Hybrid viewing mode crashes on long threads

How do you view threads?

• Total voters
Check it out:

1. In some short thread, switch to Hybrid Mode in the Display Modes link in the upper right.
  2. Try viewing one of the monster threads, like the Post whatever... or What else are you doing... ones.
  3. Behold an out-of-memory error on the server, to wit:
    Code:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6070 bytes) in /home/forums/httpd/showthread.php on line 1231

Not to mention that hybrid mode is almost totally useless, because whenever you click "Quick" to post a reply, it assumes that your reply is a child of that post, which is not necessarily the case. In other words, threads get much more deeply nested than makes sense. (The only way for a post not to appear as the child of another is to create it only using the
reply.gif
button. That's ridiculous.

You should report it to vBulletin.

David might be unable to solve the problem.

I didnt even know other modes existed so this affects me exactly 0%. I just tried it and I dont like it anyway so poop on it.

NRiTH you should find a hobby not so close to your career ha ha ha ha:D

I didnt even know other modes existed so this affects me exactly 0%. I just tried it and I dont like it anyway so poop on it.

Tried it? How brave you are. I didn't dare to change a thing, fearing that I won't be able to change it back. :o

Tell me about it. :o

hahaha maybe Bocce Ball?:p

well at least now we can separate the nerds from the losers who answered "WTF" (See this is funny because i love nugz and epbabe so I am kindly joshing them and in no way am I actually saying these words in an outright malicious manner)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom