New York, New York, So good they bombed it twice!.

K

King Kong

Now you know how it feels, maybe Americans will stop and think about giving money to the IRA?

> Now you know how it feels, maybe Americans will stop and think
> about giving money to the IRA?

You're using this horrific event to rub it in the faces of Americans?

You're sick.

We're HARDLY deserving of this - NO ONE deserves this.

> Now you know how it feels, maybe Americans will stop and think
> about giving money to the IRA?

Good stuff! After the astonishment of seeing greasetea's pitiful cliches, I'm glad to see someone finds this as entertaining as I do.

Oh so innocent America

Welcome to the real world.
How many parts of this planet has America dropped bombs on and caused destruction in the name of (ahem) freedom, liberty and justice?
How many women and children killed in Yugoslavia, Lybia, the list of countries is endless.
America saw itself as the worlds governor and has paid the price.

> You're using this horrific event to rub it in the faces of
> Americans?

> You're sick.

> We're HARDLY deserving of this - NO ONE deserves this.

What's with this WE, numbskull? Did you die? Presumably not, but reading your message I do wonder.

Don't you understand that it gives a lot of people a thrill to see a bunch of American stockbrokers getting what millions of people get every day - a pretty sore, early death? It's also nothing against YOU, personally.

When is the movie out on DVD?

Cant wait for the movie to come out.
Bruce Willis's agent must be working overtime right now reading all the scripts!

America is far from innocent

I am not condoning these actions that happened today. I feel for the families of those affected. However, America has been involved and supported genocides in Central and South America and parts of Asia in the last 30 years. Right wing Military generals, death squads, Pol Pot, Mai Li, etc.

More recently the Bush administration has given Afghanistan over $100 million dollars in "rewards" since taking office for destroying poppy fields. Things that happened today are why we need to stay involved in United Nations discussions and conferences, and keep peace talks going, instead of the current trend towards isolationism.

That said, I'm sure action will be taken within the next two weeks to avenge today's tragedies.

Re: Oh so innocent America

you jerk. that;s great that you can sit there and spew your poison politics while we sit here and wait to see if our friends and family are still alive. those people in the towers didn't see themselves as the world's governor. they were going to work in the hopes of getting home tonite to see families and loved ones. i reiterate: you jerk, you @#!!!ing asshole.

> Welcome to the real world.
> How many parts of this planet has America dropped bombs on and
> caused destruction in the name of (ahem) freedom, liberty and
> justice?
> How many women and children killed in Yugoslavia, Lybia, the
> list of countries is endless.

I know all about the "real world," thank you very much.

I do not feel that I need to apologize for, nor explain my shock and sadness for the brutal, senseless loss of individuals, be it in New York, or anywhere else in the world. What happened today was a tragedy on ALL accounts, and your attempts to justify what happened by saying we Americans had it coming, is not only disgusting, but ignorant and mean-spirited.

> America saw itself as the worlds governor and has paid the
> price.

"Paid the price?"

Forgive my vulgarity, but

F U C K Y O U.

> Good stuff! After the astonishment of seeing greasetea's pitiful
> cliches, I'm glad to see someone finds this as entertaining as I
> do.

Yeah, THAT'll teach those Americans!

F.uck you too.

America and the IRA... and the cold hearted little runts who laugh at this atrocity

Why America is so surprised is quite beyond me.... you can scream, wring your hands, shrug your shoulders, cry and express indignation, shock and outrage.... but the fact remains that the IRA has been wreaking these feelings on us for 30 YEARS.

Isn't it vile, horrible, scary?

Again, what happened yesterday was horrific... with casualties from many countries, not only America.... and anyone who doesn't sympathise with these events, well, it obviously shows their age (or shoe size) and betrays that, while they may listen to Morrissey records, they really aren't that intelligent or mature or worthwhile. Jokes aren't really called for here. In fact, they're not really acceptable or funny at the moment... 10-20, maybe 30,000 innocents, American and European, died yesterday, so be ashamed all you who laugh.

> Yeah, THAT'll teach those Americans!

> F.uck you too.

Re: America and the IRA... and the cold hearted little runts who laugh at this atrocity

> Why America is so surprised is quite beyond me.... you can
> scream, wring your hands, shrug your shoulders, cry and express
> indignation, shock and outrage.... but the fact remains that the
> IRA has been wreaking these feelings on us for 30 YEARS.

I never said I was "surprised" at any of this - I'm very familiar with terrorism, both towards the US, as well as to the rest of the world.

But to see the twin towers of the WTC - two very prominent, prolific structures that shaped the NYC skyline - crumble to the ground before your very eyes, is pretty shocking to see.

> Isn't it vile, horrible, scary?

Of course! And I do not appreciate the condescending nature of your statement.

Are you implying that, to be an American hurt by this tragedy, I am ignorant of the suffering that the rest of the world has endured by terrorism?

Forgive me, but I am NOT going to apologize for being a grief-stricken U.S. citizen.

> Again, what happened yesterday was horrific... with casualties
> from many countries, not only America.... and anyone who doesn't
> sympathise with these events, well, it obviously shows their age
> (or shoe size) and betrays that, while they may listen to
> Morrissey records, they really aren't that intelligent or mature
> or worthwhile.

Agreed.

Jokes aren't really called for here. In fact,
> they're not really acceptable or funny at the moment... 10-20,
> maybe 30,000 innocents, American and European, died yesterday,
> so be ashamed all you who laugh.

I'm not sure whether this was intended for me, personally, but I'm not joking, and I'm certainly NOT laughing.

>>Welcome to the real world. How many parts of this planet has America dropped bombs on and caused destruction in the name of (ahem) freedom, liberty and justice?
How many women and children killed in Yugoslavia, Lybia, the list of countries is endless.
America saw itself as the worlds governor and has paid the price.

Back
Top Bottom