Boz Boorer appears with 'Johns Children' at Camden Underworld 15/9/2001

R

Ruffian

The story of how I met a hero ..

"... the full story goes that I arrived at the underworld about 7.30. As I went downstairs to the Underworld, Boz was coming up them.. I couldn't believe it at first .. was it him? I thought, and then I stopped and fumbled with my change to give myself time.. some guy was asking Boz about what lead plugs in where.. then the guy went and Boz got his phone out.. I stepped up to him and said 'It's Boz isn't it?'.. He smiled and said yes, I shook hands with him as he switched phones and his cigarette!! I made 'bumbling' apologies for interrupting him and he was really OK.. explaining he was trying to get a signal for his mobile.. The picture was taken and I went into the bar.. completely happy!! Not everyday you meet someone that has touched you with their songwriting talents.. the man who wrote 'Now My Heart Is full', 'Speedway', and 'Jack The Ripper'..

Then I met Mimi and Elsberry. We had a talk about Morrissey and Boz as you'd expect.. and shared a few beers and cigarrettes.. They're nice girls... anyway,

The gig was good.. Small venue. Very intimate. Boz looked cool.. 50's suit and rock n'roll chic.. He's a lot smaller in real life (I thought).. but the unmistakable cut of his guitar style was obvious... I just watched and drank it in.. He was enjoying himself as well.. just playing for fun. They did a fair few TREX songs 'Children of the Revolution', 'Cosmic Dancer', 'Telegram Sam' included... All good stuff..

Afterwards, I couldn't resist.. Boz was on stage packing his stuff away and I thanked him for the gig.. and asked him if I could take a photo.. he came off the stage.. and cheerfully stood next to me .. I put my arm around him (Like, he's a best mate or something!!) and was then bemused by the bloke taking the picture.. but taken it was.. and even if I did look p1ssed (I wasn't) it was a great sort of personal moment.. "

If I could post the pictures I took.. I'd let you see them.. not sure how to get JPGS' up here though.. any advice?

By the way, apologies for potential duplication.. But I posted this as an article for the main news board as well.. But for those that loiter here.. you can read it first..

Back
Top Bottom