July 4th: How Does It Feel To Be Loved at 100 Club

ianw

Hello!

The details for our night on July 4th have changed. They're now:

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Friday July 4th
100 Club, 100 Oxford Street, London W1
9pm-3am, £6 adv. On the night: £6 non members, £4 members.

Following on from our Smiths special at the 100 Club in January, we present another HDIF at the 100 Club, this time to coincide with Morrissey's appearance at Hyde Park.

Guest DJ, from 10.30pm to midnight, to be announced.

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/29608

We had a wonderful night at the 100 Club in January. There are photos here - http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/jan262008a.html

If you haven't been to HDIF before, we play a mixture of indie pop and soul - roughly The Smiths to The Supremes. So we're not a dedicated Smiths and Morrissey only night like Quarry, but you'll hear plenty of Smiths, alongside Belle & Sebastian, Camera Obscura, Echo & The Bunnymen, Aztec Camera, Orange Juice, Hefner, Magnetic Fields, Jens Lekman, Go-Betweens, Felt, and loads more. And plenty of gorgeous Motown, Stax, Atlantic, northern soul, and French pop too. It's fun - please come along!

http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk

Last edited:
Re: Friday July 4th - How Does It Feel To Be Loved? in Brixton

Can you put public transport info on this, how do you get to Brixton from Hyde Park?

It's really easy - just get the Victoria line from Green Park tube station, and you're there in about ten minutes. The venue's five minute walk from the tube.

All of which is academic, sadly, as last night the venue reminded me that I can't do the night there on July 4th, as it's closed for a family party. So I guess I'll be looking for another venue. I'll let you know when it's all sorted out.

:)

It's all sorted! Hurrah!

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Friday July 4th
100 Club, 100 Oxford Street, London W1
9pm-3am, £6 adv. On the night: £6 non members, £4 members.

Following on from our Smiths special at the 100 Club in January, we present another HDIF at the 100 Club, this time to coincide with Morrissey's appearance at Hyde Park.

Guest DJ, from 10.30pm to midnight, to be announced.

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/29608

Could a mod pleaes change the thread title to:

Friday July 4th - How Does It Feel To Be Loved? at the 100 Club

Thank you!

I went in January. It is by no means a Morrissey or Smiths night. They played hardly any Smiths and no Morrissey so be warned if that's what you expect.

Pete

I went in January. It is by no means a Morrissey or Smiths night. They played hardly any Smiths and no Morrissey so be warned if that's what you expect.

Pete

Did you miss all of "The Queen Is Dead" in order? That's quite a lot of Smiths! :)

We're definitely not a Smiths or Morrissey night, as I say in the original post. But if you fancy a night where you hear some other music alongside the Smiths, then we're here!

10 Smiths tracks in 5 hours and NO Morrissey tracks. Might be a lot of Smiths tracks when you compare to other indie clubs but not really for a night that has placed itself as coinciding with Morrissey in Hyde Park and then having a music policy that doesn't include Morrissey. I think I'll be at Quarry.

It's a class night is HDIFTBL, great mix of music and always a nod to the smiths & morrissey.

"a nod to The Smiths and Morrissey"

I agree he does play the occasional Smiths track but in the many times I've been dragged there I've never heard any Morrissey solo.

The last time I was there I felt really old as most people seem to be under 25. You get that idea from the photos too.

Did you miss all of "The Queen Is Dead" in order? That's quite a lot of Smiths! :)

Yes. All of TQID and William It Was Really Nothing. That's the only Morrissey related songs that were played that night.

We're definitely not a Smiths or Morrissey night, as I say in the original post. But if you fancy a night where you hear some other music alongside the Smiths, then we're here!

So just like every alternative-based night in the land then?

Sorry if this is catty, but I went to the last HDIFTBL night in January and was disappointed at the tunes. I realise that there are a lot of different customers in with a million and one different tastes, but I just happened to have caught a night where the only I knew were from an artist who had stood me up the previous night with a viral infection.

Because of that, I'm perplexed as to why you're advertising it under the Events forum.

Yes. All of TQID and William It Was Really Nothing. That's the only Morrissey related songs that were played that night.

So just like every alternative-based night in the land then?

Sorry if this is catty, but I went to the last HDIFTBL night in January and was disappointed at the tunes. I realise that there are a lot of different customers in with a million and one different tastes, but I just happened to have caught a night where the only I knew were from an artist who had stood me up the previous night with a viral infection.

Because of that, I'm perplexed as to why you're advertising it under the Events forum.

You didn't know anything else that was played that night apart from the Smiths songs? I'm sorry to hear that. Off the top of my head we played stuff by Belle & Sebastian, Camera Obscura, Hefner, Magnetic Fields, Jens Lekman, etc etc, plus a lot of northern soul and Motown. At the end, the people who run the 100 Club said we'd played "a lot of classics".

I'm very sorry the night wasn't what you expected. I've been posting about the club here for the six years of its existence, and David has been very kind to and supportive of the night, and I know there are some folks here who do like what we do. We've never claimed to be a Smiths and Morrissey only night - but hopefully we play a lot of stuff that Smiths fans of all ages will like too.

Looking forward to this! For anyone not heading Quarrywards, I hope to see you on Friday!

Back
Top Bottom