The official I love the Magnetic Fields thread

Dow,did you ever hear about that song challenge ,where songwriters were asked to write and record a song in 48 hours based apon one picture and one word,they first asked mr merritt first.

here is his...

makes me all gooey

haha

Oh, yes. Look at that, man, the guy is so awesome it's obscene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, yes. Look at that, man, the guy is so awesome it's obscene.

haha
yes

I love the man even though the older and older he gets,the more he looks like droopy the dog

droopy06.jpg

stephen merritt,may be a musical genius but cant do an interview for his life.
haha

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my rage face at no Vegas dates:
33adoo2.gif

Am going to be traveling from here to west Texas and back in October, though. Hmmmmm.

well more dates are supposed to be anounced as well,so who knows,i will gladly be at a few of the shows but i would like a boston show,which i am sure will come as he was a local.

well more dates are supposed to be anounced as well,so who knows,i will gladly be at a few of the shows but i would like a boston show,which i am sure will come as he was a local.

I have other rage faces ready, but I hope you're right on that who knows so I don't have to use them!
Lucky, I have Panic at the Disco as locals... :sick:

I have other rage faces ready, but I hope you're right on that who knows so I don't have to use them!
Lucky, I have Panic at the Disco as locals... :sick:

hahah

and the killers!!!!
they are a very original group.

but,if you were a tr0000 fan you would just find a show and somehow make it,even if you are a youth,stephen wants you to.

hahah

and the killers!!!!
they are a very original group.

but,if you were a tr0000 fan you would just find a show and somehow make it,even if you are a youth,stephen wants you to.

Oh, extremely... they rip off my favorite bands like no other.

I would... if he gave me some money. Or a wee hug. Or a wee hug AND some money.

I've been listening to them quite abit recently. But today was a turning point. I now officialy love them. Merritt's is just fantastic. I think I should just talk like him for the rest of my life. I'm sure my affection for them will grow even more so when I get into 69 Love Songs.

And Distortion is beautiful...

I've been listening to them quite abit recently. But today was a turning point. I now officialy love them. Merritt's is just fantastic. I think I should just talk like him for the rest of my life. I'm sure my affection for them will grow even more so when I get into 69 Love Songs.

And Distortion is beautiful...

welcome ! :D

they (and him) have a vast back catalog ,so you will have much to discover.

when i think of bands that sing great songs about 'love' 2 come to my mind above all others:
Pulp
&
The Magnetic Fields, who pack into their
The_Magnetic_Fields_-_69_Love_Songs.jpg

'album' more lyrical brilliance about love than i previously thought was possible :eek:
the 1st volume of the above is simply the one you must have
songs like A Chicken with Its Head Cut Off tell what it really means to be in love and at the same time make one laugh
while I Don't Want to Get Over You is a song that i personally feel was written for me, it sums up how i feel about love :guitar:
the heartbreak of its loss, and the deep abiding feeling of never ever moving on :tears:

ps: volume 2 includes 'Papa Was a Rodeo' which every time i have ever played it for anyone who has not heard it, they always stop, listen, and ask me who sings it, its thats f***in brilliant!

Last edited:
'69 Love Songs' has something for everyone i reckon.
Cheers Terence, you're a veritable gem.

Back
Top Bottom