Morrissey songs in films?

mozza5426

Hey folks, just a general question. Are there any songs that have been put in films, and if so, what song and what film? My brother seems to think the intro to 'certain people i know' has been on a film but i didnt think so!! I know that smiths songs have been in films, on quite a regular basis, especially adam sandler films etc, but what about mozza? any thoughts?

cheers

Hey folks, just a general question. Are there any songs that have been put in films, and if so, what song and what film? My brother seems to think the intro to 'certain people i know' has been on a film but i didnt think so!! I know that smiths songs have been in films, on quite a regular basis, especially adam sandler films etc, but what about mozza? any thoughts?

cheers

I was going to mention the music of This Charming Man in History Boys, which was the first I thought of.
But then I realised you mean solo Moz.
I can't think of any solo Moz songs in movies right now :)

"Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want" - The Smiths was featured in "Pretty In Pink". Not Morrissey songs though but can consider part of it? :p

Cheers!

mbr.

Dream Academy's cover of "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" is in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Once again...not Morrissey.

Like many others, I can name Smiffs songs in films -- "Heaven KNows I'm Miserable Now" in The Commitments and "Panic" in some Italian b-movie whose title escapes me. And there's the obvious fan documentary Is It Really So Strange? using "This Charming Man" in its end credits. But no Moz songs.

Maybe Moz has some control over how his solo songs are used. I don't think he nor Johnny Marr have control over how Smiffs songs are used because I can't see them agreeing to Nissan using HSIN to flog some ugly cars. Moz also disavowed at least one of the compilations Warner put out, especially the one with Charles Hawtrey on the cover...or did Moz WANT Charles Hawtrey on it as a perverse gesture to discourage people from buying it? :p

Oh... that reminds me. "Panic" was used in that English zombie movie recently... what was it called? With Simon Pegg?

And "Boy With The Thorn In His Side" was used in the English TV series "Blackpool" ("Viva Blackpool" when shown on BBC America.)

But no solo stuff, that I can think of. I'm not surprised, I think he's very protective of his work and not concerned with the money, so has little reason to allow his work to be used in that way.

Back
Top Bottom