tracks in the last few years.

Don't shoot the messenger :)
I lost interest in them not long after the first two albums anyhow, bar one or two tracks in the last few years.

hey, not having a go!
I'm very much interested in the news.
besides, seems like a rare new opportunity to try out my use-of-the-word-lady-in-a-song theory!

"Luck Be A Lady" by Our Frank is pretty tasty. "Lay Lady Lay" by Dylan ain't bad (..."lay across ma big brass be-head..."). "Lady Of The Flowers" by Placebo kind of rocks.

Mind you, "Lady" by Kenny Rogers is a pile, as I recall. You might be right :)

Be interesting to see who's written what. I think the days of Noel's fascist like grip over songwriting has loosened somewhat. The question is, though...did he hand over the reigns gladly or did Liam threaten to 'sort him out' if he didn't?

Sorted, our kid etc :cool:

bit tight track wise. im guessing a flood of "poorly choiced" singles & b-sides each with cd1, cd2 & a dvd...greedy boys

"Luck Be A Lady" by Our Frank is pretty tasty. "Lay Lady Lay" by Dylan ain't bad (..."lay across ma big brass be-head..."). "Lady Of The Flowers" by Placebo kind of rocks.

Mind you, "Lady" by Kenny Rogers is a pile, as I recall. You might be right :)

Be interesting to see who's written what. I think the days of Noel's fascist like grip over songwriting has loosened somewhat. The question is, though...did he hand over the reigns gladly or did Liam threaten to 'sort him out' if he didn't?

Sorted, our kid etc :cool:

don't forget "Lady in Red" ;)

they basically lost me with "heathen chemistry" but i have still bought everything since,i just no longer really look forward as much as i once did to an oasis release.
"dont look back in anger" is still one of my all time favorite songs though.

I can't see Bonehead or Guigsy contributing anything worthwhile. Sorry. :o I can't wait for the new album to come out. :guitar:

I wish I still had it now, but back in the 90's, there was a great spoof article about Oasis where the writers imagined what future solo albums from each of the individual members would look like. I think Bonehead's was called "But Seriously, Like..." and Guigsy's was "You Can't Take It With You" or something equally daft. I'm pretty sure it was in Vox Magazine.

I'm writing this from my somewhat rusty memory, ravaged by a decade of caning the tea leaves (and biscuits) so pardon any errors, imagined or otherwise :)

I saw Oasis back in 1995 and it was a great night. Fantastic entertainment. Couldn't lose the Manky twang for a fortnight, nor the swagger ;)

Back
Top Bottom