Restored: The Smyths play Glasgow and Hull this weekend.

Smythssinger

The Smyths play Glasgow and Hull this coming weekend.

The ever-busy Smyths take their Spring show to venues in Glasgow and Hull this week:

Friday April 11TH - GLASGOW
Venue: The Beat Club, 375 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
9PM - 3AM, £8
with DJ IAIN O’CONNOR
Tickets priced £8 are available now from Tickets Scotland or www.threadsofsound.com/pinupnights

Sunday April 13th - HULL
Venue: The Lamp 2 Norfolk St, Hull, North Humberside, HU2 9AA
(Next door to the Campernile Hotel opposite the Hull Daily Mail)
http://www.myspace.com/thelamphull
£8

The band will perform two sets at both shows with an interval between each.
"I left the South, I travelled North..." no horse killing - we promise!
Stay Handsome!

Re: The Smyths play Glasgow and Hull this coming weekend.

im reasonbly new to seeing you lot, how did it all begin, are you all based london area?

Formed in 2003 The Smyths are an authentic & loving tribute to the music of their heroes, The Smiths and Morrissey.

During their first 18 months, The Smyths built their reputation by playing to sell-out crowds in many venues across London, including regular appearances at “Quarry”, the celebrated club night for Smiths & Morrissey music.

The last four years have seen The Smyths widen their horizons and play to passionate audiences across the UK & beyond, including successful tours of the Netherlands, Belgium and Turkey. In 2005, they were invited to headline the world’s first “Smiths conference” which saw hundreds of Smiths fans from around the world flock to Manchester for a weekend of Smiths activities. In 2007 The Smyths were brought to an even wider audience, not only with their busier gig schedule but also through an interview with Steve Wright on Radio 2 and a documentary for Radio 4.

The bands members reside in Cambridge, Watford and London although they were born as far afield as Cornwall and Newcastle/Sunderland.

They travel the UK, Europe and Asia spreading the good word according to Morrissey.

Thanks for your interest in the band. Stay Handsome!

Graham

www.thesmyths.net

ta graham, i always notice you play more london shows than anywhere else so that was my guess. see you at portsmouth for my 21st :cool:

how did you all get together then being from all over the country, was it auditioned or just advertised or what?

Last edited:

how did you all get together then being from all over the country, was it auditioned or just advertised or what?[/QUOTE]

We had been in original bands together, in London. Once it was time to pack away that dream, we wanted to be the best tribute the Smiths could have as we had all been huge fans since we were teenagers in the 80's. We spent a year rehearsing before playing our first show to a sell-out crowd at The Half Moon Putney in March 2004. Being The Smyths has given us a chance to live those songs again just as we did back in 82-87.

Smyths on stage after 10p.m. on Friday in Glasgow

We understand that a good many folk are coming from many places for the Glasgow Smyths show this Friday. We've received emails asking when we will be on stage. In light of the number requests for a later start time, The Smyths will start around 10 p.m. on Friday.

I hope that this will be good news to a good many. We're looking forward to seeing you all - the Pin Up nights are great.

The Smyths at Pin-up Nights
DOORS: 9PM - 3AM, £8
with DJ IAIN O’CONNOR
Tickets priced £8 are available now from Tickets Scotland or www.threadsofsound.com/pinupnights

Stay Handsome!
Graham - The Smyths
www.thesmyths.net

The ever-busy Smyths take their Spring show to venues in Glasgow and Hull this week:

Friday April 11TH - GLASGOW
9PM - 3AM, £8
with DJ IAIN O’CONNOR

Sunday April 13th - HULL
Venue: The Lamp 2 Norfolk St, Hull, North Humberside, HU2 9AA
(Next door to the Campernile Hotel opposite the Hull Daily Mail)
http://www.myspace.com/thelamphull
£8

The band will perform two sets at both shows with an interval between each.
"I left the South, I travelled North..." no horse killing - we promise!
Stay Handsome!

what time will you be onstage tonight (Glasgow) mate?

ok.... i WILL read every post in the thread from now on....Naughty Boy!

should be able to mate.... that's what i'm hopin for anyways. I would get there early just in case though

Back
Top Bottom