Happy Memorial Day!

Corrissey

lovable loser
Today we honor those who have served our great Nation :)

memorial.jpg

Memorial Day is a United States Federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (in 2008 on May 26). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who perished while in military service to their country. First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War, it was expanded after World War I to include casualties of any war or military action.

memorial-day_18.gif

Is this the holiday that Morrissey said was evidence of the USA's barbaric nature? In NYC last year? Well, what the hell does he know anyway...

Hey, maybe the prisoners in Abu Ghraib and multitudinous other Iraqi jails will get a night off from the ritual torture and harassment they endure every other night of the year. Happy Holidays, folks! :doh:

Coiff.

Bad things have a habit of happening to my family on Memorial Day.
Doing my best to try to ignore my paranoia by watching all the Will Smith movies on TV.
I've seen Men in Black over 234124 times and it's still not enough.

FREEDOMS' MEMORIAL By Dell "Abe" Jones

This day is set aside
to honor those
who took the chance to die.

But they have died in vain
if we ever forget
the reason why.

Freedom can be like time
slipping away
before we even know.

But we all have the choice
more, a duty
to battle freedoms' foe.

Let us give thanks this day
to all those brave
who paid the highest cost.

Not take it for granted
and realize
it easily could be lost.

Bad things have a habit of happening to my family on Memorial Day.
Doing my best to try to ignore my paranoia by watching all the Will Smith movies on TV.
I've seen Men in Black over 234124 times and it's still not enough.

is wild wild west on next?

:rolleyes::D

Having made my political point, I would like to thank all those who serve, and have served, valiantly, justly and honestly in the Armed Forces around the world. We owe them a great debt, even if we don't agree with what it is they're fighting.

Coiff.

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day. :cool:

My father was in the navy for four years so you don't even want to get started on asking him about Memorial Day unless you wish to hear an hour long lecture. :D

Hey, maybe the prisoners in Abu Ghraib and multitudinous other Iraqi jails will get a night off from the ritual torture and harassment they endure every other night of the year. Happy Holidays, folks! :doh:

Coiff.

I do not condone torture, but I saw the photos of the prisoners who were forced to wear women's underwear on their heads.

I think it is important to note that the Iraqi prisoners' heads were still attached to their necks.

Is this the holiday that Morrissey said was evidence of the USA's barbaric nature? In NYC last year? Well, what the hell does he know anyway...

I don't remember that. I saw him in Houston on Memorial Day last year, and he said something about Memorial Day, but I don't remember what it was.

I do not condone torture, but I saw the photos of the prisoners who were forced to wear women's underwear on their heads.

I think it is important to note that the Iraqi prisoners' heads were still attached to their necks.

Sorry, my bad, I didn't realise that electrocution, sexual abuse, ritual beatings (sometimes resulting in death) and intense psychological harassment counted as reasonable treatment of prisoners in your country. :rolleyes:

I don't remember that. I saw him in Houston on Memorial Day last year, and he said something about Memorial Day, but I don't remember what it was.

It may have been that concert, I don't remember the details, just that there was heated debate on here about his disrespect for America's war-dead.

Coiff.

Sorry, my bad, I didn't realise that electrocution, sexual abuse, ritual beatings (sometimes resulting in death) and intense psychological harassment counted as reasonable treatment of prisoners in your country. :rolleyes:

She didn't say it was reasonable at all or that it wasn't torture. She just said we don't go about beheading people.

Which is true, I don't recall us ever kidnapping an Iraqi journalist and torturing him, then cutting off his head and posting a video of it on the Internet. We've done some f***ed up shit, but we haven't done that yet.

She didn't say it was reasonable at all or that it wasn't torture. She just said we don't go about beheading people.

Which is true, I don't recall us ever kidnapping an Iraqi journalist and torturing him, then cutting off his head and posting a video of it on the Internet. We've done some f***ed up shit, but we haven't done that yet.

Thank you Cassius. That is what I was trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom