voice overs on your arsenal?

We'll Let You Know and I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday feature some samples, the former has football crowd noise and the latter used various radio broadcasting.

anyone have the list of background voice samples used on your arsenal?

one of the german voices in " i know its gonna happen someday" is the German dramatist, poet, writer, essayist and theatre director Heiner Müller
and he was introdced by the radio moderator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heiner_Müller

Original:
...Drüber Nachdenken ob nicht von jungen Leuten vielleicht mehr Impulse kommen als von Alten, denen nichts mehr passieren kann...

...Wenn es gut geht, wird das ???forum im nächsten März...
...Für Heiner Müller bedeutet es die Vorbereitung...
[Tuning]
...Die von Franken??? bis nach Berlin...Aber nun ist etwas von ???...
[Switching to French Channel]

Translated:
...We should think about young people who are ready to try more new ideas than ... old ones [people], to which nothing bad can happen anymore...
...If everything works fine, the ???council is going to...next march...
...For Heiner Mueller it means the preparation for...
[Tuning]
...Which reaches from ?Franken? to Berlin...But now something of the ???...
http://www.oz.net/~moz/lyrics/yourarse/iknowits.htm

http://www.lafolia.com/archive/walt/walt200406hamletmaschine.html
hamletmaschine
thats a play which got recorded around 90/91 for radio where he works together with a band with so its pretty likely thats the "young people " he is referring to are the band he was working with for hamlet maschine... are "einstürzende neubauten"

which i like a lot as a teenager cause it was the most atonal music i could hear to annoy my mother...:D...
but is wasnt all noise and metal bashing sounds they had their silent moments too and even my ínterest in them has vanished they are still are one of the best live bands ever...they are coming on tour in may in europe (uk also)-recommended!

unfortunately i never got to find out the source of that beautiful voice of that female singer who croons so beautiful that "just like me" line in "i know its gonna happen someday"radio sample?
nobody knows who that girl is? i would love to have that song

in an interview with the german mag spex around the arsenal release moz said he just accidentally switched on the radio and recorded whatever came through the ather/airwaves and that he didnt know for instance what the german voice say so the interviewer told him (im lookíng for the mag to quote the exact wording of this part when i find it but thts about it i rememeber)
im sure he "still cannot speak french" either:D:) me too- so what did the french radio moderator say?

Last edited:
Wow, thank you very much sistasheila for posting really interesting info.
Sorry for being a pedant, in UK people don't use the word radio moderator to describe a person who introduces the programmes, it would be a radio broadcaster/presenter/personality.

Hopefully someone could tell us about the female singer?

Last edited:
Sistasheila, this was an amazing bit of information. Thanks very much.

I like Einsturzende Neubauten a lot as well. I saw them last year in Koko and I have my ticket for their next gig in London.

Thanks again. Vey interesting.

Bona Drag.

Wow, thank you very much sistasheila for posting really interesting info.
Sorry for being a pedant, in UK people don't use the word radio moderator to describe a person who introduces the programmes, it would be a radio broadcaster/presenter/personality.

Hopefully someone could tell us about the female singer?

i know it wasnt the correct translation but this time i was to lazy to look it up this time
normally i use www.leo.org to look something like that up cause theyre are still some english words i dont know ..even though i assumed it was something like " radio broadcaster"..

and if somebody knows who that female singer i is that I mentioned

please delight me with your knowledge:D

but thanks

thanks also bona drag -enjoy the gig ..i will too - in berlin--there nothing like them live really

i got a message concerning that interview recently, who read thatbthread and who was interested about mozzers comment on it so anyone interested can look it up in the mag which was posted here:
the quote i refered to here is printed in german and is translated into english :
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=922256&postcount=15

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom