Again, Relationships Depress Me!

I am sick and tired of relationships and their politics. And not knowing where you stand.

Here's a question, EDIT: well, two questions actually.
is anybody in the same boat,
and secondly - is it ever totally possible to want just one person only and fully, at one time? Or are we always continually seeking more, never happy with our lot?
Actually, it was a relief to read this thread... I often feel guilty for my feelings, though im in an "open" relationship..

I am sick and tired of relationships and their politics. And not knowing where you stand.

and secondly - is it ever totally possible to want just one person only and fully, at one time? Or are we always continually seeking more, never happy with our lot?
well, I'm not saying I'm perfect or trying to be a Smug Married, but I have to say if I am in a relationship with someone, I don't look beyond them.

I do that too, for a very long time. But then,unexpected things can happen. :rolleyes:
yeah. Like i said, I'm not saying I'm an expert, but that's the way i am :) hope it never changes too! :D

I do believe it won't. :)

Actually I don't, but I wanted to be nice. :sweet:

Ah okay. Because you quoted someone else. :o I got confused. :confused:
haha! Well, let's see...*keeps fingers crossed very hard*

OK,
Im in a relationship that is something between the best thing in the world and a nightmere:o why? First, he's a very very kind person, that Im very fond of, and he wants to give me all the freedom in the world.. But this makes it all worse, i think, because then i never know when i hurt him or not. I meet guys, I hug them and talk with them and. sometimes more:o And he understands. It's just one thing I cant tell... when I gets feelings for them, or start maybe thinks others are better:o It is very difficult too, cause Im afraid to get hurt, and my Bf is moving away for 3 years this autumn. So relationships depresses me, because.. you cant get rid of the longing for freedom, or the feeling of guilt:o

I've given up on relationsips. When you are in one you feel strangulated by the restrictions and when you are not you are lonely. I've been on my own so long I find it hard to "tow the line" and like to please myself what I do. Never seems to go down well with the other person. You can't win.

In my experience - and this opinion is based on just about everyone i've ever known - it is natural to seek out more from life.. even the most content contemplate a 'dabble' from time to time. Men are naturally led by their dicks. If a man has never cheated at least once, he has almost certainly thought about it.. or has not had the opportunity yet. Women are similar to Men in this regard - but perhaps are slightly less likely to go through with it.
It's normal to want more from life, however happy you are.... as far as relationships are concerned, is it really healthy to accept a 'once a week in the dark' missionary position shag for the rest of your life? Ok, so you may have 'spiced it up' a bit as a couple in the bedroom over the years - but should that always be enough?

Last week, I spoke to a couple who told me it was their 65th Anniversary of married life that day - I'm not afraid to tell you, it almost scared me to death... the husband had a resigned look...

Will Never Marry.

OK,
Im in a relationship that is something between the best thing in the world and a nightmere:o why? First, he's a very very kind person, that Im very fond of, and he wants to give me all the freedom in the world.. But this makes it all worse, i think, because then i never know when i hurt him or not. I meet guys, I hug them and talk with them and. sometimes more:o And he understands. It's just one thing I cant tell... when I gets feelings for them, or start maybe thinks others are better:o It is very difficult too, cause Im afraid to get hurt, and my Bf is moving away for 3 years this autumn. So relationships depresses me, because.. you cant get rid of the longing for freedom, or the feeling of guilt:o

3 years is a lifetime.......

In my experience - and this opinion is based on just about everyone i've ever known - it is natural to seek out more from life.. even the most content contemplate a 'dabble' from time to time. Men are naturally led by their dicks. If a man has never cheated at least once, he has almost certainly thought about it.. or has not had the opportunity yet. Women are similar to Men in this regard - but perhaps are slightly less likely to go through with it.
It's normal to want more from life, however happy you are.... as far as relationships are concerned, is it really healthy to accept a 'once a week in the dark' missionary position shag for the rest of your life? Ok, so you may have 'spiced it up' a bit as a couple in the bedroom over the years - but should that always be enough?

I'm a guy, but I've never cheated, and I've never even contemplated the possibility. And I've been with my wife for 17 years. Do we have a perfect relationship? Hardly. Being led by your head isn't as impossible as everyone would have you believe.

Last week, I spoke to a couple who told me it was their 65th Anniversary of married life that day - I'm not afraid to tell you, it almost scared me to death... the husband had a resigned look...

Uhh, he was at least 85. That's probably his normal expression. It'll definitely be mine at that age, if not much sooner. Everybody's scared of the future.

Back
Top Bottom