The Smyths in Putney and St Albans

Paulc

On holiday by mistake
The Smyths are playing this Saturday 8th March in the Half Moon in Putney - i have just bought 5 tickets for me and my mates.

They are playing St Albans at The Horn on 15th March - this is just near where i live so i have managed to persuade MrsC and a few (non fan) friends to come with me.

Is anyone on here going to either of these gigs? Would love to say hi. When i saw the Smyths and Dingwalls last month we had a great night and they were superb - i do recommend them. :guitar:

I was at Dingwells and it was indeed a good night, not sure if I will make it tomorrow as Brians in not such a big fan!

Might end up going. Used to love seeing the Smyths but kinda went off them (for reasons discussed in another thread!).
It's a great night out, though; especially if you haven't seen them before...

Might end up going. Used to love seeing the Smyths but kinda went off them (for reasons discussed in another thread!).
It's a great night out, though; especially if you haven't seen them before...

Hope you made the show last night - lots of changes (more to come) and 3 new songs added ("The more you ignore me""Barbarism.." and "Jeane") with more on the way. The all-new set will also feature at St Albans. New start, new end and encores and the return of some not-often played songs such as "That joke isn't funny anymore". Hope those who came liked the new show. The stage invasion was very welcome!

G

Hope you made the show last night - lots of changes (more to come) and 3 new songs added ("The more you ignore me""Barbarism.." and "Jeane") with more on the way. The all-new set will also feature at St Albans. New start, new end and encores and the return of some not-often played songs such as "That joke isn't funny anymore". Hope those who came liked the new show. The stage invasion was very welcome!

G

Great fun saturday night!! Had far too much to drink (again) and danced like an idiot (again), got on the stage at the end (sorry!), woke up on Sunday ashamed of myself (again). I was the idiot in the black Morrissey T shirt dancing at the front. Thanks so much for a great night.:guitar:

Maurice - did you go?

See you in St Albans next week. I may be better behaved as MrsC is coming too - and she would be horrified by my beahviour....:eek:

G

Fraid I didn't make it on Sat. Was trying to persuade two Smyths virgins to come but couldn't get them out of the Wimbledon Village Tandoori quickly enough!
Splendid news about the setlist. Would love to hear your version of 'The more you ignore me' with its swooping vocal and extremely pleasing riff! One of the finest Moz singles.
Will endeavour to make either the Shepherds Bush or Kingston dates in a couple of weeks' time.
Hope you and the band enjoyed playing the new songs, and breaking up the running order. Feel a bit guilty now for making such a fuss!

Feel a bit guilty now for making such a fuss!

Banish your guilt Maurice, your comments were welcome and spared any complacency setting in. It was nice to mix things up, whilst looking to maintain the dynamics of a strong start building to a crescendo at the end. We'd long talked about closing the show the way we did and the "Spring" set allows us to do just that. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised by some of the further additions on the way; I'm very excited about performing them. The St Albans show will be different again to the Putney set whilst still being fresh with new and returning gems. I hope everyone will enjoy it. The last two shows there have been sell-outs so I'd advise booking in advance if you can. Stay handsome!

Huge thanks to The Smyths who played a brilliant set at The Horn in St Albans on Saturday. Great venue, fantastic crowd and a lovely energy in the room. Nice to see some familiar faces too.

The set was excellent as always and included Smiths and Morrissey classics (such as Interesting Drug) and some newer stuff like IBEH.

I took MrsC to see them for the first time and while she was somewhat embarrased by my over zealous dancing from the first minute - she did enjoy it and was pleased by the end that i wasnt the only one dancing like a drunken idiot. :D

So Graham and the lads - thanks again, the pleasure and the privilege was mine.

Hope to see you on 28th in Shephards Bush (if MrsC will allow it...)

went to putney, got the setlist from the stage, nice to see the boys chopping and changing it. keeps me comming back, going to kingston in 2 weeks with 4 mates. got around 5 or 6 of us into it we're all under 21 which is great that new generations are comming through. the mosh at the front at putney was great, not many tribute bands can boast such active audiences as im sure it is across the country

Back
Top Bottom