A couple of things i put on Ebay

Advice about Ebay

Hi ive been putting some of my collection on Ebay and most of its pretty rare like The Smiths first Lp splatter vinyl. I have just described the item and its condition,i tend to think that people who collect know what they re looking at and theres no need for spiel. Though i have seen reams written about things, I was wondering if you think the sales patter helps?
I am sad to see my stuff go but as i have said before its that rainy day time when im trying to get a deposit together to put on a house.

Alan

Re: Advice about Ebay

Hi ive been putting some of my collection on Ebay and most of its pretty rare like The Smiths first Lp splatter vinyl. I have just described the item and its condition,i tend to think that people who collect know what they re looking at and theres no need for spiel. Though i have seen reams written about things, I was wondering if you think the sales patter helps?
I am sad to see my stuff go but as i have said before its that rainy day time when im trying to get a deposit together to put on a house.

It's true that I generally don't glean much from the write-ups, other than remarks about the item's condition, and track listings (if it contains tracks that are hard to find--I have many saved searches for particular songs). But of course, the most important thing to have is pics, preferably lots of them.

Alan

do you have the item listed currently? :)

when i sell i don't typically do any speil.
just pictures.
what the item is.
and i never forget to mention "RARE" if it actually is.

Alan

I think it helps if you put the P+P costs on your auctions tbh?

love

Grim

I think its a difficult one with postage and ive been stung on stuff,i remember buying the Kate Bush singles box set and paid a tenner for postage and noticed when it came it was about £4 so i would never try to rip anyone off, you cant realy tell anyone what the postage will be til you know where its going or maybe you can i realy dont know?

Alan

I think its a difficult one with postage and ive been stung on stuff,i remember buying the Kate Bush singles box set and paid a tenner for postage and noticed when it came it was about £4 so i would never try to rip anyone off, you cant realy tell anyone what the postage will be til you know where its going or maybe you can i realy dont know?

Alan

get yourself a leaflet from the post office, called something like 'postal rates' and it tells you all the weights/prices/sizing etc including overseas...
all you do is weigh the item and the package it'll be going in, then compare to the leaflet...
if its inbetween then i just go to the next price up as you KNOW you should be covered then. :)

Back
Top Bottom