The ignore function

Site-wide ignore feature for banned users

While poking around the vBulletin documentation (see the "Users & Usergroups" section), I found that it has a site-wide ignore feature, which means that banned users could be added to all users' ignore lists. I don't know whether users would then be able to un-ignore those users, though.

This may be less drastic than deleting banned users' comments. This post by davidt triggered this thought:

It can be deleted, but then you would not have proof and people would complain about banning even more than they already do.

I'm tempted to start a number of polls in this section to see which other vBulletin features we'd like to see davidt add.

Re: Site-wide ignore feature for banned users

Ooops, you've already forgotten about series of server errors in mid January-February?

Does this function just block the ignored's post or also make one invisible to the ignored?

Is there a way for the ignored to know you are ignoring them or to know if someone has you on ignore?

Are PM's accepted if the sender is on ignore?

Have you ever used ignore function?

If you put someone on ignore, automatically this person's posts are hidden from you.

Only you know who put ignore otherwise you won't mention it on the forums.

You won't receive PMs from ignored users.

ignore function?

DavidT, is it possible for you to set up that 'posters' who are on 'ignore' can not post in threads that we start, please? I think that would solve a lot of issues!

regards

Grim

Re: ignore function?

This is a private site, you should put up with the policy of David.
He would like to have friendly forums where everyone tolerates each other and accepts the difference.

No need for creating and spreading unnecessary ill feeling.

Last edited:

This is a private site, you should put up with the policy of David.
He would like to have friendly forums where everyone tolerates each other and accepts the difference.

No need for creating and spreading unnecessary ill feeling.

thanks DavidT,

But the problem with Utopia is that it does not exist!

The thing is DavidT, even when I agree with your moderator Kewpie, she posts that I ought to go & start up my own site, but I wouldn't expect an apology from her, so I guess I'm in a no win situation here, obviously if you are not prepared to do anything to prevent these posters harassing me then surely you must allow me to defend myself by any means necessary?

thanks for you quick reply

Grim

DavidT, is it possible for you to set up that 'posters' who are on 'ignore' can not post in threads that we start, please? I think that would solve a lot of issues!

regards

Grim

I think that might cause more problems that it solved, Grim, as unsuspecting people would discover (by way of trying to post) that they're on someone's "ignore" list and take offence. A "visible-to-friends-only" option might be better, if the present software could accommodate it. That or something to make the "Groups" function work in a more useful manner. Or an upgrade on the blog facility to allow "friends-only" discussions. I don't know if any of these ideas are workable. Anyone?

I think that might cause more problems that it solved, Grim, as unsuspecting people would discover (by way of trying to post) that they're on someone's "ignore" list and take offence. A "visible-to-friends-only" option might be better, if the present software could accommodate it. That or something to make the "Groups" function work in a more useful manner. Or an upgrade on the blog facility to allow "friends-only" discussions. I don't know if any of these ideas are workable. Anyone?

I just realized the other day that group postings are visible to everyone, not just group members. Kinda makes that Parents group I created even more pointless. :rolleyes:

I find the groups not very user friendly, It does not seem to have a function to where someone posts you get a notification. Seems a bit useless.

I just realized the other day that group postings are visible to everyone, not just group members. Kinda makes that Parents group I created even more pointless. :rolleyes:

*nods* I assumed, when I made Smut Sluts, that posts to a private group would be, well, private. Not much point in it if every man and his dog can read it, is there? Looks like I'll be sticking with PM-ing and my LJ Solo offshoot if I want to say something unfit for the forums, then. :rolleyes:

*nods* I assumed, when I made Smut Sluts, that posts to a private group would be, well, private. Not much point in it if every man and his dog can read it, is there? Looks like I'll be sticking with PM-ing and my LJ Solo offshoot if I want to say something unfit for the forums, then. :rolleyes:
Oh god! i didn't realise that!

Back
Top Bottom