Morrissey Contact info?

I could just try and run up to him anf juck it. Not impossible.

It's funny you mention this. I threw something onstage after the 2007 Atlantic City show was over. Being a child from the 70s, I was confident in my frisbee-throwing skills because letter/thingy landed right at the feet at one of his "people" who was collecting presents off the floor.

He gave me a look that would curdle milk; as if I was Mr. Oddjob from the movie "Goldfinger" who was trying to behead him with my derby hat, but he begrudedly picked it up.

Lately, I've been wondering if that letter/thingy ever got to him. The "Greatest Hits" album and single pattern design reminds me of the pattern design I used on my envelope; I wondered if speckled handmade papers I used may have inspired Morrissey to approach Stylorouge with the design idea.

Yeah, I'm kidding myself. I guess I'll never know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-HMMnhlIw ..:sweet:
berlin 06 a book present was thrown+the cigar^^
and from the side where i stand it looked quite funny how his belly absorbed the book..he doesnt look angered at all...

WTF would you want to contact morissey!??! he's not going to read letters - he's got better things to do! and what would you want to tell him anyway!

Wtf

anyone if u dont wanna publi:ply give it pm me

Huh? I thought you sent an email last week?
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=90342

LIAR.gif

Last edited:
I wrote to him via his management company in the 90's - got the address from the back of "my early burglary years" - a couple of months later he wrote back! - just a short note to say thank you - He typed it on a computer and signed in his scrawl at the bottom - It came airmail from LA was covered in Malcom X stamps and a funny aztec sticker thing of a man with a quiff holding a parrot. Amongst other things he said "When you signed off you said keep smiling - I wasn't aware i'd even started..."

It took a while but follow the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30438214@N05/

The letter is post marked April 97. It was during the time when he was lying low in LA and i'd sent him a letter generally to say thank you for everything and please come back "don't leave us in the dark", that kind of thing.
The letter was quite long and pretty funny - I jokingly asked him for a job sending a long list all the possible positions i felt i was qualified to fill - I think they all began with "M" - "Minder, Maid, Mucker, Map-reader, Manager, Moper-upper ....." something like that. I think i also said something about how my employmet prospects were either him or Kwik Save - I can't really remember (I wish i'd kept a copy of my letter).
In reality it took him about 4 months for him to reply - It was quite a rush when it hit the doormat.
Intersting to see the "but ive hung up my quill (havent you noticed??)" bit - at the time i took it to mean he had retired - but then a few months later he announced a uk tour!!!
There was no return address and so I did not try to reply or write again but still it was kind of him to reply - as far as i know its not something he normally does - I have kept it safely squirrelled away ever since.
I loved the Malcom X stamps - (the "Mozza is a racsist" nonsense was all over the music press at the time) - and the funny sticker on the back is pretty good as well - anyone recognise it?
Oh and Solihull is not in Birmingham its in the West Midlands - hahahah.

It took a while but follow the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30438214@N05/

The letter is post marked April 97. It was during the time when he was lying low in LA and i'd sent him a letter generally to say thank you for everything and please come back "don't leave us in the dark", that kind of thing.
The letter was quite long and pretty funny - I jokingly asked him for a job sending a long list all the possible positions i felt i was qualified to fill - I think they all began with "M" - "Minder, Maid, Mucker, Map-reader, Manager, Moper-upper ....." something like that. I think i also said something about how my employmet prospects were either him or Kwik Save - I can't really remember (I wish i'd kept a copy of my letter).
In reality it took him about 4 months for him to reply - It was quite a rush when it hit the doormat.
Intersting to see the "but ive hung up my quill (havent you noticed??)" bit - at the time i took it to mean he had retired - but then a few months later he announced a uk tour!!!
There was no return address and so I did not try to reply or write again but still it was kind of him to reply - as far as i know its not something he normally does - I have kept it safely squirrelled away ever since.
I loved the Malcom X stamps - (the "Mozza is a racsist" nonsense was all over the music press at the time) - and the funny sticker on the back is pretty good as well - anyone recognise it?
Oh and Solihull is not in Birmingham its in the West Midlands - hahahah.

Thank you so much for sharing this....
What a treasure!!!!!!!

the funny sticker on the back is pretty good as well - anyone recognise it?

It's probably this guy:

300px-Tonatiuh.jpg

He's an Aztec Sun God, the fifth one to be exact. More about him here. He was big into human sacrifice. "Solihull is ...Birmingham?" is a reference to that.

The Solihull reference was because I put my address as just Solihull, Westmidlands. (which is quite right) but he doubted me....
Thanks for the link
I just realised i could include the pictures -

2852597875_9ee1361342.jpg

2852597259_a914808702_m.jpg

2852596573_c6f066f96f_m.jpg

Last edited:
smiler, thanks for sharing your pics!! Your letter must have been really sweet & funny for him to reply. :)

himm the sentence you mentioned sounds like him:D

would you mind if you share this..via a scan? or take a pic and upload it if you cant scan it...

and this is why i posted them (for sistasheila)

so my point is that you can contact him - try via his management or record company - which of course isn't that easy right now.......

the solihull part made me laugh because i know so many people in solihull that want to distance themselves from birmingham :p

thanks for sharing!

the solihull part made me laugh because i know so many people in solihull that want to distance themselves from birmingham :p

thanks for sharing!

I don't want to distance myself at all - its just the correct address

off topic slightly:

What does everyone think of the "I've hung up my quill" bit?

Do you think that he considered himself retired at the point (early 97)?

he did after all tour the US and UK at the end of that year -

perhaps he felt genuinely felt his time was up as a recording artist - he had no record deal, he was getting terrible press and all the bands of the day were quick to stick in the knife and give it a twist - or maybe he was just messing with me - wouldn't be surprised either way.

I think i got lucky with the timing of my letter, maybe he felt he had reached the end of the line at that time and so he was greatful to hear from somebody who still loved him - someone who was a Morrissey fan rather than a Smiths fan (I was 21 at the time) - and that is why he replied - to say thank you - but who knows....

and this is why i posted them (for sistasheila)

so my point is that you can contact him - try via his management or record company - which of course isn't that easy right now.......

thank you very very much :guitar:;)
and folllowing your request conc that video i will try my best again to upload the brixton 95 shoplifters performance...i have little hope that it works(i tried (for hours )and i failed:mad: obviously i did something wrong;-))

Last edited:
Tags
comandeered
Back
Top Bottom