What is Morrissey's best closing line?

Jones

Has this been done before?

What is your favourite closing line of a song?

My contender, I Will See You in Far Off Places

"Looking to the camera, messing around and pulling faces."

hmmm, maybe "reason and freedom is a waste - it's a lot like life", from "I've Changed My Plea to Guilty"

This isn't in one of his songs but I like it. I think he said it in concert. "Thank you from the heart of my bottom".

"This is the last song I'll ever sing
Oh no, I've changed my mind again
Goodnight and thank you"

One winner here................"You are gonna miss me when I am gone"

says it all really i think

cossy

"....take people from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, just spare me!" :D love this line (btw i have nothing against Pennsylvanians).

maybe not the best, but worth a mention

And here I am!
Well, you don't need to look so pleased

My favorite closing line from a concert was in Las Vegas, December 1999, right before the encore he says “Thank you. I’ll be at the bar if anybody fancies a rum and coke” and then the drums starts to pound the intro to “Last Night I Dreamt…..”

Good stuff. I have this show on CD somewhere… I should dig it out. Good tour. (unlike this one which is turning out to be a real mess, it seems)

"And when you want to live
how do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?"

I always thought that summed up best the sense of longing inherent in most of Morrissey's lyrics....

Either the simple but wonderful..."There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"...it always make me think of Morrissey and Marr and how their legacy shall always survive. I also think "truly I do love you, wherever you are"...simply beautiful!

Love PTxx.

hmmm, maybe "reason and freedom is a waste - it's a lot like life", from "I've Changed My Plea to Guilty"

Oh yes... and in that same vein, (from Angel) I love you more than life (repeat 4x, exhale :p)

Also, (Suedehead) It was a good lay ;) and (Driving your girlfriend home) and we’re shaking hands goodnight so politely.

Tags
lyrics
Back
Top Bottom