Are people born evil or are they made?

Hellie

Lost
Following my somewhat harrowing experience of the Hannibal brain scene last Saturday...a kind and benevolent chum lent me a book all about a person called Albert Fish.After reading it I'm reviewing what sort of a friend gives someone as squeamish and vegetarian as me such a tome....but that's another matter.

If you've not heard of this lovely sweet old man then do a Google on him,but not while you're eating your tea:sick:

I wasn't really fascinated with all the bad things he did but more so how does an individual become a monster like this?Is he made or just born that way?

I've read up on Ed Gein and its clear that he was completely a product of his upbringing.There was never going to be a good outcome in his case.

I didn't know such terrible things exsisted and am seriously considering taking my children to the outer Hebrides and kissing goodbye to the human race.Such is my horror that people can do such things and the reassurance from my Policeman brother that the general concensus amongst many high up in the force that at any given time in the UK there are at least fifteen serial kilers.

I'd rather not read those links, but reminded me of an excusion of one of the most notorious killers in Japan which took place last week. :(

Following my somewhat harrowing experience of the Hannibal brain scene last Saturday...a kind and benevolent chum lent me a book all about a person called Albert Fish.After reading it I'm reviewing what sort of a friend gives someone as squeamish and vegetarian as me such a tome....but that's another matter.

If you've not heard of this lovely sweet old man then do a Google on him,but not while you're eating your tea:sick:

I wasn't really fascinated with all the bad things he did but more so how does an individual become a monster like this?Is he made or just born that way?

I've read up on Ed Gein and its clear that he was completely a product of his upbringing.There was never going to be a good outcome in his case.

I didn't know such terrible things exsisted and am seriously considering taking my children to the outer Hebrides and kissing goodbye to the human race.Such is my horror that people can do such things and the reassurance from my Policeman brother that the general concensus amongst many high up in the force that at any given time in the UK there are at least fifteen serial kilers.

albert fish was one crazy old man,not only did he enjoy eating children but after he was finally arrested it was discovered he had numerous pins and needles embedded in his flesh,some had been there so long the skin had grown over them and they were degrading into his system,oddly he had his own children that were not really abused or harmed,he also used to enjoy sticking kerosene soaked rags and other items up his rectum and lighting them on fire.

he obviously was not so bright as he wrote to the
Budd family ,what ten years later? he used stationary from where he lived.

I used to scare friends and family alike with my vast serial killer book collection.
:rolleyes::o

I think evil is something you do rather than are. Becuase no one is totally evil or good there is a percentage that sort of changes around and sometimes evil has the higher percentage hence you do eveil things. Would that not mean it was something you are. I have confused my self.

Did anyone else just read the Wikipedia articles about Fish & Miyazaki and feel a bit creeped out by how their stories are told in rather loving detail?

I thought Miyazaki's focused more on getting sympathy for him than the things he did.

Fish's was very very very thorough, I've read several serial killer books and didn't know some of the things in the article. The sad thing about Fish's case is that if some of the parents had spoken up sooner, he wouldn't have been able to molest or kill anymore children.

I thought Miyazaki's focused more on getting sympathy for him than the things he did.

Fish's was very very very thorough, I've read several serial killer books and didn't know some of the things in the article. The sad thing about Fish's case is that if some of the parents had spoken up sooner, he wouldn't have been able to molest or kill anymore children.

i think it was also the time it takes place,who in their right mind these days would let their child go off to a "party" with someone they hired to do some house repairs and house painting.

Maybe a little bit. Oh, poor guy--he had deformed hands and couldn't get into the "customary" university. :rolleyes:

But that happens even today--some of these things aren't reported right away.

i think it was also the time it takes place,who in their right mind these days would let their child go off to a "party" with someone they hired to do some house repairs and house painting.

A year ago I would have agreed with you, but having seen how careless some of the parents of my daughter's friends are, it's not hard for me to imagine some of them doing that now. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom