Smiths/moz Memorabilia Or Records In London

bjcinbc

hi all,

just wondering if someone can help me with some info? i will be in London on Thurs JUNE 19 until JUNE 23. i wanted to go to a music store/record shop that would have smiths stuff besides the usual cd's/dvd's etc....

any info soon would be appreciated! thanks!

you can email me directly if you want... [email protected]

-bjc

moz/ smiths collectible shop in london?

hi all,

just wondering if someone can help me with some info? i will be in London on Thurs JUNE 19 until JUNE 23. i wanted to go to a music store/record shop that would have smiths stuff besides the usual cd's/dvd's etc....

-bjc

Re: moz/ smiths collectible shop in london?

I'm afraid no special shops sell Morrissey/Smiths collectables in London.
Those trade is done by internet.

If you go to Camden Town you find some shops/stalls sell Tshirts and old 7 inch and 12 inch singles.

Last edited:

You can also try the weekend flea market @ Portobello. I got some New Order stuffs from there. Rough Trade Records is there too.

Tube: Notting Hill Gate.

There are some Record shops along the main road (Vinyl Exchange or something like that). Its been years since I was there so things might have changed. :o

cheers!

mbr.

hi all,

-bjc

Notting Hill Gate
Berwick St
Camden High St.

Stefan R

hi all,

-bjc

i'm not from there, and have only been a few times. but i've heard that the rough trade store is "the best record store in london" according to ed o'brien of radiohead. they were scheduled to do an instore there for their new record. which fell through at the last minute. they ended up playing next door.

you can always try wardour street for records but not much beyond that.

Only few record shops in Berwick Street now, Sister Ray is worth paying visit.
Reckless shutdown in 2006.

June 21st is the Wolverhampton record fair. I'd suggest going to that.

But if you're just looking for the odd fridge magnet and t-shirt, the internet is the better bet.

I won't suggest a tourist to venture Wolverhampton for the sake of record fair.
It's not worth for travel expense and time.

Only few record shops in Berwick Street now, Sister Ray is worth paying visit.
Reckless shutdown in 2006.

Didnt know Reckless shutdown. :eek:

How about Rhythm @ Camden? Is it still there?

cheers!

mbr.

hi to all that replied,

thanks for the help. and no i'm not looking for fridge magnets, but maybe concert items, tickets, old concert posters etc. With the information you all gave, i'm off on the hunt! i saw a posting that he was recently in a pub in london....going to have a pint there just in case! : )

peace, bjc

hi to all that replied,

thanks for the help. and no i'm not looking for fridge magnets, but maybe concert items, tickets, old concert posters etc. With the information you all gave, i'm off on the hunt! i saw a posting that he was recently in a pub in london....going to have a pint there just in case! : )

peace, bjc

I won't recommend you to go to Big Red because it's highly unlikely to see him in there again.
You'd better pub crawling in Camden where you have more chance.

Back
Top Bottom