Your favorite books when you were a kid?

I loved Beverly Clearly. I read all the Ramona books over and over and over and over again.

I was also obsessed with Nancy Drew. I even read the ones from the 1930's-50's, that mostly only older people care about. Those were the best. I became really into collecting them. I read all the spin-offs, too. Nancy Drew was also the reason I became intrested in vintage fashion.

I looooved the first four Anne Of Green Gables books. I never read beyond the first four, though. 'Anne Of Windy Poplars' was my favorite.

Peter Pan by J.M Barrie.

And Oor Wullie and The Broons annuals..:)

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole.

Jules Verne's Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Gary Trudeau's Doonesbury
Choose Your Own Adventure

Oh - I loved Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. A Stitch in Time. The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe. Prior to that it was Where the Wild Things Are. Oh, and Dr Seuss, especially "Hop on Pop" and "Go Dog, Go".

Wanted to add Charlottes Web, that was before they made it into the animated movie.

I loved a book I just read over again... Agnes Cecilia by Swedish author Maria Gripe. One of the finest books I know. Still.

I loved Beverly Clearly. I read all the Ramona books over and over and over and over again.

I was also obsessed with Nancy Drew. I even read the ones from the 1930's-50's, that mostly only older people care about. Those were the best. I became really into collecting them. I read all the spin-offs, too. Nancy Drew was also the reason I became intrested in vintage fashion.

I looooved the first four Anne Of Green Gables books. I never read beyond the first four, though. 'Anne Of Windy Poplars' was my favorite.

I also loved Beverly Cearly's Ramona books when I was about 11!
I've completely forgotten about it.

I still occasionally read Moomins and Paddington Bear books.

Beverly Cleary!!! All the way!!! - I wrote to her when I was in 5th Grade and she sent me a Ramona Forever Postcard as it had just been published. I was so excited. Sadly I used it during a one (wo)man show in high school and have never seen it again. :(

I adored Roald Dahl and I still do actually - Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Twits, The Witches...<3 :)
Then when I was a little older, it was all about the Babysitters Club.
And I loved Nancy Drew too :p I devoured books when I was younger, I was a member of two libraries from the age of 8 because one library was not enough :o:o:o...

Oooh, I love this thread! :clap:

I think I'd read "The Three Musketeers" five times by the time I was twelve... Also, a bunch of other things by Alexander Dumas.

I loved "White Fang" and "The Call of the Wild" by Jack London very much.

I was more of a bookworm when I was younger. :tears:

1st grade of primary school's Japanese text book had Oscar Wilde's Happy Prince.
When I started getting into The Smiths, my friend reminded me of it which I'd forgotten.

I envied my brother whose text book had Harry the dirty dog.

Oh, I too was into Beverly Cleary! I read every book she ever wrote, and I loved the book, "Ramona The Pest" ( She puts her doll (Bendix?) in the oven as I remember....good times. Henry Huggins eating dog food on a dare. I once had a Skipper doll (she was Barbie's friend or sister or something, great aunt...) anyway, I washed Skipper's blond metallic hair and then put the blow dryer on her and the hair melted to the doll. :p My very favorite childhood books are "Harriet The Spy" and "Harold And The Purple Crayon". There used to be this series called, "Betsy, Tacey & Tibs" (as I recall) they were published in the 40's I think. I wish I still owned those. There's a great children's bookstore in San Diego called, "The Little Prince" ;) - they have EVERYTHING. All vintage. I read the Nancy Drew books as well, but I remembered I was more interested in the Hardy Boys. Children's books are wonderful.

Hmmm well the earliest book I can remember being really interested in was a book of Ghost stories by Isaac Asimov, and from there got into Science fiction. I also got into Fantasy like The Hobbit etc around the same time. I think I was about 8 years old when it started. I liked reading pretty much any Sci-Fi or Fantasy books, just as long as they were nice and thick. I remember wanting to be really clever when I was small, and would read several books at once to keep myself from getting bored.

Oh, I too was into Beverly Cleary! I read every book she ever wrote, and I loved the book, "Ramona The Pest" ( She puts her doll (Bendix?) in the oven as I remember....good times. Henry Huggins eating dog food on a dare. I once had a Skipper doll (she was Barbie's friend or sister or something, great aunt...) anyway, I washed Skipper's blond metallic hair and then put the blow dryer on her and the hair melted to the doll.

I think the dolls name was Chevorlet : ). Ramona The Pest was one of my favorites.

I read a couple of the Henry Huggins books, too. I remember the one where at the end, he got a bike he was saving up for by selling coupons to a hair salon.

And Skipper was Barbie's sister : ). I love the 80s/90s Skipper dolls with the huge purple/blue eyes and crimped hair. I used to crimp my Barbies hair myself with my sisters hair crimper.

Being a child of the nineties...

goosebumps.jpg

I completely forgot about those!! :eek:

I had a Goosebumps bed spread, and board games, and some of the videos. I don't think I ever finished one of the books though, but I owned many.

Alice in Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass - Lewis Carroll:guitar:

Back
Top Bottom